Author Topic: MJ Chrome Ball interview  (Read 41111 times)

mattofallmatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
Re: MJ Chrome Ball interview
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2013, 02:31:50 AM »
Quote from: mj
I woke up one day and there were three McClungs, Heath Kirchart had retired, it was Battle at the Berrics 12, Element had a pro team of people I?d never heard of and there were all these new companies around while a bunch of other companies were now gone. It's surreal.

Fucking seriously.

edit: just got to this,
"I think I got my wisdom teeth pulled, took vicodin for longer than I needed to and started playing Zelda on the Nintendo 64 a lot. " hahahha fuck yeah MJ rules life
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:35:28 AM by mattofallmatts »

makingwinewidraisins

• Rep: 3
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2013, 03:00:02 AM »
Holy shit that interview was so good. Man MJ has logged probably 3x as much footage as your average pro and to think there's even a full length  part of his that got flushed down the porcelain convenience!!!!!!11111 FUCK YOU TY.....FUCK YOU IN 1280p....SUPER SLOW MO..

I wonder if chops interviewed Blender?.....................................................

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
Holy shit that interview was so good. Man MJ has logged probably 3x as much footage as your average pro and to think there's even a full length  part of his that got flushed down the porcelain convenience!!!!!!11111 FUCK YOU TY.....FUCK YOU IN 1280p....SUPER SLOW MO..

I wonder if chops interviewed Blender?.....................................................

haha

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2013, 04:38:04 AM »
Damn you people are easy to please..."I drank a lot, I deleted a video part, don't forget I drank a lot."

Interview over.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
Damn you people are easy to please..."I drank a lot, I deleted a video part, don't forget I drank a lot."

Interview over.
MJ is a favorite but can't ignore the above.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2013, 07:15:23 AM »
a Kareem Campbell interview would break the internet

I don't think he'd answer Chops' questions honestly.

Super Studio

• Rep: 0
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
There's more to the story. Believe that.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2013, 07:24:17 AM »
There's more to the story. Believe that.

Please enlighten us.

Super Studio

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2013, 07:37:53 AM »
It's not complicated. Some of those clips ended up in his FF part--the whole thing wasn't just deleted. FF was a gigantic investment of time and money it was important to stay focused on making that project the best it could be.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »
It's not complicated. Some of those clips ended up in his FF part--the whole thing wasn't just deleted. FF was a gigantic investment of time and money it was important to stay focused on making that project the best it could be.
that you Ty??? ;)
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that you Ty??? ;)
Nah, Ty is busy thinking of ways to over-complicate the video making process for snowmobile companies

Super Studio

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2013, 08:52:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
that you Ty??? ;)
[close]
Nah, Ty is busy thinking of ways to over-complicate the video making process for snowmobile companies

Trying to keep a skate career core forever is how you end up with Phelps. Professional progression is a good thing.

And people not involved can judge all they want but it was a stressful time for everyone. New ground was broken. Everyone involved would have probably done things differently.

JoeyStacks

• Rep: -4
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2013, 09:12:23 AM »
All these childish dick bags like ty and phelps have done plenty to fuck skateboarding up... Tiltmode MJ is the shit I want to see.  hopefully this shit comes out in a few years with MJ's new project.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
MJ is top 5 for life

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
Chops hit Ty up for a farewell CBI interview!

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
that you Ty??? ;)
[close]
[close]

Trying to keep a skate career core forever is how you end up with Phelps. Professional progression is a good thing.

And people not involved can judge all they want but it was a stressful time for everyone. New ground was broken. Everyone involved would have probably done things differently.

Phelps rules. You shouldn't have tossed that part Ty, even if some of the shit was going to be used for FF. WHO FUCKING CARES.

I am sure that there is more to the story, everyone has their take.

Good luck with the snowmobiles.

ekayallday

• Rep: -6
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
i got pretty rattled when he told that story about the video part.

Ty does have a history with footage of skaters he's working with going to other places. Wasn't there a conflict with AVE and Dill when they were doing the AWS and Transworld video?

And wasn't there a interview with cory kennedy saying after that beware of sasquatch, ty told him to stop putting footage into web and bro shit?

Glad to know he's forever gone now

Super Studio

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
that you Ty??? ;)
[close]
[close]

[close]

Phelps rules. You shouldn't have tossed that part Ty, even if some of the shit was going to be used for FF. WHO FUCKING CARES.

You've obviously got a solid understanding of how the working world operates. Follow the Phelps model and you too can look 60 telling teenagers to bring it don't sing it.

