Author Topic: MJ Chrome Ball interview  (Read 41107 times)

king_in_the_north

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
Re: MJ Chrome Ball interview
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 06:27:04 AM »
Chops going out with a bang
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 06:40:26 AM »
Why would Eversol delete it? Fuck Ty. Just keep it and don't release it.

chinese weed

• Rep: 55
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 06:43:59 AM »
I doubt he really did. Ty should  stick to m0t0X xtr3me sports and not return.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:09 AM »
I doubt he really did.

I don't see why MJ would say it was deleted if it hadn't been.  He seemed honest/bummed about the whole ordeal.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
I hope Evs kept it on a hidden jump drive or external hard drive or something and now that the cat's out of the bag, he'll be like, "Surprise!  Here's an MJ Tiltmode part!"

And for everyone asking about why they listened to Ty, it sounded like he was making such a big deal out of the situation, not dropping it, and basically being a dick, that it wasn't worth the headache anymore.  He probably wouldn't stop bringing it up and MJ and Evs just got tired of dealing with the situation.  At the time, it probably didn't dawn on Marc how much that part meant to him and he just wanted it to be over-especially considering that he was spending so much time working with Ty and everybody on the Lakai video and stil had a lot of time ahead of him.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2013, 07:46:11 AM »
Well MJ also said that during the time he was a full blown alcoholic so maybe the conversations didnt end in the best way and maybe eversole wasnt trying to piss his friend off or get him in trouble. Just a guess.  It really sucks that it wasnt in the video because bag of suck is hands down one of the best videos of the 2000s, just a tight crew of dudes that no one besides a few people really believed in. Hemmorrhaging that many big names and still coming out with that video? Damn.

mj and his son did get last trick in the friends section so at least theres that.

This interview was perfect, it filled in a lot of fairly large gaps in his epicly laterd.

im bummed that company didnt pan out but that probably goes back to no one thinking the dudes that were left on enjoi could hang. In a lot of ways maybe the way it turned out was for the best because all those guys had something to prove and mj had a lot to deal with. Still though, it wouldve been nice if rick and company had a little more faith in those dudes because enjoi is full of rippers. At least theyre all still good friends and the door is always open for other stuff. As a fan of all these dudes its like seeing a happy ending.

Also MJs pretty sweet part is perfection, it has all the best elements of his fully flared opus pared down to perfection with a song that wraps it all up very very nicely. Its easily the best part in the whole video.

im glad he proved everything youve ever heard about ty evans and then some. I guess rick trusted him a little too much.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:57:33 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2013, 08:03:33 AM »
Wow, he just buried Ty.

And Rick and Mike to a degree.

BA leaving could be just the first of the changes to Crailtap coming out of Pretty Sweet.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
MJ has been my favorite skater for years, and getting to read that interview was really great. one of the best interviews ive ever read about skating. MJ to me seems like a really smart guy, and probably a genuine stand up dude now that hes cleaned up, and to me hes a real inspiration. im really excited to see what hes doing with the back forty.

and before this, i didnt have any hate for ty. i knew he was a bit over dramatic with his editing, but i was cool with it. the skaters and the tricks in his videos were still gnarly, and thats all i really cared about. but knowing that he not only robbed us of what we wanted to see in pretty sweet, but made matt evs delete what was no doubt an awesome MJ part makes me want to kick his ass. fuck ty evans. dude should be banned from skating forever. im not a mean person, and i never say hateful things to people in public, but i wont hesitate to tell him how big of a dick bag he is if i ever see him. that bummed me out so much. i really hope he knows how badly he fucked up with that move.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 08:52:53 AM »
that also reminded me of some salabanzi interview where he said his best and favorite part of his career is somewhere on a hard drive at flip and they wouldn t even give it to him just to see it. only for top $

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
I can't understand why Ty would just wanted that footage deleted. There has to be more to the story than just that?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 10:28:55 AM »
Chops, I love you.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
Ty Evans the Osama bin Laden of skateboarding ...

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 12:44:42 PM »
TY EVANS stay getting dookyed on

i seriously wanted to stomped ty's ears together after reading that fuckboi shit he pulled

he had to much power over at crail......glad thats over

he told us all the OG niggas had full parts.....the thing everyone has been wandering

but ty prolly had that shit deleted too

MJ is that realness

i feel like he is bigger than just a rider

he needs his own shit

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 03:27:53 PM »
Damn. I defended Ty for a while, then sorta looked the other way, and Modus is still my favorite video, but...

