Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 33208 times)

jay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
Trayvon Martin
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »
Anyone been watching this trial?  I don't see a good possibility of a second degree murder conviction at this point- maybe manslaughter and aggravated assault?  Seems to me like no matter how the altercation was initiated, once you start getting seriously beaten down and fearing for your life, under Florida law you have the right to shoot someone dead. 

newhampster

• Rep: 7
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:16:54 PM »
This is pretty irrelevant at this point, BUT, say Trayvon Martin killed George Zimmerman from bashing his head on the ground, wouldn't he have been able to claim self defense, too?  He was being stalked, felt threatened, and the stalker had a gun.

Yu Dum

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:17:22 PM »
I'd rather not speak about this... It may bring out some racial shit that we just don't need to see or hear... Nothing against the case or you.. I just have a feeling it'll end with one side blaming the other and a few racial slurs being slung that shouldn't be spoken...

Will Easley

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
This is pretty irrelevant at this point, BUT, say Trayvon Martin killed George Zimmerman from bashing his head on the ground, wouldn't he have been able to claim self defense, too?  He was being stalked, felt threatened, and the stalker had a gun.

man ever since the jump i already knew zimmerman would get off on some bullshit.

what if the roles were switched, and zimmerman was black? yall cant tell me shit wouldnt be different. Black guy shoots a kid and kills em? man you already know how THAT would've played out.

Will Easley

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was in a gated community in which he had no reason to be in

wasnt he at a family members house watching the all-star game then left to pick up some snacks or some shit?

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote
This is pretty irrelevant at this point, BUT, say Trayvon Martin killed George Zimmerman from bashing his head on the ground, wouldn't he have been able to claim self defense, too?� He was being stalked, felt threatened, and the stalker had a gun.
[close]

man ever since the jump i already knew zimmerman would get off on some bullshit.

what if the roles were switched, and zimmerman was black? yall cant tell me shit wouldnt be different. Black guy shoots a kid and kills em? man you already know how THAT would've played out.

I dunno, if it was the exact same situation (black community watch organizer in a gated community versus a white teen currently suspended from school for drugs, black guys gets beat down and retaliates) not just "black guy shoots white kid", I think it might be pretty similar- large amounts of people on both sides pissed off.

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was in a gated community in which he had no reason to be in

A gated community his father lived in. Get the fuck out of here.

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

Jackburton

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
This is pretty irrelevant at this point, BUT, say Trayvon Martin killed George Zimmerman from bashing his head on the ground, wouldn't he have been able to claim self defense, too?� He was being stalked, felt threatened, and the stalker had a gun.

Even if he had his gun drawn, Trayvon would have to have had reason to believe he was going to be shot.  Having a gun held on you does not mean you automatically have the right to kill that person.  And then even if he disarmed him, he would not have the right to keep beating him to death after he was incapacitated.  I think it is reasonable to believe Trayvon lost his temper and kept beating him, at which point Zimmerman had the right to kill him.  A 2cm cut on the back of the head, bruises on the sides of the head, and a broken nose.  A 2 cm gash from hitting the sidewalk is pretty serious.  Trayvon also has only a hand injury, which could or could not have been caused in the altercation.

Also, I find it hard to believe that those screams came from Martin.  What was Zimmerman doing to make him scream like that.  Pointing a gun at him and telling him he was going to kill him?  Holding him with a gun on him?  Pretty thin.  I just can't think of scenario where Trayvon is not being physically injured and he screams like that.  There is also a witness who saw a person matching Trayvon's description on top of someone who matches Zimmerman's description.  He also saw hands coming down on him.  Most likely caused the injuries and it makes sense that Zimmermann would be crying out for help.  

In the end Trayvon's rage got him killed.  He was prob not high and irritable.  Its easy to lose your temper if you are used to smoking and are not high.  He also looks angry in most of the pictures of him and his mom was going to kick him out for being out of control.  People keep saying it is a simple as a grown man with a gun vs an unarmed teen, but its not.