Sometimes life ends up better when your career life ventures outside of skateboarding. Being paid well to travel, film, and edit is a good gig regardless of what you're filming.

dillanharp

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »
Is there a legal issue involved? I don't get it. Why would Marc and Matt delete the shit? I would've told Ty to fuck himself. I would think that whatever filmer actually filmed it would own the footage and Ty would have no control over what gets put out where. Am I wrong?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
that you Ty??? ;)
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

You've obviously got a solid understanding of how the working world operates. Follow the Phelps model and you too can look 60 telling teenagers to bring it don't sing it.

Sometimes life ends up better when your career life ventures outside of skateboarding. Being paid well to travel, film, and edit is a good gig regardless of what you're filming.
Phelps has dedicated his life to skating, has seen the all time best, runs what is by far the best magazine (which is destroying everyone else online as well), and will be here after shit talkers have long gone.  Following the Phelps model and you too can stay in skating your whole life whether it is dead or not.  Disappear filmer clown.

Super Studio

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
I understand what you're saying about Phelps but skateboarding's a small industry and there's only one Thrasher.

And to be honest the only people who think working in the skateboarding industry is ideal are people who have never worked in it. A lot of people get pigeonholed in the industry because that's all they know. If you're a pro from your late teens until your early 30s you've missed out on the window  where career development happens for most people.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
I understand what you're saying about Phelps but skateboarding's a small industry and there's only one Thrasher.

And to be honest the only people who think working in the skateboarding industry is ideal are people who have never worked in it. A lot of people get pigeonholed in the industry because that's all they know. If you're a pro from your late teens until your early 30s you've missed out on the window  where career development happens for most people.

This is so true. It's an industry where most people put a lot of talent and energy into stuff with very little reward.

If this actually is Ty, whats the relationship like with you and everyone at crail nowadays? Both owners & riders??

Super Studio

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2013, 12:13:22 PM »
@ Jorge hold on, Thrasher is destroying online content? How my threads on here are about a Thrasher article? Despite some inconsistencies in the MJ article I'd say Chrome Ball is destroying it.

I'll give Thrasher their due for surviving in print but they're the outlier. Digital media is the new norm.  

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
that you Ty??? ;)
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm a full time sommelier and I have a very healthy life outside of the skate bubble. This is on top of just opening a nonprofit indoor skatepark and managing a skate shop so don't fucking lecture me.
I would never want to be Phelps, I'm too open minded to pull it off even if I wanted too. That being said he is an awesome dude (if you've ever met him) and a fucking idiot (if you've every met him). Pretty much standard for humans, he's just more extreme. And it's nice having him around to call out bullshit. All he cares about is skateboarding you can't hate on that.
I was serious about good luck, I'm glad you are moving on to other ventures. I don't wish ill fate on anyone. Skating is making a move away from the polished 1080 clean super produced stuff and I'm all for it. That stuff has its place, you are good at it, go make some money.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2013, 12:20:35 PM »
@ Jorge hold on, Thrasher is destroying online content? How my threads on here are about a Thrasher article? Despite some inconsistencies in the MJ article I'd say Chrome Ball is destroying it.

I'll give Thrasher their due for surviving in print but they're the outlier. Digital media is the new norm.  

I think he means they are dominating the online game, content wise. I'll agree.

Super Studio

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
I'm a full time sommelier and I have a very healthy life outside of the skate bubble. This is on top of just opening a nonprofit indoor skatepark and managing a skate shop so don't fucking lecture me.

If you've got a job you enjoy and make enough for the lifestyle you want I'd say you're killing it. That's the measure of a good career, not a lifetime of devotion to an industry targeting 12 to 24 year olds.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you've got a job you enjoy and make enough for the lifestyle you want I'd say you're killing it. That's the measure of a good career, not a lifetime of devotion to an industry targeting 12 to 24 year olds.

Amen. But if I'm not trying to bag on those who live and survive in the skate industry who are doing just that. Lot's of people are in the industry and they are enjoying life. Phelps aint the only dude.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
I met Phelps a few times. He demanded I give him cigarettes. I looked at his feet and saw he was wearing the Emerica MJs. I said 'nice kicks'. He said 'yeah they are, look, my NAME in on the tongue! You see that?? Thats fucking cool!'

He later on was egging on these super young black kids at Potrero to fight. I guess they were all locals, maybe it was cool, whatever. Seeing a 50 yearold man encouraging 10 yearolds to fight in any situation is pretty whack IMO.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »
Do you think you'll ever try a brand of your own again?

I definitely will. That's a yes. 

off the nose... OFF THE NOOoOooOoOOooOSSSE.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
Although Ty is a serious dick for asking for the part to be deleted, defending Jake Phelps is pure nonsense.

And Ty, if you are still lurking.  Can you explained wtf happened with Dev Calloway?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:33:47 PM by Lenny the Fatface »