Author Topic: MJ Chrome Ball interview  (Read 41083 times)

Commercial D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: MJ Chrome Ball interview
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
people need to stop posting quotes from that website.  it's complete bullshit.  at best it might aggregate random tidbits of info it gathers from the web; not an exact science by any means

No one said it was. Whatever. The point is, by any measure, they're both loaded out the ass.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »

Just fucking stop.  If you believe that shit is even close to accurate OR a lowball, I have something else off the internet for you to believe in.

How would you know? Your paycheck-to-paycheck ass clearly can't wrap your head around what it's like to own a business and be wealthy. There are thousands upon thousands of multi-multi millionaires in America, and if you believe the owners of some of the global skateboard industry's biggest brands (one of whom is a successful Hollywood filmmaker) aren't among them, then you're mentally deficient. Please exit the discussion.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:09:58 PM by Commercial D »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:40 PM »
i think all those raw fruits are fucking with your mental function. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Marty Mcfly

• Rep: 40
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »
Ok so I'm not saying Rickoo Pro skater, multi-brand owner is way off on 45 million net worth estimate, Its just that Spike should be bigger on that estimate.
And I just read that They did not include Spike Jonze as a multi skateboard brand owner. That's how they miss that estimate.
Roger that...

Pro Baby Yeah!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »
Commercial D , you are the reason Al-Qaeda hates America ,

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2013, 10:39:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just fucking stop.� If you believe that shit is even close to accurate OR a lowball, I have something else off the internet for you to believe in.

[close]

How would you know? Your paycheck-to-paycheck ass clearly can't wrap your head around what it's like to own a business and be wealthy. There are thousands upon thousands of multi-multi millionaires in America, and if you believe the owners of some of the skateboard industry's biggest brands (one of whom is a successful Hollywood filmmaker) aren't among them, then you're mentally deficient. Please exit the discussion.
[close]

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how YOU know what it's like to own a business or be wealthy.� You know as well as I do that know one gives a fuck about your "apparel inspired by life in DTLA & central cities everywhere" or your raw fruit diet.� We only care about this awesome video you posted of yourself:�

Skateboarder SLAMS! FUNNY- DTF.LA

Zzzzz... and this quickly degenerated in to ad hominem irrelevancy. Douchebag. I suppose you think because Rick Howard can still switch tre he's just "one of us" and you don't like to think of him as that guy with a portfolio worth gazillions, but I assure you, he's that guy. Or would you care to correct me (and celebritynetworth.com) by chiming in with your own estimation of his net worth?

As it happens, I've rubbed shoulders with literally hundreds of millionaires, even a few billionaires, during a career about which you know absolutely zero (and presume far too much), and when you have a successful business of any type, it doesn't take much to put your net worth above the million mark. And after you've made your first million, the second one's much easier. Play your cards right (as Rickoo clearly has), moving millions of units over the years in dozens of countries around the world, and it's actually not that big a deal to achieve a net worth in the $50m range.

Now since you've made something of a second career out of a Slap Pal and it's clearly skewing your sense of reality to the point where you've become obstinately opinionated about matters of which you have seemingly little comprehension, I'll encourage the thread to return to the topic by leaving you with this tidbit of advice:

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just fucking stop.� If you believe that shit is even close to accurate OR a lowball, I have something else off the internet for you to believe in.

[close]

How would you know? Your paycheck-to-paycheck ass clearly can't wrap your head around what it's like to own a business and be wealthy. There are thousands upon thousands of multi-multi millionaires in America, and if you believe the owners of some of the skateboard industry's biggest brands (one of whom is a successful Hollywood filmmaker) aren't among them, then you're mentally deficient. Please exit the discussion.
[close]

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how YOU know what it's like to own a business or be wealthy.� You know as well as I do that know one gives a fuck about your "apparel inspired by life in DTLA & central cities everywhere" or your raw fruit diet.� We only care about this awesome video you posted of yourself:�

[close]

Zzzzz... and this quickly degenerated in to ad hominem irrelevancy. Douchebag. I suppose you think because Rick Howard can still switch tre he's just "one of us" and you don't like to think of him as that guy with a portfolio worth gazillions, but I assure you, he's that guy. Or would you care to correct me (and celebritynetworth.com) by chiming in with your own estimation of his net worth?

As it happens, I've rubbed shoulders with literally hundreds of millionaires, even a few billionaires, during a career about which you know absolutely zero (and presume far too much), and when you have a successful business of any type, it doesn't take much to put your net worth above the million mark. And after you've made your first million, the second one's much easier. Play your cards right (as Rickoo clearly has), moving millions of units over the years in dozens of countries around the world, and it's actually not that big a deal to achieve a net worth in the $50m range.

Now since you've made something of a second career out of a Slap Pal and it's clearly skewing your sense of reality to the point where you've become obstinately opinionated about matters of which you have seemingly little comprehension, I'll encourage the thread to return to the topic by leaving you with this tidbit of advice:

i am pretty sure that you didnt only rub their shoulders.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »
wow that may be the worst single post ive ever read
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

dillanharp

« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2013, 10:59:50 PM »
can we get back to what has become the core of this grand wedsite for me, and that is that nobody knows shit? Honestly now, give it up.