And you think it would be any different if it was some wigger instead of a black guy.  Some arrogant white trash kid in a hoodie with an attitude.  Yeah it would be different there would not have been a case.  Al Sharpton would not given a shit.  There would be no pressure on the mayor to arrest Zimmerman.  
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:41:45 PM by Jackburton »

Will Easley

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even if he had his gun drawn, Trayvon would have to have had reason to believe he was going to be shot.  Having a gun held on you does not mean you automatically have the right to kill that person.  And then even if he disarmed him, he would not have the right to keep beating him to death after he was incapacitated.  I think it is reasonable to believe Trayvon lost his temper and kept beating him, at which point Zimmerman had the right to kill him.  A 2cm cut on the back of the head, bruises on the sides of the head, and a broken nose.  A 2 cm gash from hitting the sidewalk is pretty serious.  Trayvon also has only a hand injury, which could or could not have been caused in the altercation.

Also, I find it hard to believe that those screams came from Martin.  What was Zimmerman doing to make him scream like that.  Pointing a gun at him and telling him he was going to kill him?  Holding him with a gun on him?  Pretty thin.  I just can't think of scenario where Trayvon is not being physically injured and he screams like that.  There is also a witness who saw a person matching Trayvon's description on top of someone who matches Zimmerman's description.  He also saw hands coming down on him.  Most likely caused the injuries and it makes sense that Zimmermann would be crying out for help.  

In the end Trayvon's rage got him killed.  He was prob not high and irritable.  Its easy to lose your temper if you are used to smoking and are not high.  He also looks angry in most of the pictures of him and his mom was going to kick him out for being out of control.  People keep saying it is a simple as a grown man with a gun vs an unarmed teen, but its not.

And you think it would be any different if it was some wigger instead of a black guy.  Some arrogant white trash kid in a hoodie with an attitude.  Yeah it would be different there would not have been a case.  Al Sharpton would not given a shit.  There would be no pressure on the mayor to arrest Zimmerman.  

So trayvon's rage is what got him killed? Weed smokers are irritable and prone to beating people up when they're not high? gimme a break. Zimmerman was TOLD BY THE POLICE not to follow Trayvon. Low and behold, he follows him (in his car), Trayvon starts running, zimmerman gets out of the car to chase him, *somehow* they get into a fight and trayvon ends up getting shot. I highly doubt trayvon initiated any interaction with zimmerman, and he only started running once he realized he was being followed. Zimmerman was too fucking thirsty to be the hero, chased down some kid, bit off more than he could chew & got his ass beat, then shot him out of "self defense". How the fuck is it self defense when he started the shit in the first place?

Funny how the media tried oh so hard to assassinate Trayvon's character too tho. Make him seem like some ratchet ass thug or some shit. ok, he's gotten suspended for having too many tardies, got caught doing graffiti (with a marker), and having weed on him. WHOOPTY FUCKING DOO. I myself have been suspended for having too many tardies, have been caught doing graffiti (and was interrogated by detectives), and smoke weed all the time. does that make me some thug? not exactly. he may not have been an angel but its not like dude was just inherently bad.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:08:52 PM by Will Easley »

noboru watanabe

• Rep: 3
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even if he had his gun drawn, Trayvon would have to have had reason to believe he was going to be shot.  Having a gun held on you does not mean you automatically have the right to kill that person.  And then even if he disarmed him, he would not have the right to keep beating him to death after he was incapacitated.  I think it is reasonable to believe Trayvon lost his temper and kept beating him, at which point Zimmerman had the right to kill him.  A 2cm cut on the back of the head, bruises on the sides of the head, and a broken nose.  A 2 cm gash from hitting the sidewalk is pretty serious.  Trayvon also has only a hand injury, which could or could not have been caused in the altercation.

Also, I find it hard to believe that those screams came from Martin.  What was Zimmerman doing to make him scream like that.  Pointing a gun at him and telling him he was going to kill him?  Holding him with a gun on him?  Pretty thin.  I just can't think of scenario where Trayvon is not being physically injured and he screams like that.  There is also a witness who saw a person matching Trayvon's description on top of someone who matches Zimmerman's description.  He also saw hands coming down on him.  Most likely caused the injuries and it makes sense that Zimmermann would be crying out for help.  

oh hay, just wanted to jump on in here and help kickstart the downward spiral of this thread by sincerely telling you to go FUCK yourself you stupid FUCKING cunt FUCK

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
Been following this one. At first I thought he should go to prison but now i'm realizing he acted out of self defense. Zimmerman followed Trayvon but that isn't illegal. He shot him because he was getting his head bashed on the cement. I just don't get why Zimmerman never announced that he was a part of the neighborhood watch.

dillanharp

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »
Zimmerman is a bigot, that's all I'm saying about this.