FUCK TY EVANS

Goddamn. Biggest kook ever. Give me that fucking MJ part. (Please tell me Evs has it hidden away on a hard drive somewhere. He just has to.)

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
OK Chops. You're making me think you have a Gonz or Stranger interview in your hand somewhere. DO NOT LET ME DOWN.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
Great interview. I love mj.

Ty didnt rob us from a full mj part... He robbed it from mj. And thats even worse...

I heard rumors about ty being a dick, but seriously... I didnt know he was that rotten.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 04:16:37 PM »
These past 3 CBI's have been insanely good. It's interesting to me how personal each dude is willing to get. Agree or disagree, love or hate, it's pretty fucking killer to have something like that so in depth. A lot of pros aren't willing to open up like that.

Great work all around.

EDIT: Again, the deleted part...just doesn't make sense. No one, and I mean no one, could tell a pro that carries the weight MJ carries, to delete something. I'm not buying that. And while MJ is a legend type of pro I do always get something a little dark from his interviews. He seems like a dude that could snap at virtually any time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:18:50 PM by heritage »

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »
These past 3 CBI's have been insanely good. It's interesting to me how personal each dude is willing to get. Agree or disagree, love or hate, it's pretty fucking killer to have something like that so in depth. A lot of pros aren't willing to open up like that.

Great work all around.

EDIT: Again, the deleted part...just doesn't make sense. No one, and I mean no one, could tell a pro that carries the weight MJ carries, to delete something. I'm not buying that. And while MJ is a legend type of pro I do always get something a little dark from his interviews. He seems like a dude that could snap at virtually any time.

I have to agree with you to a degree. MJ definitely has some demons and a darkside, but I also would not say that he is a liar. He was pretty open about his alcoholism, and Ty is definitely a douche.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
Amazing interview! Kind of a bummer all you guys are taking from it is a deleted video part. I also doubt it was deleted, I'm sure Eversole has it somewhere. Ty is probably embarrassed at the whole thing now but the fully flared hype was big, im sure he was under alot of pressure, no excuse but think about it they weren't even releasing ads or photos with their best shit for years leading up to it. Also if you look back at Fully Flared I think a couple clips are in there, you can tell because they are dorkier "tilt mode" clips and not filmed as well in comparison. Its a shame because I think that part would've built more hype honestly but maybe Ty didnt see it that way. Eitherway MJ is the best! Sick interview, had food poisoning today and this is the only thing that made me feel a little better.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:35:03 PM by TMKF »

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
Incredible interview, MJ is on point.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
Fuck Ty. Dude deserves to die a million different deaths.

My only question is why the fuck MJ was talking about their friendship/relationship in such an apologetic and nostalgic way in the beginning.

Evans completely fucked us. Robbed us of a Gino part too.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:34 PM »
OK Chops. You're making me think you have a Gonz or Stranger interview in your hand somewhere. DO NOT LET ME DOWN.

villagemarket

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
saw a dude call him out on instagram, ty claims that the footage was used in his fully flared part. I dont know how to use webstagram.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »
saw a dude call him out on instagram, ty claims that the footage was used in his fully flared part. I dont know how to use webstagram.

I just checked his and didn't see anyone call him out

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
a Kareem Campbell interview would break the internet

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 10:19:32 PM »
Wow, he just buried Ty.

And Rick and Mike to a degree.

BA leaving could be just the first of the changes to Crailtap coming out of Pretty Sweet.

yeah it sounds like a lot is going on in the crailtap family.. would not be suprised to see even crazier things soon.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 10:26:35 PM »
Where did he bury Rick and Mike at?

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
all the drama, this made me laugh though

"It's lame. I woke up one day and there were three McClungs, Heath Kirchart had retired, it was Battle at the Berrics 12, Element had a pro team of people I?d never heard of and there were all these new companies around while a bunch of other companies were now gone. It's surreal."

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:42 AM »
that was me who called him out on Instagram. Asked him why he deleted an MJ part when it had been given the thumbs up by rick and marc, he blocked me hahaha

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2013, 12:53:21 AM »
haha good one! That says enough I guess...