Author Topic: Any suggestions around Livorno / Cinque Terre (Italy..)  (Read 1369 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Any suggestions around Livorno / Cinque Terre (Italy..)
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »
Hey everyone.

i am trying to plan a trip to this greater area, havent really decided yet but i would love to stay in cinque terre or somewhere near. anyone got any suggestions / experiences / better ideas (i am going by car from southern austria, if that helps)?

would be much appreciated.

tobbe

• Rep: 2
Re: Any suggestions around Livorno / Cinque Terre (Italy..)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
I was in that general area a couple of years ago shooting a documentary about wine.
Nobody speaks english and its kinda expensive. But damn, the food is amazing! I would return for the food alone.
Just to give an example: One of the first nights we were at a restaurant and the owner wanted us to try a local delicacy called "lardo"
Its basically just fat and nobody wanted to try it, so just to prove I wasn't a pussy i tried and holy shit, it was amazing!
And I'm not event a big meat lover.
Cant really remember anything from Livorno exept that I was there. I lived in a small village named Gavorrano a couple hours away, one of the coolest places I ever seen. Located on the top of a mountain with narrow winding streets and ivy everywhere.
I strongly recommend you to go to some wine-tasting things, its awesome. You walk around half buzzed while some passionate guy talks about different grapes and barrels and whatnot. I love listening to people that are super into what they are doing, I can listen to stuff like that all day.

I can't remember the name of any restaurants or wineries right now, but I can try to dig some if you are interested.

Shit, now I want to go back :)

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:27:12 AM »
Hey everyone.

i am trying to plan a trip to this greater area, havent really decided yet but i would love to stay in cinque terre or somewhere near. anyone got any suggestions / experiences / better ideas (i am going by car from southern austria, if that helps)?

would be much appreciated.

Booom what a nice area you chose!
Cinque Terre is awesome, but I can't give you good advices about where to eat, and there aren't skateparks around there if I remember right..anyways is a super sick place and unique! Have fun walking in paths and looking around all the colorful little villages.
On the other hand I know the Livorno/Pisa area well. First of all Pisa beast Livorno any time, even though livorno is an alright sea city.
I don't know what you want to do but skatewise Livorno has a nice indoor skatepark in an old and now 'occupied' barrack, good vibes there!
http://www.69ramps.com/images/caserma%203.jpg
super fun..
Pisa has a really nice bowl
http://bladermagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/untitled_panorama1.jpg

In Pisa go eat here! Me and my friends spend more than 20 euros each in panini and focaccia every time we go there..super good stuff I swear
http://www.pizzeriailmontino.com/dove-siamo

Pisa is a little cool city because it has that gnarly historical background pretty much all Italy good cities have but it do not get as chaotic as Florence for example (I love Florence too just saying)
Lucca is sick too but no good parks there

If you have a car go explore some hills for nice views/sunsets and bomb vine
going down from 5 terre you can hit this gem too in Pietrasanta.. all made with their autochton marble
http://www.partart.net/files/2012/10/SkatePlaza-Pietrasanta.jpg

Beaches wise..
I'd say 5 Terre has the nicest beach in the area you want to see..really unique places, Moneglia is also a good place around there

Im forgotting tons of stuff for sure but this still gives you a good idea I guess!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:30:33 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
thank you so much, mark! one of the things where i wasnt sure was if there are beaches in the 5terre area, since its kinda hard to find information, but as far as i know that wont be a problem.

i am travelling with my girlfriend though, so i guess i wont be having too much time to skate. which is a shame, those spots look great.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:46:11 AM »
thank you so much, mark! one of the things where i wasnt sure was if there are beaches in the 5terre area, since its kinda hard to find information, but as far as i know that wont be a problem.

i am travelling with my girlfriend though, so i guess i wont be having too much time to skate. which is a shame, those spots look great.

Yea if you don't manage to bath there just stick with visiting villages and hike on those beautiful paths, then maybe go swim in towns beside that, Sestri Levante's Baia del silenzio is awesome for example..
Haha no problem skatewise, I myself just stick to eating bomb food visiting stuff and chilling the most when I'm down there..great place to go with ladies too..enjoy!
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.