Jackburton

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

oh hay, just wanted to jump on in here and help kickstart the downward spiral of this thread by sincerely telling you to go FUCK yourself you stupid FUCKING cunt FUCK
Being wrong sucks doesn't it.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »
I'm so tired of hearing about this shit, it happened around where I live, and it's all I hear about on the news. Do they publicize this case in other states as much as they do here?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Jackburton

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Even if he had his gun drawn, Trayvon would have to have had reason to believe he was going to be shot. �Having a gun held on you does not mean you automatically have the right to kill that person. �And then even if he disarmed him, he would not have the right to keep beating him to death after he was incapacitated. �I think it is reasonable to believe Trayvon lost his temper and kept beating him, at which point Zimmerman had the right to kill him. �A 2cm cut on the back of the head, bruises on the sides of the head, and a broken nose. �A 2 cm gash from hitting the sidewalk is pretty serious. �Trayvon also has only a hand injury, which could or could not have been caused in the altercation.

Also, I find it hard to believe that those screams came from Martin. �What was Zimmerman doing to make him scream like that. �Pointing a gun at him and telling him he was going to kill him? �Holding him with a gun on him? �Pretty thin. �I just can't think of scenario where Trayvon is not being physically injured and he screams like that. �There is also a witness who saw a person matching Trayvon's description on top of someone who matches Zimmerman's description. �He also saw hands coming down on him. �Most likely caused the injuries and it makes sense that Zimmermann would be crying out for help. �

In the end Trayvon's rage got him killed. �He was prob not high and irritable. �Its easy to lose your temper if you are used to smoking and are not high. �He also looks angry in most of the pictures of him and his mom was going to kick him out for being out of control. �People keep saying it is a simple as a grown man with a gun vs an unarmed teen, but its not.

And you think it would be any different if it was some wigger instead of a black guy. �Some arrogant white trash kid in a hoodie with an attitude. �Yeah it would be different there would not have been a case. �Al Sharpton would not given a shit. �There would be no pressure on the mayor to arrest Zimmerman. �
[close]

So trayvon's rage is what got him killed? Weed smokers are irritable and prone to beating people up when they're not high? gimme a break. Zimmerman was TOLD BY THE POLICE not to follow Trayvon. Low and behold, he follows him (in his car), Trayvon starts running, zimmerman gets out of the car to chase him, *somehow* they get into a fight and trayvon ends up getting shot. I highly doubt trayvon initiated any interaction with zimmerman, and he only started running once he realized he was being followed. Zimmerman was too fucking thirsty to be the hero, chased down some kid, bit off more than he could chew & got his ass beat, then shot him out of "self defense". How the fuck is it self defense when he started the shit in the first place?

Funny how the media tried oh so hard to assassinate Trayvon's character too tho. Make him seem like some ratchet ass thug or some shit. ok, he's gotten suspended for having too many tardies, got caught doing graffiti (with a marker), and having weed on him. WHOOPTY FUCKING DOO. I myself have been suspended for having too many tardies, have been caught doing graffiti (and was interrogated by detectives), and smoke weed all the time. does that make me some thug? not exactly. he may not have been an angel but its not like dude was just inherently bad.

It does not matter who started it or initiated it.  Lets say Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first, that doesn't mean he can beat him to death.

Also, martin was holding guns, weed, and had a history of violence.  Not just  tardies (nice), graffiti, and having weed on him.  Sounds like a wanna be thug to me. 

And if you knew anything about weed smokers, you would know that some get pretty trucking irritable when they can't get their fix.  There is a lot of evidence that points toward Martin being the type of person who would lose his temper and not be able to stop beating somebody.

Zimmerman might be guilty of assault and wrongful imprisonment, but that is just speculation.  There is no evidence.  The only evidence is what the witnesses saw/heard, the tapes, and the injuries.  They all point to self defense.  The dispatcher is not a police officer.  The dispatcher also never said do not follow him.  The dispatcher said we don;t need you to do that, which is just a way to cover their asses.     They say that in situations where a person should really follow a suspect.

