Author Topic: MJ Chrome Ball interview  (Read 41084 times)

mattofallmatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
Re: MJ Chrome Ball interview
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »
Although Ty is a serious dick for asking for the part to be deleted, defending Jake Phelps is pure nonsense.

Jake doesn't need defending. He doesn't care.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
Phelps may be annoying, but he's been here for skating forever.  Thrasher is better than its been in a long time (seriously, go look at Transworld, its sad) and their web content is blowing everyone else away (the berrics?  TWS?  Please).  Phelps has something to do with that.  His heart is obviously in skating, he's not just a corporation coming into it.  To me this trumps his irritating behavior and horrible skate rock music.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
Phelps may be annoying, but he's been here for skating forever.  Thrasher is better than its been in a long time (seriously, go look at Transworld, its sad) and their web content is blowing everyone else away (the berrics?  TWS?  Please).  Phelps has something to do with that.  His heart is obviously in skating, he's not just a corporation coming into it.  To me this trumps his irritating behavior and horrible skate rock music.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »
Shit I didn't know so many people in the industry actually care about the slap forums

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
skateboarding needs all types. Its better that way.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
Carroll say he has the missing MJ part.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/3k31.png

zipzopzoobtybop.

• Rep: -1
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »

Who's picture is this comment on? I wanna read all the comments.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Who's picture is this comment on? I wanna read all the comments.

No idea.  A friend of mine screen captured it.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 49
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »
Sometimes life ends up better when your career life ventures outside of skateboarding. Being paid well to travel, film, and edit is a good gig regardless of what you're filming.

Say what you want about Phelps but you would never hear him say "editing a magazine is good regardless of if its a skate mag or not."  He's down for skating and that's it.  Not that I don't hear where Ty's coming from, and if he's happier doing other shit than good for him.  But don't get down on Phelps for not "progressing" out of skateboarding.

-Oh shit, my first slap post.  I'm too old to be doing this.  Oh well.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »

thank you skate gods for this one

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »
The part still exists! somebody canna cross it!
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Stoked. Just saw this on Chromeball's instagram.

Super Studio

• Rep: 0
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »

That part has a lot more mystique unseen. People will be underwhelmed, the best clips are in his FF part.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »
I met Phelps a few times. He demanded I give him cigarettes. I looked at his feet and saw he was wearing the Emerica MJs. I said 'nice kicks'. He said 'yeah they are, look, my NAME in on the tongue! You see that?? Thats fucking cool!'

He later on was egging on these super young black kids at Potrero to fight. I guess they were all locals, maybe it was cool, whatever. Seeing a 50 yearold man encouraging 10 yearolds to fight in any situation is pretty whack IMO.
I've only been to Potrero a few times, but I love those kids. They don't give a fuck about shit and they rip. They know Phelps was just talking shit.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »
Dude is one of my favorites, his PS part was the main one I was looking forward to. If/when he decides to do his own thing I'll be first in line for a board. I wonder who all he'd try to put on his team?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2013, 05:31:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That part has a lot more mystique unseen. People will be underwhelmed, the best clips are in his FF part.

You're still a dick Ty.

shitsandwich

« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah maybe. But how does someone have right to make another person delete a video part worth of footage? Fuck you

Super Studio

« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
Nobody made anyone delete anything--Mike just said he's got a copy of the footage he forgotten about. He forgot about it because it wasn't that big a deal.

The time leading up to FF was a blur for everyone involved. It'd be silly to take any one's word as gospel.

shitsandwich

« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
So what MJ was saying isn't true?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why don't you explain what exactly happened from your side.  you are not denying anything.  because of this everyone will forever think of you as a shithead.  

were people underwhelmed with the "lost" clips of the OGs that were not good enough for PS?   no.  peep those viewcounts.  i honestly believe you are slightly delusional.
where is home?

Super Studio

« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
@shitsandwich: not calling anyone a liar--just different perspectives clouded by a lot shit going on at the time.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »
@shitsandwich: not calling anyone a liar--just different perspectives clouded by a lot shit going on at the time.

I genuinely enjoyed transmission 7. #1999

shitsandwich

« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »
I could see how that could happen.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »
Why is everyone easing up?

Fuck you Ty. You can say whatever the hell you want to justify your history of creating stress for skaters, but to me its all bullshit.

How the fuck do you not understand that skateboarding should never, ever, EVER be stressful for the people involved?

I blame a lot the current state of the industry on what you did in Fully Flared. Creating pressure and some grand expectations you felt the skaters should live up to. I understand companies/filmers want to push skateboarding and their own limits, but you just come off as a bully.

I've read a million fucking interviews with Pros and almost all of them agree that skating and video parts were best when things just happened naturally. Pro filmers weren't involved, there were no "trick lists", no hype surrounding videos, and friends were filming shit as it happened. Every fucking skater will tell you this.

The thing you will NEVER realize Ty is that most core skaters, the people you should care about, don't give two shits about the quality of footage or tricks. We just want to see our favorite skaters skating. Period.

You can justify changing the video industry for the worse all day, but from all the interviews I've read it seems like you created completely unrealistic expectations for Girl/Chocolate. MJ isn't the only one who said it. BA's recent interview basically spelled that out for us.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »

Fuck you Ty. You can say whatever the hell you want to justify your history of creating stress for skaters, but to me its all bullshit.

How the fuck do you not understand that skateboarding should never, ever, EVER be stressful for the people involved?

I blame a lot the current state of the industry on what you did in Fully Flared. Creating pressure and some grand expectations you felt the skaters should live up to. I understand companies/filmers want to push skateboarding and their own limits, but you just come off as a bully.

I've read a million fucking interviews with Pros and almost all of them agree that skating and video parts were best when things just happened naturally. Pro filmers weren't involved, there were no "trick lists", no hype surrounding videos, and friends were filming shit as it happened. Every fucking skater will tell you this.

The thing you will NEVER realize Ty is that most core skaters, the people you should care about, don't give two shits about the quality of footage or tricks. We just want to see our favorite skaters skating. Period.

You can justify changing the video industry for the worse all day, but from all the interviews I've read it seems like you created completely unrealistic expectations for Girl/Chocolate. MJ isn't the only one who said it. BA's recent interview basically spelled that out for us.

This is possibly one of the most embarrassingly naive and misguided posts I've ever read here.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »

Dudes were stressing over video parts way before Fully Flared came out, remember Dill's intro in Photosynthesis?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »

Holy shit you are regular

MJ fucking rules. If he's mad at Ty, I'm mad at Ty

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Fuck Ty.  never liked him.   he reminds me of the winklevoss guy from the facebook shit

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
shut the fuck up Evans you stupid cunt, you can say there's more to it and we weren't involved, but as far as I'm concerned, if there were a part that the skater himself was psyched on, as well as the owner of his current company at the time and old company too were all psyched on, the. You're an absolute dickhead, fuck you