I thought a chode was a dick that was wider than it was long?

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »
Chud ^

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2013, 11:03:02 PM »
This place is definitely Duffel level.

Ty sorry, Pretty Sweet was dull and Fully Flared too.

May be all the filming pressure results in videos that aren't much fun to watch either.

Hope their next filmer gets the spark back.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
I don't think I presume too much.  I only presumed you're a chode.  Is that too much?  What's less than an inch of skin between the balls and the asshole?  Half an inch?  Ok, you can be half a chode.

Isn't that the taint?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Will Easley

« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »
you guyz are so stupid! quit hatin on Milllion Dollar Dalla$.

Big D rubs dicks with billionaires. y'all don't know 'bout dat lyfe.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
can we get back to what has become the core of this grand wedsite for me, and that is that nobody knows shit? Honestly now, give it up.

I thought a chode was a dick that was wider than it was long?
[close]

After this and 360 frip's comment, I went to look on Urban Dictionary.  I always thought that taint and chode were synonymous, but I'd never heard of the wider than long penis definition.  It turns out WE ALL WIN, it's just that Nallid gets to be first.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chode%201
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chode%202

I always thought a chode was a small nob.

So, a chode can be a taint too.

That could lead to confusion. "I said suck my chode, not my taint."

Also is being called a taint (chode definition 2) an insult?

Greg Road

« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2013, 11:52:33 PM »
The Choda.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Holy shit. File this under "Hardest I've Laughed in a Month"

Fake Tits

« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »
This thread is going full person. 

I like it.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2013, 01:24:17 AM »
I feel like Ty has been straight up with everyone here. He admits freely that he's not us. We are motivated by our love of skating - nothing else.

Ty's not solely motivated by that. He's interested in making films. He's focused on his career. He's trying to find a way to stay creatively engaged and make a living. He made some pretty fucking good skate vids along the way, and as it turns out, MJ's footy wasn't deleted after all, so...

"Thanks for the vids & good luck bro," seems like a more appropriate response than "fuck Ty," but maybe I'm just missing something.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2013, 02:26:20 AM »
every thread commercial D posts in is gold. does this make him the best poster? yes.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2013, 03:08:20 AM »
This thread is going full person. 

I like it.

I do too lol not sold on it being ty quite yet but who knows/cares at this point..

Hatechild

« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »
Some of yall are accepting this is actually Ty pretty uncharacteristically quickly

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
I feel like Ty has been straight up with everyone here. He admits freely that he's not us. We are motivated by our love of skating - nothing else.

Ty's not solely motivated by that. He's interested in making films. He's focused on his career. He's trying to find a way to stay creatively engaged and make a living. He made some pretty fucking good skate vids along the way, and as it turns out, MJ's footy wasn't deleted after all, so...

"Thanks for the vids & good luck bro," seems like a more appropriate response than "fuck Ty," but maybe I'm just missing something.

Pretty much spot on.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »

Agreed.

Right after I read the interview I had a feeling that the MJ/TY delete story wasn't accurate. Half the interview MJ seems to be mentioning he was out of mind on booze during FF. How could Ty have the pull to make other filmers delete their footage and why would Carroll and Howard even let any of this happen under their roof? I think some of you are giving MJ a little to much credit since he is one of the best to ever step foot on a skateboard.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
This place is definitely Duffel level.

Ty sorry, Pretty Sweet was dull and Fully Flared too.

May be all the filming pressure results in videos that aren't much fun to watch either.

Hope their next filmer gets the spark back.

I can agree on Pretty Sweet to a degree but regardless of the reasons why people hate Fully Flared, I still think it is one of the best videos of our time and I doubt it could have been that way unless Ty pushed all those guys to do it. Probably something that won't be appreciated till all those guys are well at the end of their careers.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »
Yeah pretending that Fully Flared wasn't amazing is so 2009.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@QUIT SINNIN there's tons of pressure put on pros to perform from TMs, owners, filmers but honestly most of it is internal. Some dudes react like MJ and some react like Pops. High expectations can produce some really monumental stuff. Look at Ternasky (rip).
[close]

I agree with that completely but you shouldn't feel like your spot on the team/place in skateboarding is on on the line if you don't perform, which over the years and interviews I've read about FF it comes off that way.
[close]
Yeah 'cause dudes are getting kicked off left and right from Girl/Choc for not producing.

Ahahahaha fucking gold.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:52 AM »

Ahahahaha fucking gold.

You're a fucking person if you honestly haven't taken into consideration the implications of a production on the level of Fully Flared and the mentality of some of the skaters involved. Have you not read/watched any interviews about the fucking video?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:15:49 AM by QUIT SINNIN »

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2013, 12:19:18 AM »
hahahaha You have no idea who you are talking to.