Author Topic: Theeve Trucks Thread  (Read 25408 times)

fookya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Theeve Summer '13 catalog (Introducing the V3)
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »
roughly 2 years ago I won a set of the TiH through the golden ticket contest they had going on. To be completely honest they're awesome trucks, light as a feather, turn awesome, and being that they're titanium the could basically grind anything super smooth. At the time I was riding 149 trucks so that's what I asked for. However, theeve's 8.5 truck is way too wide for my taste, maybe the shape just makes it seem that way, I'm not sure. But it was always in the back of my mind and I went back to my indys.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »
I was riding Thunder Hi 147s and came across the Theeve 8inch Hi ones..the CSX for $25 a pair on amazon. Got em and didn't like how the kingpin was so low that when i tightened the trucks the bushing began to bulge.. Switched back to Thunders after two weeks. Gave em to a friend who really dug them and bought another pair of Theeves after. Works for some but didn't quite do it for me. Im sticking to Thunders for life.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
i think i'll wait for the v3's to come out before i try a pair of the tiax ones.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »
So do the V3's fix the broken bushing issue? Literally the only thing keeping me off theeves. Once my thunders die I'll probably cop a pair.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
So do the V3's fix the broken bushing issue? Literally the only thing keeping me off theeves. Once my thunders die I'll probably cop a pair.
Yes the v3 will have fixed it supposedly

FYI the current lows also don't have the bushing problem--same geometry, just a lower axle

Will Easley

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 05:40:12 PM »
Anybody know a good place to buy these online? I can never seem to find the right model/size combo from most of the sites i usually go to and im sure most of em dont even have the v3s anyway. Im looking for either the TiKing Mid or TiH in the 5.5 size.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »
Anybody know a good place to buy these online? I can never seem to find the right model/size combo from most of the sites i usually go to and im sure most of em dont even have the v3s anyway. Im looking for either the TiKing Mid or TiH in the 5.5 size.
I only found the TiAx in 5.5. The TiH is gonna be hard to find considering that they're working on the new model. You could try to look up local shops here: http://www.theevetrucks.com/buy.html
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Will Easley

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I only found the TiAx in 5.5. The TiH is gonna be hard to find considering that they're working on the new model. You could try to look up local shops here: http://www.theevetrucks.com/buy.html

thanks man yeah i was already going thru the shops they have on there. unless i find a good deal ill probably wait until the v3's are out. i dont think they actually released em yet.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

thanks man yeah i was already going thru the shops they have on there. unless i find a good deal ill probably wait until the v3's are out. i dont think they actually released em yet.
Hoffart posted them on instagram and the description or whatever it's called said "Demand them at your local skateshop", so maybe it just came out so they aren't really available yet.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 07:54:01 PM »
I've been waiting for these for a while now.

I've ridden a set of 8.18" and 8.5", both times I had issues with the pivot cup hole widening out allowing the hanger pivot to swim around, sucked, as did theeves customer service.

Currently I ride ACE 44s, which are tad squirlly without a barrel bushing.

Having tried the new stage 11s (too tall and heavy) and thunder tiLights (too low, too much wheel bite), I'm nabbing a set of the V3s ASAP.

Theeve turn between ACE and Indy and grind better than both; I never got the bushing bulge, but then again, I ride the correct durometer bushing for how loose I ride my trucks - fools tightening down soft/medium bushings to make their trucks is ignorant.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
when the fuck are the v3's coming out? all i want is a set of the raw tiax. are they waiting for the old stock to sell through?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:25:32 PM by max power »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

FYI the current lows also don't have the bushing problem--same geometry, just a lower axle

Lower/higher axles have nothing to do with it, it was the bushing seat that was fixed, the new lows have a more pronounced/taller lip.

Left = New                      |                           Right = Old

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:34:02 AM by Xen »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lower/higher axles have nothing to do with it, it was the bushing seat that was fixed, the new lows have a more pronounced/taller lip.