See I am not saying that Zimmerman was in the right.  What he did was wrong and stupid, but that does not mean there is evidence that proves he committed a crime.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:19:50 PM by Jackburton »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »
wanna be thug to me. 

And if you knew anything about weed smokers, you would know that some get pretty trucking irritable when they can't get their fix. 

lol. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

WTFSoCaT

• Rep: 5
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Even if he had his gun drawn, Trayvon would have to have had reason to believe he was going to be shot. �Having a gun held on you does not mean you automatically have the right to kill that person. �And then even if he disarmed him, he would not have the right to keep beating him to death after he was incapacitated. �I think it is reasonable to believe Trayvon lost his temper and kept beating him, at which point Zimmerman had the right to kill him. �A 2cm cut on the back of the head, bruises on the sides of the head, and a broken nose. �A 2 cm gash from hitting the sidewalk is pretty serious. �Trayvon also has only a hand injury, which could or could not have been caused in the altercation.

Also, I find it hard to believe that those screams came from Martin. �What was Zimmerman doing to make him scream like that. �Pointing a gun at him and telling him he was going to kill him? �Holding him with a gun on him? �Pretty thin. �I just can't think of scenario where Trayvon is not being physically injured and he screams like that. �There is also a witness who saw a person matching Trayvon's description on top of someone who matches Zimmerman's description. �He also saw hands coming down on him. �Most likely caused the injuries and it makes sense that Zimmermann would be crying out for help. �

In the end Trayvon's rage got him killed. �He was prob not high and irritable. �Its easy to lose your temper if you are used to smoking and are not high. �He also looks angry in most of the pictures of him and his mom was going to kick him out for being out of control. �People keep saying it is a simple as a grown man with a gun vs an unarmed teen, but its not.

And you think it would be any different if it was some wigger instead of a black guy. �Some arrogant white trash kid in a hoodie with an attitude. �Yeah it would be different there would not have been a case. �Al Sharpton would not given a shit. �There would be no pressure on the mayor to arrest Zimmerman. �
[close]

[close]

It does not matter who started it or initiated it.  Lets say Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first, that doesn't mean he can beat him to death.

you can totally do this in Florida and is kinda what this entire case is about...

Jackburton

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 10:15:13 PM »
No you can't.  http://floridastandyourground.org

You can't kill someone just because they start a fight with you.  Now if a person is over top of you beating your face with a hard surface behind your head, then that is a little different.  Grabbing, pushing, and even punching someone is a lot different from being on top of someone beating them in the face on concrete.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:22:53 PM by Jackburton »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
<honest black man bias>

Fuck pretending that any of this shit is Trayvon's fault. This whole ordeal shows how dangerous the subtle racism in the United States can be. Zimmerman's unauthorized profiling and preconceived notions lead to the death of a person that was minding his own fucking business.

Everything about it is pissing me off. At work two coworkers asked me (because I am the black guy) do I think there will be riots around the area if Zimmerman gets off. "Motherfuckers we live in North Carolina what the fuck is a riot going to prove?"

</honest black man bias>

Jackburton

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 10:41:56 PM »
<honest black man bias>

Fuck pretending that any of this shit is Trayvon's fault. This whole ordeal shows how dangerous the subtle racism in the United States can be. Zimmerman's unauthorized profiling and preconceived notions lead to the death of a person that was minding his own fucking business.

Everything about it is pissing me off. At work two coworkers asked me (because I am the black guy) do I think there will be riots around the area if Zimmerman gets off. "Motherfuckers we live in North Carolina what the fuck is a riot going to prove?"

</honest black man bias>

So if he had been some white trash kid in a hoody talking loud on his phone, looking all around, and then being rude when asked what he was doing, nothing would have happened?  Bullshit.  It wasn't the color of his skin, it was attitude and lack of control.  I fully agree that Zimmerman is a person and was wrong in what he did.  But a person with any type of social skills should be able to talk their way out of the situation.  I get it he was a kid with issues, but still.  Don't act like it was only because of his skin color.  

