Author Topic: Theeve Trucks Thread  (Read 25405 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Theeve Trucks Thread
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
New Theeves are out!
http://theeve-trucks.myshopify.com/

What is new with the V3 truck from Theeve?
Improved bushing seat to work better with Bones Bushings
Improved yoke to keep Theeve True Turn Geometry
Lower set king pin to help with grinding
Lighter and stronger design

Has the Baseplate changed?
The baseplate has not been changed since we first released Theeve in 2009

Does the V3 go across all styles?
The V3 comes in; CSX, CSXLO, TIAX, TIAXLO, TIKING and TIKINGLO. It is not available in the Ti Hanger. We are developing the V2 Ti Hanger later this year.

What are the benefits of the new truck?
Greater kingpin clearance to make grinds easier
Less weight and structurally more sound
Bones Bushings fit better in the new bushing seat
Theeve True Turn Geometry is still retained.

Are there new sizes?
We have the original sizes; 5.0, 5.25, 5.5, 5.85 and we have now developed the 6.5, which come with all the great attributes of the other trucks, just in a wider version.

How do I know I?m buying a V2 or V3?
Initially some stores will have the V2 as well. The V3 will only come in Raw/Raw for the first 2 months before colored trucks are available. .
All trucks feature a bar code label with a description on the bottom of the baseplate. This will identify the version, size, model, and color.

What is the height difference between the old geometry and the new?
There is no difference in height. We still have great clearance and retain our True Turn Geometry. We are still at 55mm tall at centre of the axle.
All Low trucks are 49.5mm tall at the centre of the axle.

Is there a weight difference?
Yes there is a very small change in weight in each size, which has made each truck a few grams lighter.
To make your trucks even lighter still, try our titanium components such as our Ti Hollow Kingpin and Titanium Deckbolts. The Ti Hollow Kingpin is 55% lighter than a conventional kingpin.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:43:28 AM by Firebert »

Spitfire4life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Theeve Summer '13 catalog (Introducing the V3)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
Looks good! I'm surprised Theeve isn't more popular. I've been riding Theeve's for the past 2-3 years and never had a problem, and I've liked them better than any other truck I've ridden.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »
Looks good! I'm surprised Theeve isn't more popular. I've been riding Theeve's for the past 2-3 years and never had a problem, and I've liked them better than any other truck I've ridden.

I think the main problem is the price.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Easley

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 11:20:55 PM »
I've always wanted to try some. They seem like good trucks and I like that they use shit like bones bushings, titanium-alloy hangers & hollow kingpins. Theorically they'd seem like "the best trucks" just because they use such materials. I'll probably try some out several months from now whenever my thunders blow out.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »
Theeves are the shit! Ive been riding the basic ones, the CSX 5,85, for the last year and something, and they still have a lot of life left in them. And they turn perfect. Only problem was that Bones Bushings didnt really fit in them, so they blew apart in few weeks, but this is fixed in the newer models. Next Im looking for those with titanium axles, maybe next year. But yeah, after years of riding Thunders, I didnt think Ill be able to skate any other truck, Theeves proved me wrong.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »
I rode a set when they first came out and they're really good trucks I must admit. But I just seem to like the feel and turn of Ace better. The fact that they come stock with Bones bushings is great though, because I've been rotating those bushings into my new trucks ever since.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »
I never tried a pair but marketing is probably the main reason why they're not one of the coolest truck brands out right now... fuck on that note, I really hate catalogs showing ''cartoon'' versions of the products, show me the real stuff !

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:15 AM »
Theeves are the shit! Ive been riding the basic ones, the CSX 5,85, for the last year and something, and they still have a lot of life left in them. And they turn perfect. Only problem was that Bones Bushings didnt really fit in them, so they blew apart in few weeks, but this is fixed in the newer models. Next Im looking for those with titanium axles, maybe next year. But yeah, after years of riding Thunders, I didnt think Ill be able to skate any other truck, Theeves proved me wrong.

This was my problem with them, as a result I only use them on my rarely used cruiser. They chewed through 2 sets of bushings in a little over a month on my 'normal' board. Interesting to know it has been fixed though.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 05:37:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was my problem with them, as a result I only use them on my rarely used cruiser. They chewed through 2 sets of bushings in a little over a month on my 'normal' board. Interesting to know it has been fixed though.

Im still using the Top one, that one feels good, but as a bottom I use the Indy aftermarket orange bushing, I think its a medium. These two combined are perfect IMHO. But bones were great too, while they lasted.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 06:11:50 AM »
I already had a set of really broken in hards, so when I got the bushing bulge with the soft, I swapped it out for a hard and never had a problem.
They aren't even more expensive than any other trucks, either (save, the TiH). I got a set of TiAx for $35 on sale and they fucked my indys in their motherfuckin' asses.
That said, I ride ACE on my cruiser for that surfy feel, but I like my trick board to be more stable, and Theeves have get way less wheelbite for being a lower truck due to that yoke.

nigga_please

• Rep: -29
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »
Nigga please looks like a Tracker Trucks... Ugly as fuck....

