Author Topic: Pain at top of my pushing foot?  (Read 4158 times)

peter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Pain at top of my pushing foot?
« on: June 19, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
I recently got back on the board after a nine month hiatus and recently my pushing foot started to have a bruise-like feeling. It hurts to push, but doesnt really hurt that bad. I can skate for an hour or two until it hurts too much to skate. Anyone could guess what it could be? Its been about a week and still hurts

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pain at top of my pushing foot?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
Try massaging your soles using a racquetball or something similar, and maybe soak your foot in ice water when you first get back from skating, then later warm water to relax the muscles. You probably just need to rebuild a lot of the little muscles in there. If it doesn't go away within a few weeks, go get it checked out.

peter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »
Alright thanks for the reply! Ill do that. It seems to be getting better slowly day by day so I think itll be alright

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
I recently got back on the board after a nine month hiatus and recently my pushing foot started to have a bruise-like feeling. It hurts to push, but doesnt really hurt that bad. I can skate for an hour or two until it hurts too much to skate. Anyone could guess what it could be? Its been about a week and still hurts
[/quote

When was the last injury that you had?  Like the poster just said a tennis ball would work. Also you need to stretch your feet and ankles before every practice for now on.  Warm up before you stretch using jumping jacks.  How is your diet?  Are you eating right?  Too many fatty foods could be the problem.  Also, may I suggest a muscle rub such as tiger balm?  It works wonders.  Here are two videos that have helped me and i hope they help you too.

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »
cut it!

Instascam

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »
This happens to me. Except I have an accessory navicular bone in each foot, it hurts to push no matter what basically.