Author Topic: Stephen King Appreciation  (Read 6347 times)

slobplant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Stephen King Appreciation
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 09:12:52 AM »
A couple of years ago I read "Under the Dome" while my leg was broken. It was great up until the end. Did anyone here ever read "Cell"?

doctorpoopy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 11:52:06 AM »
A couple of years ago I read "Under the Dome" while my leg was broken. It was great up until the end. Did anyone here ever read "Cell"?

I read cell last year.  Kind of dorky, but good enough to hold your attention.  It holds up
Why are adjectives almost always in the following order quantity, quality, size, age, shape, color, purpose. Why can't I say " useless, big, three, bad men" instead of "three useless, big, bad men" It's n

TPA_shoelicker

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 09:55:51 AM »
I normally just lurk because I figured getting into the shitstorm that is SLAP this late probably just wasn't worth it, but I love Stephen King and saw this thread so I went ahead and made an account to share this gem.

I've always liked following the super far gone conspiracy nuts, but this dude takes the cake. Most of the blatantly crazy blogs you come across have already met their natural conclusion (recovery, incarceration, death, etc.), but this goon is still going strong after 30+ years.

Somewhere right now, there is a man roaming California named Steve Lightfoot. . .

This is Steve Lightfoot's van.

He believes that Stephen King is the actual person that shot John Lennon, and that Mark David Chapman is a government patsy. His proof is contained within decoded newspaper headlines that were published around the time of the shooting, hidden meanings in King's books and a bunch of other wild circumstantial shit.

Dude is pretty nuts no doubt, but his blog is an INCREDIBLE read. He has a personal blog section that he's been updating since like 2001 or some shit. Right now he believes that a homeless man he hired to drive him home from a dental surgery conspired with local police to drug him and leave him in the car to receive a DUI.

My man has even flown to Florida with protest signs to testify at a Sarasota city council meeting just because Stephen King had a winter home there.
True dedication.

Here is his blog, the personal blog section is called "footnotes and developments". Definitely worth a read.
lennonmurdertruth.com

Shalom

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
I think its interesting that he doesn't like Kubricks "The Shining," which is not only 100 times better than the book but also 100 times better than any movie based on something Stephen King wrote.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »
I think its interesting that he doesn't like Kubricks "The Shining," which is not only 100 times better than the book but also 100 times better than any movie based on something Stephen King wrote.

its a great film, one of my favorites but it is very different than the book, which is probably why king hated it. and no the film is not 100 times better than that book in my opinion; although that movie is amazing.

i love the body(stand by me) and Shawshank short stories, but the films for those two might be better than the written story itself.

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2019, 12:49:38 PM »
Really digged Hearts in Atlantis. The movie sucked. Also enjoyed the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. And off course the obvious the stand and dark tower were great.

TheO7herOne

• Rep: 2
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 09:03:52 AM »
Jack Torrance was kind of an autobiographical character for him and his alcoholism/addiction, I think that's why he acts so picky about the movie version being different for Shining, he's too close to it.

Nightmares and Dreamscapes is my favorite of his short story collections but I really like em all. For novels I'd say It is his best, The Stand a close second, I always go back to both of those. Its not even so much the horror I love about his writing as it is the way he describes stuff like the history of Derry and character's inner monologues. Everything always feels real and down-to-earth in his worlds even when fantastical shit is going down

Castle Rock is ehhh alright, creepy atmosphere and if you're a King fan there's tons of references you'll notice but it's a real slow-burner, I bailed on it like halfway thru cause I have no attention span when it comes to TV

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
Damn I thought this was King of the Hill appreciation
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »
The Dark tower, Particularly The Gunslinger, is one of my favorite series/books ever.

Eyes of the dragon is another favorite that I don’t hear mentioned much!

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 08:17:12 AM »
I spent a large part of my childhood learning to read books from Carl Saggan to Stephen King. My da was a science nerd who insisted on me reading spy novels by Tom Wolfe.

