Author Topic: MJ Chrome Ball interview  (Read 41091 times)

QUIT SINNIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
Re: MJ Chrome Ball interview
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2013, 12:26:46 AM »
hahahaha You have no idea who you are talking to.

someone who's life is as worthless as mine to be posting on a fucking message board at midnight

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »
Expand Quote
hahahaha You have no idea who you are talking to.
[close]

someone who's life is as worthless as mine to be posting on a fucking message board at midnight

hahahahahaha

Happy Gilmore - Pieces of Shit for Breakfast

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2013, 01:08:53 AM »
gold jacket green jacket who gives a shit

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
What? I didn't 'break' it, I was just testing its durability, and then I 'placed' it in the woods because it's made of wood and I just thought he should be with his family.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »
all drama aside.........can we get to see the footy now? please pretty (sweet) please?

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2013, 01:17:26 AM »
gee, you know what would be great? if i could get a pepsi. oh, and uh miss...diet?

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2013, 02:07:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel like Ty has been straight up with everyone here. He admits freely that he's not us. We are motivated by our love of skating - nothing else.

Ty's not solely motivated by that. He's interested in making films. He's focused on his career. He's trying to find a way to stay creatively engaged and make a living. He made some pretty fucking good skate vids along the way, and as it turns out, MJ's footy wasn't deleted after all, so...

"Thanks for the vids & good luck bro," seems like a more appropriate response than "fuck Ty," but maybe I'm just missing something.
[close]
Agreed.

Right after I read the interview I had a feeling that the MJ/TY delete story wasn't accurate. Half the interview MJ seems to be mentioning he was out of mind on booze during FF. How could Ty have the pull to make other filmers delete their footage and why would Carroll and Howard even let any of this happen under their roof? I think some of you are giving MJ a little to much credit since he is one of the best to ever step foot on a skateboard.

Yeah it seems like people on here automatically take his perspective as the truth just because they love him on the board.  Since he says that he was drinking a majority of the time he was filming, it definitely is a huge possibility that he has some shit distorted. 

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »
the way i see it is Marc Johnson filmed a part and wished for it to be in the enjoi dudes vid. Rick Howard was psyched on the idea, and then without consultation, Ty Evans had it pulled. Now if that is all true, theres not much you can say that will change my opinion regarding Ty Evans being a sack of shit.

Super Studio

• Rep: 0
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2013, 06:22:32 AM »
First it was deleted now it was pulled... Save your judgement for when you actually see the part.

And to say Rick or anyone at Girl was psyched on MJ putting out a part for another board company at the same time as his FF part is a bit of a leap. FF was a huge investment of time, creativity, and resources--everyone wanted it to shine as much as possible.

Super Studio

« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2013, 06:26:37 AM »
But the real question is where's that Commercial D guy? Jump back in here with some more internet stats and update us on your business ventures!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58:41 AM »
Ty is calling out Commercial D.

Its like Dave Mayhew making fun of Scott Pazelt.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:54 AM »

No faster way to gain cred on Slap
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »

Mattynooo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »
Whether or not the part is groundbreaking, it should have been released in some capacity if that is what MJ intended and Rickk was okay with it.  Even if the part is not on par with his FF part I'm sure it would have been a joy to watch.  He has one of my favorite styles in skateboarding and even a mediocre part from him would be more coveted to me than a full fledged part from other top tier pros.  If anything, that would leave me wanting more which would have been delivered by FF.

Also, I feel as if credence should be given to the skateboarder in the production of video parts.  So if he made the tricks, he should be able to dictate how they are used as after all the video part should be a reflection of the skater themselves, not the filmer (although I understand that it is a filmer's job to have input into the direction of the whole project).  Weren't there rumors of MJ having 23 minutes of footage to choose from???

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »
yea seriously, where's that footage? he must have 10 more mins of footage if that numbers true. he only released a couple mins of bonus footage from fully flared. I'd watch a half hour mj b sides
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »
super studio is a cop

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

Fake Tits

« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2013, 10:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Care to 'splain' this reference? 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2013, 01:21:36 PM »
they mackin on cheese but all i see is cheese mac

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

one was my hero ("the storm" times...) before i actually saw his pro shoe and got my 2nd skatevideo (compared to ty who made some of my favourite skatevideos including fully flared and then kooked it out totally), the other one was a guy i never took seriously. maybe its more of a personal reference. i somehow feel bad comparing scott and commercialD though.

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #230 on: July 09, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »
Quote from: commerical D
36 still got tricks!

lol

JefCostello

« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
Incomplete Ty Evans Crimes Against Humanity list:

1. Trying to make MJ delete a part. (How "good" Ty thinks the part is remains irrelevant. It's a fucking MJ part. Also, that it survived was clearly a
fluke so he deserves the shit he's getting for this.)
2. Leaving that Gino Seaport line on the cutting room floor.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »
say what you will about Ty but he helped shape the past 10+ years of skate videos and created some of the most iconic videos around. the fully flared/pretty sweet hate is all about personal taste but generally speaking this is the direction their videos have had for a while and it worked great for the companies. times are changing and people have to adapt whether or not we personally like every decision.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

one was my hero ("the storm" times...) before i actually saw his pro shoe and got my 2nd skatevideo (compared to ty who made some of my favourite skatevideos including fully flared and then kooked it out totally), the other one was a guy i never took seriously. maybe its more of a personal reference. i somehow feel bad comparing scott and commercialD though.
That's fair.  I had to refresh my memory on who he was.  You can find him on a scooter here:
Scott Pazelt 411 #38
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
First it was deleted now it was pulled... Save your judgement for when you actually see the part.

And to say Rick or anyone at Girl was psyched on MJ putting out a part for another board company at the same time as his FF part is a bit of a leap. FF was a huge investment of time, creativity, and resources--everyone wanted it to shine as much as possible.

you keep nit-picking at my posts as though it will make you seem better, you did not let an MJ part get put in a video against his will, therefore you're a douchebag. the fact you're too stubborn to admit it was a dick-move just strengthens you're douchebag-ness. I'm definately buying MJ's full story over yours anyway. MJ does not have a history of leaving shit out, whereas if you watch that abortion of a music video you call "pretty sweet", you left out a fuckload lolololol.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »

1. Trying to make MJ delete a part. (How "good" Ty thinks the part is remains irrelevant. It's a fucking MJ part. Also, that it survived was clearly a

3. Cutting the full parts of the OGs from PS.

4. His evolution from raw skate vids to Hollywood fluff.

Regardless, he made some of the best skate videos of the last decade or so. (Pre Fully Flared)

JoeyStacks

• Rep: -4
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2013, 07:49:34 PM »
In the future when people go to watch FF/PS they are going to remember the skating.  Ty will be forgotten and the pros of the day will live on.  He will never be the star of the show... Even if he tries to rule the production like a dictator

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

3. Cutting the full parts of the OGs from PS.

4. His evolution from raw skate vids to Hollywood fluff.

Regardless, he made some of the best skate videos of the last decade or so. (Pre Fully Flared)
Maybe not as severe as what's listed above, but I also really hated how Alvarez's part was edited, kinda ruined what could have been an incredible part from an incredible skater..

Fake Tits

« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
Same!

I was hanging to see Vinces part the most.

Super bummed.

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »
Ty will not be forgotten easily, but he will be remembered with something to his name. Pretty Sweet may not be appreciated here, but there are a ton of other non-forum-lurking skateboarders who really dig it.
He did create some of the greatest videos in Skateboarding, watch Modus Operandi and those who remember it, remember it.

But the angry internet dude side of me is fucking pissed off at the fact that the stopped a Marc Johnson "fun part" from ever being seen. Ty, I'm sure that the level that MJ was skating at in the lost part is nowhere near what is in Fully Flared or Pretty Sweet, but we dont give a double flying fuck about that. You see, we, as skateboarders and fans of skateboarding videos, don't get to constantly hang out with the best of best of the industry on a daily basis. We dont get to film them doing the craziest trick taking 7+ hours to land. For you, thats probably what you think we'll enjoy. But we want to see a humble side to MJ's skateboarding also, and thats the part that you dont seem to understand. Even if its badly filmed or the tricks are only curbstalls or parking block grinds, dork tricks and dumb stuff, we'd love to see it.

If some clips were used - cool. But at the end of the day, there are those of us who would really appreciate viewing the content in its original edit.

Anyways,