Author Topic: Brooklyn Banks  (Read 592 times)

J.R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Brooklyn Banks
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
I don't want to sound unappreciative with Steve Rodriguez attempting to bring them back in times past, but I really wish that they didn't get fucked with. The small banks and the ledges were the funnest thing to skate, and a lot of these skate plazas that are popping up in the city are cool but they don't do us justice compared to what we once had. I wish that instead of making some shit that fulfills the quota of "stock obstacles" in skateparks, they just re-create the Brooklyn Banks as they originally were. Does anyone else share the same sentiment?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
Re: Brooklyn Banks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »
Have you heard something new or seen any plans? The construction is supposed to wrap up sometime in 2014.

I don't think Steve Rodriguez will do anything but make it better...he's supposed to be a consultant on what they put in.

I'd like to think he shares the same sentiment you're talking about in your post.

This place has been out of comission for a long time though - and skateboarding has changed and gotten ALOT more popular since the place ceased back in May of 2010. Once it opens back up, like anything else, you'll just have to wait until the hype dies out...or go super early, old guy style.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
Re: Brooklyn Banks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
I don't want them to make a skatepark and re-create the banks, I want them to finish with the bridge, reopen the actual banks to us and unfix the small banks.