For me the list goes like this
Monkey Shines
Skeleton Crew
Different Seasons
IT
Misery
Creepshow
Needful Things
The Stand
The Green Mile
The Dead Zone
Dolores Claiborne
Four Past Midnight
Bag of Bones
Dr Sleep
The Shining

For me I like his other genre of novellas and stuff that doesn't pertain the horror, I think his best work was Shawshank, Delores Claiborne, and Survivor Type really prolific works of his.
Dueces Bitch's

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2019, 02:32:33 PM »
I’ve started re-collecting some of his books now that my daughter is old enough to read them (and interested in horror). One that’s always stuck with me is the short story “The Long Walk” from The Bachman Books. Love that one. On a side note, I just watched Maximum Overdrive for the first time in 20 years. As bad as a lot of the adaptations are, at least he didn’t direct them all. -woof-
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2019, 06:20:20 AM »
PEOPLE, YOU’RE THE PROBLEM!
Oct. 11, 2018;

As you will find the entries at the top, here, are the most current. Scroll down to get earlier entries as everything is layered from the top down.

EVERY 8TH OF EVERY MONTH I PROTEST FROM NOON TO THREE IN DOWNTOWN MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA. I NEED YOU TO SHOW UP AND HOLD SIGNS. I HAVE EXTRAS.

STEPHEN KING E-MAILED ME LAST WEEK;

And he e-mailed me on the 37th anniversary of my evidence find, July 26, not just any random day. One that mostly only he would pay attention to. Actually he typed it up a few days earlier, July 22, which, if I’m not mistaken, is the anniversary of the day I was almost killed in a traffic light accident when another vehicle ran a red light at almost 60 mph hitting me and my delivery truck (Conveniently NOT when I was driving my website van) This was in Concord, California in 2010, I believe, (See details below in “Police Abuses Against Me” chapter.)

I also think it was THE Stephen King because he suggested we had ever exchanged letters before. Actually he has e-mailed me a few times and I may have responded, briefly, to one or two, before. The point being, only he would know that. His syntax and punctuation, etc. spot on perfect, like an author’s would be. Mostly I think it is the real Stephen King because he has a tendency to go for the gross out. In this case it was the line; “..I shot the fucker until I was satisfied..” Without further adieu, the e-mail titled; ” My Confession:”

My Confession

[email protected]

Monday, July 22, 2019, 7:21 PM PDT

Hello Mr. Lightfoot

As you may have already gleaned from my email username, I am the author Stephen King. We’ve talked briefly before, as in our letters, but this game of yours has gone on too long. Your incessant persistence was annoying at first, but now it is threatening my livelihood. People are beginning to ask questions, questions for which I have no credible answer.

I suppose that means you win this battle, though not the war.

I confess, I killed John Lennon. Shot the fucker until I was satisfied. My only regret is that I couldn’t watch him bleed out as his soul went to Hell. I know he’s in Hell because he speaks to me. Every day he speaks to me. I know I’ll meet his there one day.

If you publicize the email, Lightfoot, terrible things await you; things that would make you beg for an eternity in Hell instead. I’ve got connections. You really think you’ve beaten me? Nice try. Even if you had real proof, and not the ramblings of a madman, nothing bad would happen to me.

Besides, no one will ever believe you.

Best,

Stephen King

So, there you have it, folks, King is starting to admit to me that he is feeling the heat, apparently. Of course it could be anybody but I think not in this instance.

I don’t want King to ever think that we are pen pals, far from it. I will write to you, the public, instead, and offer my observations about his letter.

To begin with, he may be contemplating suicide and possibly taking me out at the same time. He was jealous of John Lennon’s goodness and power and he’s, no doubt, out to stop me from taking over where John left off. He doesn’t want me to reign after he is jailed. He is insanely jealous of anyone such as I who would wield immense power as a celebrity, after. Especially one such as I bent on undoing all the evil King has caused these past three decades, school shootings being the most obvious. When he killed John Lennon he knew he would do his best to rub out Lennon’s good influence on us and replace it with our destruction. Now it’s my turn to rub out his evil influence and he dreads this most of all. This is the part where he threatens terrible things will happen to me, very terrible things, if I publicize this letter. As if he needs a specific reason other than my busting him for killing John Lennon and sending him to either prison for life or a firing squad as a traitor. Maybe he wants to see if I respect his orders or not. Certainly he must know that this letter, especially, would be publicized by me. Maybe he thinks I think his wishes matter to me one way or another. That he was so nondescript suggests he has given the matter lots of fantasizing. He would only do anything to me if he was prepared to die, after. If I die my story will break in one week or less. He knows that and so do I. And, so, he may have some contingency plan to kill me at the same time he kills himself. A coward who would shoot someone in the back is the kind of coward who would not choose to face the music if he could avoid it.

