Author Topic: No Motivation .  (Read 1228 times)

Jackburton

Re: No Motivation .
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:20 AM »
I remember see one of those blue plastic boards in a toy store in the mall.  It is one of my first memories and I just remember thinking that is what I need.  When I finally got a real complete I would spend hours trying to ollie over a little 6X6 scrap piece of wood.  The only concrete I had in a 2 miles radius was my front porch which was rough and cracked, and only long enough for a couple pushes.  The worst pain I ever had was when I credit carded myself in my grundle while trying to ollie that piece of wood.  It then took me years to learn my first flip trick.  I was always small for my age, but eventually after 5 or 6 years of skating I developed some pop.  Basically, I had a growth spurt around13-14 and gained respect at the skatepark.

In other words, the last thing I took away form my yeshiva is this:  We can't run from who we are.  Our destiny chooses us.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »
stop jacking it
Seriously, keep your hands off of it and use your sexual frustration to fuel your progression.

BasicSkater

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 09:27:54 AM »
You gotta be motivated if you wanna progress. I was at first motivated because my dad skated. Then I watched a bunch of videos and hung out with other more talented skaters.

To be honest, if youre not motivated. Dont skate.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 05:09:42 PM »
what if i hate my style, should i just kill myself?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »
what if i hate my style, should i just kill myself?

Welcome aboard.

kook nukem

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
I'll repeat what some others have said: If you're just starting, and you aren't motivated, you might wanna rethink your choice. Skateboarding called to me for a couple of years before my parents would even let me have a board (danger aspect), and once I started, I couldn't stop, skating for hours each day. That motivation level usually fades, so it won't get any easier for you. However, if you feel that spark, go with it. The more you skate, the less afraid/better you'll be, and that will just build on itself. Good luck!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »
are you guys tryin' to get in the forum feeder or what?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 03:06:46 AM »
Head first into hard drugs. The harder the better.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -474
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »
Hey , Uhm , you could say I'm a beginner to skateboarding . The problem is , I aint motivated to do these tricks and practice for hours , not even 30 minutes . Can I get someone to give me advice on what will motivate me ? & also things that will overcome my fear ?

If its that much of an issue for you then you obviously dont want to skate. part of it is the battle with trick. if you dont want to do it , then you dont want to skate , simple. give your board to a less fortunate kid and go play football or whatever less cool activity it is that you ARE motivated to do and stop asking stupid questions that are easily solved on your own.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »