Author Topic: MJ Chrome Ball interview  (Read 41090 times)

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: MJ Chrome Ball interview
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »
hey ty jus wana say thx for the amazing video pretty sweet, i watched it wit my regular brother, its both of our favs. i bought it on dvd lol i heard some people bought it on both formats, what a bunch of idiots!!!
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2013, 08:12:59 PM »

This is possibly one of the most embarrassingly naive and misguided posts I've ever read here.

Fuck off asshole. Name one thing I said that hasn't been backed up by interviews from skaters themselves?

Okay, obviously Fully Flared wasn't THE video that set up the high pressure/expectations we see now, but it certainly didn't help.

Maybe MJ is overly sensitive, but I guarantee he wasn't the only one to go borderline crazy during FF.

If the skaters wan't to put enormous pressure on themselves and their video part, that's fine.

But it should never come from the filmers.

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2013, 08:22:21 PM »
KOSTON WENT 3000 ON THAT SHIT !!

ERIC KOSTON SHOOTS LASERS OUT OF HIS MOUTH!!!

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
damn thats just raw sk8bording right there

All_But_Forgotten

• Rep: 0
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
I wonder if chops interviewed Blender?.....................................................
Nope and that would haver been the icing on the cake for CBI..But its not happening

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2013, 09:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
I wonder if chops interviewed Blender?.....................................................
[close]
Nope and that would haver been the icing on the cake for CBI..But its not happening
I think that mentioning a long-forgotten video part and having it (hopefully) showing up on the internet would be the proverbial icing. But I'm crossing my fingers for a Jake Johnson interview.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

All_But_Forgotten

« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
But I'm crossing my fingers for a Jake Johnson interview.
Theres plenty of those and more to come in the future. A current Blender interview, that would be the best thing to happen to skateboarding since the urethane wheel was introduced to it.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2013, 09:50:48 PM »
damn those yarys bout those squats

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2013, 10:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Carroll say he has the missing MJ part.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/3k31.png
[close]

That part has a lot more mystique unseen. People will be underwhelmed, the best clips are in his FF part.

The worst thing about this isn't that you pulled such a dick move, the worst thing is that you put yourself and your 'vision' ahead of the talent actually doing the work. That you grudgingly cherry-picked the best parts makes it worse.

It's not easy putting films together, and shit gets heated. But you gotta realise that without the skaters, you have no video. Your attitude towards it all kind of shows that your work is about you, not the skating. That's sad, and it will hurt your career in the long run.

In short - you need skaters, they don't need you.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

doublesteveburger

« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That part has a lot more mystique unseen. People will be underwhelmed, the best clips are in his FF part.
[close]

The worst thing about this isn't that you pulled such a dick move, the worst thing is that you put yourself and your 'vision' ahead of the talent actually doing the work. That you grudgingly cherry-picked the best parts makes it worse.

It's not easy putting films together, and shit gets heated. But you gotta realise that without the skaters, you have no video. Your attitude towards it all kind of shows that your work is about you, not the skating. That's sad, and it will hurt your career in the long run.

preach

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »
Honestly we all don't really know the whole story, Ty isn't telling us everything. There is probably more to it than we know and he doesn't want to bad mouth anyone, which would be smart. MJ said that around that time he was drinking a lot so maybe some shit is distorted but who knows

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:09 AM »
MJ said on Instagram that he's going to release the part on YouTube. ;D

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2013, 06:11:28 AM »
MJ said on Instagram that he's going to release the part on YouTube. ;D

DO IT MJ!!! I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS!!! DO IT!!!

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2013, 06:25:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ok, thats just wrong, if people really didnt need editors everyone wouldve loved extremely sorry. You need both for something good to happen. Theres nothing wrong with having a "vision" for what a video should look like because all the best videos usually have a solid concept but its another thing to not follow through with your vision and not make all that misery worth it for everybody involved.

Super Studio

« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2013, 07:12:31 AM »
The act of skateboarding for fun doesn't require filmers or editors but pros who want to make a living sure do. Companies to want to generate revenue so they can pay their pros sure do. When you look at the industry as a whole who is more in demand editors or pro skaters?

And everyone who was upset about that part that was forced into deletion, how deleted really was it?