Spitfire4life

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 10:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the main problem is the price.
I got the TIAX on sale at my local shop for $25 (for the set) and I would've paid the $60 for them. They last forever.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 11:02:26 AM »
Fully agree with these being the best trucks I have ever had. Been skating them for 3 years or so. We sell Indys, Thunder and Theeves in the shop I work in, Indys sell the most but when someone has changed to Theeves I have only had two people come back who didn't like them. Pretty good feedback all in all.

Spitfire4life

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
Fully agree with these being the best trucks I have ever had. Been skating them for 3 years or so. We sell Indys, Thunder and Theeves in the shop I work in, Indys sell the most but when someone has changed to Theeves I have only had two people come back who didn't like them. Pretty good feedback all in all.
A couple of the guys I skate with say they hate Theeve because their bushings broke. But they ride the super tight trucks with the Medium Bones Bushings in there, but won't let me explain to them because they're a bunch of dumbasses.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A couple of the guys I skate with say they hate Theeve because their bushings broke. But they ride the super tight trucks with the Medium Bones Bushings in there, but won't let me explain to them because they're a bunch of dumbasses.
Thing with Theeves is, and this sounds really regular, but they turn really well. Due to the angle of the hanger being a little tilted so you dont get the kingpin over hang like Indys, this gives you a slightly tighter turning circle. They do take a bit of getting used to but a black (hard) bones bushing in the bottom and a yellow (medium) bones bushing in the top stiffens it up a little.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
After reading some of the comments about Theeves on here I went out and bought some to test out.  I must say that it's the best decision I've made.  The turn to me is somewhere between Indy's and Ace.  Ace being too loose for my liking.  I love the fact that the 5.5 axle is 8.25 inches and not 8.0.  Don't other truck companies realize that a lot of people ride 8.25 boards?  Makes sense instead to make a 8.25 truck instead of struggling to deal with trying to ride either a 139's which is too small and 149's which are too big and heavy.

Spitfire4life

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Thing with Theeves is, and this sounds really regular, but they turn really well. Due to the angle of the hanger being a little tilted so you dont get the kingpin over hang like Indys, this gives you a slightly tighter turning circle. They do take a bit of getting used to but a black (hard) bones bushing in the bottom and a yellow (medium) bones bushing in the top stiffens it up a little.
Yeah, I try to explain that they just needed to change their bushings, but they won't listen. They usually just call me a faggot  ???

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
After reading some of the comments about Theeves on here I went out and bought some to test out.  I must say that it's the best decision I've made.  The turn to me is somewhere between Indy's and Ace.  Ace being too loose for my liking.  I love the fact that the 5.5 axle is 8.25 inches and not 8.0.  Don't other truck companies realize that a lot of people ride 8.25 boards?  Makes sense instead to make a 8.25 truck instead of struggling to deal with trying to ride either a 139's which is too small and 149's which are too big and heavy.

Welcome aboard the Theeve train

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I rode 'em average to loose with hards and still had this problem. However this was when they first came out and I am a gentleman of the weightier persuasion.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 08:08:40 PM »
maybe I try some next. maybe.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
The best part of how Theeve's turn IMO is the oval yoke

This helps prevent wheelbite by turning the trucks inward instead of downward but only during super sharp turns. This has kept me on my board during times where I'd normally get wheelbite and fly on my hip.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
are they close to thunder hi's in height?

flapJack

• if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 11:14:42 PM »
are they close to thunder hi's in height?

I never cared for Thunders, they are most like Ace. The Oval is the best part, but i had trouble with the pivot cups blowing out widened the slot. this was on the CSX tho not the TIAX

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »
Did the stop doing the titanium hanger ones?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 01:10:19 AM »
Surprised they are still around. I will stick with ACE, I like loose trucks and from what you guys are saying these don't turn how I like them.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 07:22:48 AM »
I found they are more squirrelly than an Indy, but less than an Ace...

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »

Good for you, hope ya like em. The 5.5 is actually 8.18", it's just advertised as 8.25".

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

I was wondering the same thing since they don't have the TiH in the '13 catalog.  I thought the whole point with Theeves was pushing new technology with the full titanium, "axle-less" hanger.  "Probably gave up on the TiH"?

Spitfire4life

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was wondering the same thing since they don't have the TiH in the '13 catalog.  I thought the whole point with Theeves was pushing new technology with the full titanium, "axle-less" hanger.  "Probably gave up on the TiH"?

They probably did, they were usually $120 - $150 for the pair. I wonder how many people actually bought them.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are also revamping the TiH, but it won't be out 'til fall 13