Also, that sucks that people are asking you about it at work.  I don't even speak about the case in public, because I will get grouped with a bunch of dumb white boys.  Of course I'm not going to parade around saying that Zimmerman should be locked up without evidence, because it wins favor with the liberals.  
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:47:00 PM by Jackburton »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 11:14:10 PM »
So if he had been some white trash kid in a hoody talking loud on his phone, looking all around, and then being rude when asked what he was doing, nothing would have happened?  Bullshit.  It wasn't the color of his skin, it was attitude and lack of control.  I fully agree that Zimmerman is a person and was wrong in what he did.  But a person with any type of social skills should be able to talk their way out of the situation.  I get it he was a kid with issues, but still.  Don't act like it was only because of his skin color.  

I believe that Zimmerman would have approached the situation completely different if he saw a low class white kid doing the same shit. But I also don't believe that the general populous view lower class whites as potential criminals in the same way they see young blacks, arabs and hispanics.

Will Easley

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »
Expand Quote
<honest black man bias>

</honest black man bias>
[close]

So if he had been some white kid in a hoody talking loud on his phone, looking all around, and then being rude when asked what he was doing, nothing would have happened? �Bullshit. �It wasn't the color of his skin, it was attitude and lack of control. �I fully agree that Zimmerman is a person and was wrong in what he did. �But a person with any type of social skills should be able to talk their way out of the situation. �I get it he was a kid with issues, but still. �Don't act like it was only because of his skin color. �

Also, that sucks that someone asked you about it at work. �I don't even speak about the case in public, because I will get grouped with a bunch of dumb white boys. �Of course I'm not going to parade around making saying that Zimmerman should be locked up without evidence, because it wins favor with the liberals.� Being asked that kind of thing at work would piss me off.

Who said that's what Trayvon was doing tho? Here's the "official" account of the story.

On the evening of February 26, 2012, Zimmerman observed Martin as he returned to the Twin Lakes housing community after having walked to a nearby convenience store. At the time, Zimmerman was driving through the neighborhood on a personal errand.

At approximately 7:09 PM, Zimmerman called the Sanford police non-emergency number to report what he considered a suspicious person in the Twin Lakes community. Zimmerman stated, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away."

About two minutes into the call, Zimmerman said, "he's running." The dispatcher asked, "He's running? Which way is he running?". The sound of a car door chime is heard, indicating Zimmerman opened his car door. Zimmerman followed Martin, eventually losing sight of him. The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him. When Zimmerman answered, "yeah," the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay." Zimmerman asked that police call him upon their arrival so he could provide his location. Zimmerman ended the call at 7:15 p.m.

After Zimmerman ended his call with police, a violent encounter took place between Martin and Zimmerman, which ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying.

First off, Trayvon wasnt even doing anything bad enough to warrant such thirst on Zimmermans part. It was halftime during the NBA all star game so he went to the gas station to get some snacks & then headed back home. It was raining so he had his hoody up. I can imagine he'd be looking up at all the nice, suburban houses on his way back home, by I doubt he'd actually be snooping around seeing as how he was tryna make it back home to see the game. Zimmerman jumped to the worst of conclusions and starting stalking him and The way he talks about Trayvon to the dispatcher cleary shows some racist undertones.

But anyways explain to me how Zimmerman was shooting Trayvon in "self-defense" when Trayvon was CLEARLY running back to his house when he got shot? This was Zimmerman's fault alone. Trayvon was being stalked and chased by some stranger with a gun and kicked his ass once Zimmerman got a hold of him. Zimmerman then shot him out of frustration and killed him. NONE of this would have even happened had Zimmerman let the police investigate instead of trying to be a hero and disobeying the police dispatcher after they specifically told Zimmerman NOT to chase him. Trayvon didn't do anything wrong other than beat the shit out of some stranger who randomly stalked, chased, & attacked him first. Acting as if he brought this upon himself in any way is just regular. Maybe im justa little more sensitive to it all seeing as how that could just as easily been me any number of my friends getting murdered by some racist, wannabe neighborhood hero.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It does not matter who started it or initiated it.  Lets say Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first, that doesn't mean he can beat him to death.

Also, martin was holding guns, weed, and had a history of violence.  Not just  tardies (nice), graffiti, and having weed on him.  Sounds like a wanna be thug to me.  

