Author Topic: Theeve Trucks Thread  (Read 25401 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Theeve Trucks Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 10:35:39 AM »
are all theeve truck hangers titanium?

speaking of titanium; the thunder and independent titanium ones - are they just titanium axels or is the actual hanger made from titanium as well ?

theeve hangers are titanium/aluminum alloy, thunder and indy hangers are not.

anyone ride the low theeves? I want to give theeve a go but the height difference between the regular theeves and my 147 hi thunder light scare the shit out of me...
I'm also very anxious to try the lows

JBones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -88
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
anyone ride the low theeves? I want to give theeve a go but the height difference between the regular theeves and my 147 hi thunder light scare the shit out of me...

Theeve Hi's are 51mm high, lower than Indy's(54.5mm) and higher than Thunder Hi(49mm).
Theeve Lo's are 47.5mm, same as Venture low's, but 1.5mm lower than Thunder Hi's.
The choice is your's. If you're going to ride anything larger than a 52mm wheel, just go for the hi's.
You might just like it.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
The height from the Theeve FAQ on their website says different (and can be found in the original post of this thread).

Highs are 55mm tall at centre of the axle.

Lows are 49.5mm tall at the centre of the axle.

JBones

« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »
The height from the Theeve FAQ on their website says different (and can be found in the original post of this thread).

Highs are 55mm tall at centre of the axle.

Lows are 49.5mm tall at the centre of the axle.

Trust me. A ruler don't lie.
Measure the the center of the axle from the table in mm. You'll see.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »
My V3 HIs measured 52.5 mm - no washers

JBones

« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »
Interesting, were they Ti-Ax or CSX?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
they're TiAX that got turned into tiKings (theeve was nice enough to press them in for me and just threw the tiax v3 hanger on there)

JBones

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they're TiAX that got turned into tiKings (theeve was nice enough to press them in for me and just threw the tiax v3 hanger on there)

Well that was awfully nice of them, good for you dude.

Will Easley

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Well that was awfully nice of them, good for you dude.

yeah Theeve's customer service is definitely on point. Sent em an email today about my fucked up baseplate and they're sending me a new one and some stickers. ive been skating some ventures in the meantime and they're cool I guess but i dunno... i feel like I was able to grind better with theeves for whatever reason. either way im stoked to skate my old trucks again! lol they weren't even all that old but still...i got it the fuck in with those things for the couple months I was skating em.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
I don't really know how to explain this, but the pivot cups of my thunders have blown out, there's no rubber left... at all. The trucks are super wobbly turning and even grinding. If I can't find an easy way to replace pivot cups I'll get some theeves, just have a quick question about the lows; whats the kingpin clearance like on the V3's? I prefer a lower truck normally but having your kingpin constantly catch on dipped grinds can suck.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »
I don't really know how to explain this, but the pivot cups of my thunders have blown out, there's no rubber left... at all. The trucks are super wobbly turning and even grinding. If I can't find an easy way to replace pivot cups I'll get some theeves, just have a quick question about the lows; whats the kingpin clearance like on the V3's? I prefer a lower truck normally but having your kingpin constantly catch on dipped grinds can suck.

If you have 20 minutes...

This...

+ This...

Should leave you 18 minutes to spend preparing/enjoying this...

JBones

« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2013, 03:51:18 AM »

Dude, really, come on!
They're simple cheap and most of them are universal in all our standard trucks.
Just pick a hardness and get em!
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=722

Buying new trucks because you need pivot cups in your old trucks is like not being able to get your grandmother into your van because there's a step up, so you go out and by a low car instead of buying a step stool.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:53:19 AM by JBones »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »
the kingpin clearance is normally 5mm+ in the normal theeves, the lows are prob 2mm

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2013, 12:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude, really, come on!

Buying new trucks because you need pivot cups in your old trucks is like not being able to get your grandmother into your van because there's a step up, so you go out and by a low car instead of buying a step stool.

I've never actually tried aftermarket pivot cups, is it a big difference, been thinking bout getting hard khiro pivot cups.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

JBones

« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2013, 02:21:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude, really, come on!

[close]

I've never actually tried aftermarket pivot cups, is it a big difference, been thinking bout getting hard khiro pivot cups.

Yes, get them, they are an improvement above stock pivot cups on most trucks.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
I prefer the soft pivot cups, the hard ones made the turning on my theeves less responsive than I'm used to

JBones

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »
Soft sorta dampens the quickness of a turn, I guess you could say, most Indy type riders like that as they always have them stock.
It's actually harder to find soft readily available after market pivot cups than hard ones these days without having to place an order online.
Just found out that the Indy aftermarket ones are NOT the stock ones, they are the hard type you see everywhere, I found this out when I ordered some from SoCal and got them and was like "wtf are these"?.
They told me that's what NHS sells as the "genuine" replacement part and that they are a better grade pivot cup than the stock ones.
Weird as they are 2 very different things - hard and soft, better or not. Indy's have always had soft stock cups so hard ones will make em turn say, I dunno, less Indy?
Oh well, I'll find this out soon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:05:54 PM by JBones »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2013, 11:04:41 AM »
I think the soft ones I put in my theeves are the ACE stock pivot cups