Author Topic: recovery from broken ankle  (Read 8821 times)

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: recovery from broken ankle
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 11:02:31 AM »
Here's the beautiful ankle injury I gave myself on the 6th of September. http://imgur.com/a/seFx6

Grade 3 strain with partial tearing, and I fucked up a tendon on the inside of my ankle at the same time because the ankle roll was so brutal. I still don't understand how I didn't break it. Foot was the size of a football for a good 2 months. It took 3 x-rays and one MRI to determine it wasn't broken.

Here we are, mid-March, after daily physio and stretching and I still can't jog. I can walk fine and ride a stationary bike, but that's about it. It's cold and humid right now and my achilles tendon is stiff as shit right now. Hopefully I'll be able to skate a bit this summer.

Ankle bro's unite !
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:04:55 AM by TheBoognish »

micky682

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2017, 12:37:46 PM »
Here's the beautiful ankle injury I gave myself on the 6th of September. http://imgur.com/a/seFx6

Grade 3 strain with partial tearing, and I fucked up a tendon on the inside of my ankle at the same time because the ankle roll was so brutal. I still don't understand how I didn't break it. Foot was the size of a football for a good 2 months. It took 3 x-rays and one MRI to determine it wasn't broken.

Here we are, mid-March, after daily physio and stretching and I still can't jog. I can walk fine and ride a stationary bike, but that's about it. It's cold and humid right now and my achilles tendon is stiff as shit right now. Hopefully I'll be able to skate a bit this summer.

Ankle bro's unite !
Is it wrong to like looking at ankle roll pics?

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 01:19:58 PM »
As an update, still going strong since my injury, haven't reinjured my ankle or leg thankfully, it feels stronger then ever and so do I. I'm happy at the point I've reached again with my skating, finally progressing beyond where I got stuck with the injury(took four years). I did as much as I could with PT, massage and exercise, but I hit a wall due to scar tissue. I visited my orthopedic surgeon and he said there was nothing else I could do beyond what I already was doing to break it up. I got a lucky connection however, my best friend became an apprentice to this guy Bob who came up with a system to non intrusively break up scar tissue in the body. It's called resistance flexibility training, and it's incredibly effective treatment. You can find more about in by looking it up, Oprah endorses this guy, he's been doing it for like 20-30 years and he has worked on Olympic athletes, football players, and a bunch of other people who had serious injuries. They're pretty new age/ seem kind of hokey at first glance but it did wonders for my leg. Helped push me past the limits of my injury, get back to having a normal life again, not only with skating but walking, running, biking, swimming etc. They have centers in Boston, LA, Santa Barbara and NYC for anyone interested.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
Update on my shit. After I came out of surgery, doctor told me when I broke my ankle, my syndesmotic ligament was disconnected so he had to put in an extra screw, which meant instead of not walking for six weeks, that was doubled into three months. I'm still five weeks out, and once that time is up, he'll take out the extra screw he put in to hold it together and I'll be able to walk right away. Has anyone else ever had a syndesmotic screw in their ankle? How long would it take to pop ollies/flip tricks after taking it out? I'm fuckin dying to skate y'all. It's been nine weeks.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down