And if you knew anything about weed smokers, you would know that some get pretty trucking irritable when they can't get their fix.  There is a lot of evidence that points toward Martin being the type of person who would lose his temper and not be able to stop beating somebody.

Zimmerman might be guilty of assault and wrongful imprisonment, but that is just speculation.  There is no evidence.  The only evidence is what the witnesses saw/heard, the tapes, and the injuries.  They all point to self defense.  The dispatcher is not a police officer.  The dispatcher also never said do not follow him.  The dispatcher said we don;t need you to do that, which is just a way to cover their asses.     They say that in situations where a person should really follow a suspect.

See I am not saying that Zimmerman was in the right.  What he did was wrong and stupid, but that does not mean there is evidence that proves he committed a crime.
jesus

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote
<honest black man bias>

</honest black man bias>
[close]

So if he had been some white trash kid in a hoody talking loud on his phone, looking all around, and then being rude when asked what he was doing, nothing would have happened? ? Bullshit. ? It wasn't the color of his skin, it was attitude and lack of control. ? I fully agree that Zimmerman is a person and was wrong in what he did. ? But a person with any type of social skills should be able to talk their way out of the situation. ? I get it he was a kid with issues, but still. ? Don't act like it was only because of his skin color. ? 

Also, that sucks that people are asking you about it at work. ? I don't even speak about the case in public, because I will get grouped with a bunch of dumb white boys. ? Of course I'm not going to parade around saying that Zimmerman should be locked up without evidence, because it wins favor with the liberals. ? 

you're assuming that zimmerman has no racial bias, which you have no way of knowing. no one can really know what goes on in his head. judging by the current state of america, i think it fair to say that its very possible that race played a large role in trayvons death. we can pretend we have gotten over racism. racism has become more subtle, but still permeates our culture

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 12:10:15 AM »
Expand Quote
<honest black man bias>

</honest black man bias>
[close]

Also, that sucks that people are asking you about it at work.  I don't even speak about the case in public, because I will get grouped with a bunch of dumb white boys.  Of course I'm not going to parade around saying that Zimmerman should be locked up without evidence, because it wins favor with the liberals.  
So having a bad attitude warrants Clint Eastwood over here to shoot someone? Now that's fucked up.

And those goddamn liberals again, they staged this whole thing to gain support for the AntiChrist Obama  ::)

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 01:25:27 AM »
jackburton just moved into my top 5 most regular posters list.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 02:30:02 AM »
Zimmerman should rot in jail for life. My opinion

Jackburton

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 04:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
<honest black man bias>

</honest black man bias>
[close]

So if he had been some white kid in a hoody talking loud on his phone, looking all around, and then being rude when asked what he was doing, nothing would have happened? �Bullshit. �It wasn't the color of his skin, it was attitude and lack of control. �I fully agree that Zimmerman is a person and was wrong in what he did. �But a person with any type of social skills should be able to talk their way out of the situation. �I get it he was a kid with issues, but still. �Don't act like it was only because of his skin color. �

Also, that sucks that someone asked you about it at work. �I don't even speak about the case in public, because I will get grouped with a bunch of dumb white boys. �Of course I'm not going to parade around making saying that Zimmerman should be locked up without evidence, because it wins favor with the liberals.� Being asked that kind of thing at work would piss me off.
[close]

Who said that's what Trayvon was doing tho? Here's the "official" account of the story.

Expand Quote
On the evening of February 26, 2012, Zimmerman observed Martin as he returned to the Twin Lakes housing community after having walked to a nearby convenience store. At the time, Zimmerman was driving through the neighborhood on a personal errand.

At approximately 7:09 PM, Zimmerman called the Sanford police non-emergency number to report what he considered a suspicious person in the Twin Lakes community. Zimmerman stated, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away."

About two minutes into the call, Zimmerman said, "he's running." The dispatcher asked, "He's running? Which way is he running?". The sound of a car door chime is heard, indicating Zimmerman opened his car door. Zimmerman followed Martin, eventually losing sight of him. The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him. When Zimmerman answered, "yeah," the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay." Zimmerman asked that police call him upon their arrival so he could provide his location. Zimmerman ended the call at 7:15 p.m.