@QUIT SINNIN there's tons of pressure put on pros to perform from TMs, owners, filmers but honestly most of it is internal. Some dudes react like MJ and some react like Pops. High expectations can produce some really monumental stuff. Look at Ternasky (rip).

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2013, 07:32:53 AM »
which tricks were used in Fully Flared?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
And everyone who was upset about that part that was forced into deletion, how deleted really was it?

so if this was marcs part, and he has thought all this time that it was deleted, why didnt anyone bother to tell him? obviously it was something he was really bummed about so just fess up and apologize for even suggesting that someone delete footage that wasnt yours in the first place and thank the lucky stars that carrol had saved it.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »

@QUIT SINNIN there's tons of pressure put on pros to perform from TMs, owners, filmers but honestly most of it is internal. Some dudes react like MJ and some react like Pops. High expectations can produce some really monumental stuff. Look at Ternasky (rip).

I agree with that completely but you shouldn't feel like your spot on the team/place in skateboarding is on on the line if you don't perform, which over the years and interviews I've read about FF it comes off that way.

Super Studio

« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2013, 07:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree with that completely but you shouldn't feel like your spot on the team/place in skateboarding is on on the line if you don't perform, which over the years and interviews I've read about FF it comes off that way.
Yeah 'cause dudes are getting kicked off left and right from Girl/Choc for not producing.

alka-seltzer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2013, 08:00:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah 'cause dudes are getting kicked off left and right from Girl/Choc for not producing.

so what exactly happened with that nigga from bakersfield then? injuries?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:02:58 AM by alka-seltzer »
Dill discovered the fountain of puberty.

Captain Krooks

« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2013, 08:03:28 AM »

Super Studio

« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
You'll just have to wait for Devine to do an interview. I'm not going to air someone else's laundry.

alka-seltzer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2013, 08:27:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You'll just have to wait for Devine to do an interview. I'm not going to air someone else's laundry.

can you at least say how much footy he had built up before it all went downhill?
Dill discovered the fountain of puberty.

Super Studio

« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »
I don't remember really but even talking about that wouldn't be cool. If it was a lot people would be fuck you for not using it, if it was a little people would speculate he was hurt, lazy, on drugs, whatever. Speculation fuels Slap. Just wait for an interview.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:52 AM »
Mike Carroll is the shit.  Chops is going out legendary.  EDIT: Hopefully a new MJ part forthcoming?

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/07/this-just-in.html

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:20:11 AM by few123456789 »

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »
Reading that interview, I wonder how pissed off everybody was during "Unbeleafable"

Anyways,

zipzopzoobtybop.

• Rep: -1
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
On Devine's Instagram in the comments of some of his pictures he talks about having injuries and that his family was going through somethings while filming for Pretty Sweet.

D. Bag

« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »
Shit I didn't know so many people in the industry actually care about the slap forums

Of course they do!  I think we'd all be surprised by how many "important" people cone here to read the gibberish we post, it's a great way to get the straight dope on general attitudes about shit in the industry from the perspectives of those who support it.

If the bigwigs aren't doing it themselves, they're having someone else check shit out here who reports their findings back later on.  It's all market research, happens in every industry.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2013, 12:05:36 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=71381.msg1949142#msg1949142 date=1373223396
Expand Quote
Shit I didn't know so many people in the industry actually care about the slap forums
[close]

Of course they do!  I think we'd all be surprised by how many "important" people cone here to read the gibberish we post, it's a great way to get the straight dope on general attitudes about shit in the industry from the perspectives of those who support it.

If the bigwigs aren't doing it themselves, they're having someone else check shit out here who reports their findings back later on.  It's all market research, happens in every industry.
yeah i would guess in the big days of the slap forum and the skateboard rumors website employees of companies were told to not post anything important on here and that they would be in some shit if they did. In the Mike Sinclair thread he talks about lurking the site checking stuff out.

JoeyStacks

• Rep: -4
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2013, 12:14:17 PM »
since bigwigs read this shit they should realize that the fun aspect of skateboarding (tiltmode, chomp on this) will generate just as much sales as the jock contest scene... there is 2 sides to this shit the fun side and the contest/money side and the longboard shit is dominating the fun side... Skateboarding needs more fun at a pro level