If so, his plot is busted and now all law enforcement will make sure his “Connections” don’t get to me. Thanks for the tip off. The whole world reads my website.

He also talks about his preoccupation with spending an eternity in Hell and that he hopes to meet John Lennon there someday.

So, maybe he is thinking about taking the cowards way out offing himself and maybe see if he can stop my reign of celebrity hood, after, and kill me, too via his “connections” I think his real connections include the Kremlin, frankly, people of America..

He states that I have the; ” ramblings off a madman..” presumably about my website and this very opinionated section. I admit, the majority of what I read after I’ve written it DOES sound like the ramblings of a madman. So chalk one up for yourselves, people; your insanity and apathy regarding the matter has driven me a little mad. I am one of the few who would still be sane after what I’ve seen and I am sane, after all. Just being as sane as I still am is heroic, in my opinion. Saving this stupid thing called the “Masses” is an unfair proposition, period. Now I know, all too well. How does one save a  nation of devoted, media mind controlled masochists, anyway?

So, he may be right about that. I’m not ashamed of my rantings. They are my legacy. They will stand after I jail King and spank guilty society for that is what society needs to hear. I am determined to change the behavior of the public for you are the problem, after all. That you would all allow a no trial necessary scenario for Lennon’s murder is just atrocious. After all the trouble Nixon put him through when he was under deportation orders. Shame on all of you, not me for complaining about your bad behavior..

I do, however find it amusing that he suggests I am mad right after he gushes about how much he wants to meet John Lennon in Hell and that Lennon speaks to him every day and how much he enjoyed himself, with no regard for anyone but Stephen King and only narcissist Stephen King, when he; “… shot the fucker until (he) was satisfied…” As if it were an orgasm for him. As if hurting the people of the world is what really turns him on.

He also suggest no one will ever believe me in almost the same breath he admits his answers about my claims come across as not credible to others.

When he says that; “…nothing bad will happen to (Him)..” he must mean after he kills himself, first. The man who killed John Lennon for Nixon and Reagan to cripple America with pure evil is guilty of nothing less than a treasonous crime and punishable by death from a firing squad, if I’m not mistaken, and he knows this. federal jurisdiction over rules state law, I believe.

His buddy in Bangor, Maine that sold his books at a bookstore, Mitchell, if I’m not mistaken, admitted to me once; “He’s afraid he’s gonna FRY!!!!!”

So, people, this letter is to you. I really don’t care what Stephen wants. If only I could say that about all of you, his frightened prisoners.

Try demonstrating in the streets with my website address on your signs and watch the world change. Can you ignorant infidels do that for me, please? For your sake, for once? Or are you all ghouls standing like spectators on the sidelines waiting for whatever may happen next?

(By the way, as I write these words, King’s evil influence on America just visited my home town area yesterday when an angry young man shot up a crowd at the Gilroy Garlic festival nearby. It might even be the same person who has been throwing rocks and shooting motorists for two months near that part of the 101 freeway. Stephen King wrote about a student shooting up his classmates in the mid 70’s people. A book titled “RAGE”. As my life is being threatened by a sick horror writer are you people willing to even save your own asses, this time?)

King’s evil fart has just tainted your home area, here. Hasn’t it?

Jail King or remain his prisoner.

Sincerely, Steve Lightfoot

Steven King on school shootings

UrsulaHaverbeck

• Rep: -22
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »
Dude's a fuckin unhinged weirdo, looks like a dr. seuss character pedophile, and his books suck.