Left = New                      |                           Right = Old

-

i didn't say the axles had anything to do with it

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
It was your sentence structure, so I clarified. That's all.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 04:22:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did the stop doing the titanium hanger ones?
[close]

I was wondering the same thing since they don't have the TiH in the '13 catalog.  I thought the whole point with Theeves was pushing new technology with the full titanium, "axle-less" hanger.  "Probably gave up on the TiH"?

[close]
They probably did, they were usually $120 - $150 for the pair. I wonder how many people actually bought them.

I did! They are the best set of trucks ever made!

Will Easley

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 04:34:26 AM »
when the fuck are the v3's coming out? all i want is a set of the raw tiax. are they waiting for the old stock to sell through?

I think they are when I was looking to buy mine most online shops had slim pickings, and it was all the old shit. I managed to find some 5.5 v2 tiaxs for like $40 and they skate great so far. I really like how they grind, the titanium hanger does a good job of powering thru sticky ledges. It was kinda weird for me at first because I was skating some thunder lights before I made the switch, and even tho the theeves LOOK like a bulkier, heavier truck than thunders they're actually a tad bit lighter. I'm stoked on em so far

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think they are when I was looking to buy mine most online shops had slim pickings, and it was all the old shit. I managed to find some 5.5 v2 tiaxs for like $40 and they skate great so far. I really like how they grind, the titanium hanger does a good job of powering thru sticky ledges. It was kinda weird for me at first because I was skating some thunder lights before I made the switch, and even tho the theeves LOOK like a bulkier, heavier truck than thunders they're actually a tad bit lighter. I'm stoked on em so far

I saw a set of v2's at my local shop today, I said, "Wow, you still got Theeves" and they said they couldn't sell them because all the kids want nowadays are "light" trucks like thunder and indys :D. I said, "you know theeve's are lightest trucks you have in the shop?" He looked at me like I was stupid. Also had no clue what the hell "formula fours" were. Needless to say I didn't bother to ask when they were getting the V3's lol.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:19:36 PM by Firebert »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »
Theeve just listed 08-08-13 for when the V3s will be in shops...what shops and where, who knows!

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
They're selling 'em online first, way to undercut local shops and make some extra money

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
hmm, going to pull the trigger. 5.25 or 5.5 for 8", maybe sometimes 8.125" boards?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
i ride 8.125's and am going for the 5.5 keeping in mind the axle is 8.18"

Will Easley

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2013, 11:42:06 AM »
hmm, going to pull the trigger. 5.25 or 5.5 for 8", maybe sometimes 8.125" boards?

Yea I skate the same size boards & I'm rolling with the 5.5's.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »
hmm kinda have a thing about the axles sticking out. going with the 5.25. thanks guys.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »
They seem a little too pricey on their website, I'm going to try and wait for a better deal, socalskateshop is supposed to have them later next week.

Will Easley

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2013, 01:21:24 PM »
They seem a little too pricey on their website, I'm going to try and wait for a better deal, socalskateshop is supposed to have them later next week.

bout time they got an online store. theyre selling their titanium kingpins for ZERO dollars plus 8 bucks for shipping. dunno if thats a mistake or what (especially seeing as how their titanium hardware is $21) but im bout to turn my tiax's to tikings!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:27:14 PM by Will Easley »

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »
ordered some 5.25 tiax, fuck it. i don't have to try search them out, now.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »
snap, just won a set of V3 CSX via theeve's facebook

now I'm glad I didn't pull any triggers earlier
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:37:43 PM by Firebert »

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
that $22 hardware will probably sell...

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »
that $22 hardware will probably sell...
you'd be surprised at how quickly they sell out of that hardware.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did the stop doing the titanium hanger ones?
[close]

I was wondering the same thing since they don't have the TiH in the '13 catalog.  I thought the whole point with Theeves was pushing new technology with the full titanium, "axle-less" hanger.  "Probably gave up on the TiH"?

[close]
They probably did, they were usually $120 - $150 for the pair. I wonder how many people actually bought them.
[close]

I did! They are the best set of trucks ever made!

I asked the question because if they didn't make em I'd go out and buy a 2nd set of Tih's......just in case someone stole mine.....otherwise the intent is this is the last set of trucks.....