Author Topic: Ongoing hip problem  (Read 563 times)

commie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Ongoing hip problem
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
I've had a weird pain in my hip on and off for the past 6 months. Some days I can hardly walk, let alone skate. Other days, there is no pain whatsoever. I can't trace this back to any particular injury. I just woke up one day in excruciating pain. Has anyone had a similar issue? I am considering going to see a doctor, but I'm not sure how serious it is.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
Re: Ongoing hip problem
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »
Hate giving this answer, but you should see the doctor. You have had to have had at least a few hoppers in your day right? Could be scar tissue sitting on a nerve or something. I would say to try and rehab it yourself but that could make it worse.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:26:31 PM »
Hate giving this answer, but you should see the doctor. You have had to have had at least a few hoppers in your day right? Could be scar tissue sitting on a nerve or something. I would say to try and rehab it yourself but that could make it worse.

Yeah, what he said. Go get it checked out. A remember that injuries often heal better with physical therapy than with surgery, you just have to be willing to put in the time, effort, and pain.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »
Might even skip the doctor and go straight to physio.....yes hours of pushing can mess up your hips pretty good...