After Zimmerman ended his call with police, a violent encounter took place between Martin and Zimmerman, which ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying.

[close]

First off, Trayvon wasnt even doing anything bad enough to warrant such thirst on Zimmermans part. It was halftime during the NBA all star game so he went to the gas station to get some snacks & then headed back home. It was raining so he had his hoody up. I can imagine he'd be looking up at all the nice, suburban houses on his way back home, by I doubt he'd actually be snooping around seeing as how he was tryna make it back home to see the game. Zimmerman jumped to the worst of conclusions and starting stalking him and The way he talks about Trayvon to the dispatcher cleary shows some racist undertones.

But anyways explain to me how Zimmerman was shooting Trayvon in "self-defense" when Trayvon was CLEARLY running back to his house when he got shot? This was Zimmerman's fault alone. Trayvon was being stalked and chased by some stranger with a gun and kicked his ass once Zimmerman got a hold of him. Zimmerman then shot him out of frustration and killed him. NONE of this would have even happened had Zimmerman let the police investigate instead of trying to be a hero and disobeying the police dispatcher after they specifically told Zimmerman NOT to chase him. Trayvon didn't do anything wrong other than beat the shit out of some stranger who randomly stalked, chased, & attacked him first. Acting as if he brought this upon himself in any way is just regular. Maybe im justa little more sensitive to it all seeing as how that could just as easily been me any number of my friends getting murdered by some racist, wannabe neighborhood hero.
I never assumed he was not a racist.  What I mean is that racism is exaggerated int his case.  Sure there have been studies that show that people that grew up in the U.S. are racist.  We see a black person, and subconsciously we think criminal.  What I mean was there were other factors,  A big one is the way he acted.  It was on the phone recording.  He had issues speaking with people and was pretty pissed off.  He was not in an area in which he was used to.  He was an outsider, but he acted like a dick.  Of course this does not warrant being shot, which I never even implied. 

How is it that Zimmerman deserves a beating that could have caused serious injury or even death. 
Most likely Trayvon was still beating him, due to angle of the bullet wound and the screaming.

So you and your friends would beat a guy like that after he was screaming for help and incapacitated?

Jackburton

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 04:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
<honest black man bias>

</honest black man bias>
[close]

So if he had been some white trash kid in a hoody talking loud on his phone, looking all around, and then being rude when asked what he was doing, nothing would have happened? ? Bullshit. ? It wasn't the color of his skin, it was attitude and lack of control. ? I fully agree that Zimmerman is a person and was wrong in what he did. ? But a person with any type of social skills should be able to talk their way out of the situation. ? I get it he was a kid with issues, but still. ? Don't act like it was only because of his skin color. ? 

Also, that sucks that people are asking you about it at work. ? I don't even speak about the case in public, because I will get grouped with a bunch of dumb white boys. ? Of course I'm not going to parade around saying that Zimmerman should be locked up without evidence, because it wins favor with the liberals. ? 
[close]

you're assuming that zimmerman has no racial bias, which you have no way of knowing. no one can really know what goes on in his head. judging by the current state of america, i think it fair to say that its very possible that race played a large role in trayvons death. we can pretend we have gotten over racism. racism has become more subtle, but still permeates our culture
I never assumed he was not a racist.  What I mean is that racism is exaggerated int his case.  Sure there have been studies that show that people that grew up in the U.S. are racist.  We see a black person, and subconsciously we think criminal.  What I mean was there were other factors,  A big one is the way he acted.  It was on the phone recording.  He had issues speaking with people and was pretty pissed off.  He was not in an area in which he was used to.  He was an outsider, but he acted like a dick.  Of course this does not warrant being shot, which I never even implied.  If a white guy did what he did and looked the way he did, I don't think Zimmermann would have acted any differently.  He may not have even known he was black until he approached him.  his hood was up, it was raining.  Just speculation, but possible.

Jackburton

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
<honest black man bias>

</honest black man bias>
[close]

[close]
So having a bad attitude warrants Clint Eastwood over here to shoot someone? Now that's fucked up.

And those goddamn liberals again, they staged this whole thing to gain support for the AntiChrist Obama  ::)
Yeah obviously that is what I was implying.  Real clever.