Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 33266 times)

Seamus_McShamebag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »
I know that when I was seventeen, if I was walking through neighborhood and it was dark, cold and rainy and somebody started trailing me in an unmarked vehicle and then got out and approached with even a hint of aggression it would have been on.  Most people would be pretty defensive in that position.  The tricky part is that, with regards to the law, the role of "victim" can change quickly based on circumstances. 

The "Stand your ground" law looks like it's going to be in Zimmerman's favor for the simple fact that even though he forced what I would consider a completely unjustified confrontation he is arguing that he was getting his ass handed to him in the physical altercation and then suddenly his life was in danger.  If you look at the bottom of this page (in the link below) there are some historical examples of the same law getting people out of some pretty similar scenarios http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/cases/case_139.

In my personal opinion Georgie boy fucked up big time and, unfortunately, there are no take backs when you shoot somebody.  Fuck him.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what were his good reasons to keep following after police told him not to?

was Trayvon attacking someone???  was Trayvon in the middle of breaking into a house?
[close]

Good reasons? I would say none. Rational reasons? Did you read the story? They had dozens of home burglaries prior to this, most of which the police were unable to stop or catch the perpetrator. Trayvon was a stranger walking alone in the neighborhood with his hood on, who met the description of multiple perpetrators. Yes, young black males were doing this, sorry.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/28/zimmerman-s-twin-lakes-community-was-on-edge-before-trayvon-shooting.html
[close]

except the only reason he had his hoodie up was because it was raining, and this all happened at around 7 o'clock at night. itd been one thing if it was past midnight or some shit, but what're the odds someone robs a house before 8pm...while carrying his bag from the gas station filled with candy & arizona tea?
[close]

If you lived in that neighborhood where breaki-ns were happening all the time while people were home? Odds were pretty high.

Again, I think it's pretty tough not to sympathize with George's suspicion of Trayvon, unless you make a pretty strong effort to divorce yourself from reality/the facts of the situation.

it's not a matter of questioning whether Zimmerman was right to be suspicious.   the question is:  is it ok for someone to hunt down an a person in the night with a gun, with zero cause for suspicion other than looking "suspicious" ie. black, then, after being told by authorities to stay out of it, continue to hunt that person, engage them in a fight, then shoot them dead?   i have zero sympathy for Zimmerman.  he's a fucking moron (at best) and a murderer.   why would you try to engage someone you thought was a criminal?  why would you do that after police told you not to?   

someone stole a bicycle on my street recently.  the description was black male with dread locks.  if i see someone with dreadlocks on my street at night should i start running after them with a gun?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
I know that when I was seventeen, if I was walking through neighborhood and it was dark, cold and rainy and somebody started trailing me in an unmarked vehicle and then got out and approached with even a hint of aggression it would have been on.  Most people would be pretty defensive in that position.  The tricky part is that, with regards to the law, the role of "victim" can change quickly based on circumstances. 

The "Stand your ground" law looks like it's going to be in Zimmerman's favor for the simple fact that even though he forced what I would consider a completely unjustified confrontation he is arguing that he was getting his ass handed to him in the physical altercation and then suddenly his life was in danger.  If you look at the bottom of this page (in the link below) there are some historical examples of the same law getting people out of some pretty similar scenarios http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/cases/case_139.

In my personal opinion Georgie boy fucked up big time and, unfortunately, there are no take backs when you shoot somebody.  Fuck him.

agree.  unless it was a police officer.  which is who is supposed to be doing this shit.

even if Zimmerman was a hired security guard, which he wasn't - just a member of community watch - his job is to call the police if he sees suspicious activity

dude is obviously a wannabe army / cop / security guard (you know the type) who's been salivating for the chance to use his gun
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=71498.msg1951914#msg1951914 date=1373571844
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Did you even read this article? Most of the common stipulations of the Castle Doctrine would work against George Zimmerman in this case, particularly this one: "An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully or forcibly enter an occupied residence, business, or vehicle".There's no provision for targeting people based on their looking "suspicious", and no protection for those who "provoke/instigate an intruder's threat or use of deadly force". In any case the text of Florida's Stand Your Ground law is what's relevant here.

Honestly, I didn't know there where so many racist pieces of shit on this message board, although StimCoCruiser's political leanings should have given enough of an indication of what a wretched hillbilly he is.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=71498.msg1951914#msg1951914 date=1373571844

Did you even read this article? Most of the common stipulations of the Castle Doctrine would work against George Zimmerman in this case, particularly this one: "An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully or forcibly enter an occupied residence, business, or vehicle".There's no provision for targeting people based on their looking "suspicious", and no protection for those who "provoke/instigate an intruder's threat or use of deadly force". In any case the text of Florida's Stand Your Ground law is what's relevant here.

Honestly, I didn't know there where so many racist pieces of shit on this message board, although StimCoCruiser's political leanings should have given enough of an indication of what a wretched hillbilly he is.

That's kind of ironic cus that's pretty racist.

Are you saying the people that don't believe he should get second degree murder are racist pieces of shit?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »

Even if he had his gun drawn, Trayvon would have to have had reason to believe he was going to be shot. 
This is the most ass backwards argument that I've ever heard from someone, who presents them self to be pro gun. When have you ever taken a gun safety class where they have told you that it is okay to point a gun at something unless you intend to use it. If anyone ever pointed a gun at me I would fully expect that they had some intention of using it. I think you also said that there was no evidence that Zimmerman intended to shoot Martin? Well where is the evidence that Martin intended to beat Zimmerman to death? Why is it that Zimmerman need to have his gun drawn in the initial contact with Martin, let alone pointed at him? I don't care whether or not there were other break ins, burglaries or robberies in recent weeks, you still need to assess your current situation before making snap decisions that someone is doing something wrong.

But hey, fuck Emmet Till too eh?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's kind of ironic cus that's pretty racist.

Are you saying the people that don't believe he should get second degree murder are racist pieces of shit?

"Hillbilly" could refer to someone who is black, white, latino or of any other race. It's a word used to describe a person who is ignorant as a result of living in an isolated rural area, not an all encompassing racial term. Disagreeing with the severity of the charge is not necessarily racist. Manipulating the facts of the case and attempting to blame Trayvon based on your preconceived notion of him as "one of those people" (i.e. a thuggish African American) definitely is. Also referring to black people as "savages" multiple times as StimCo did in his post is most definitely racist x1000.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 06:35:14 PM »
Actually. Hillbilly originated as a derogatory term for Scotch-Irish Appalachian hill dwellers.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »
the term "hillbilly" is most definitely racist. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
the term "hillbilly" is most definitely racist. 

as is the whole debate surrounding this trial. be real and let's face the fact that if Trayvon Martin was a white kid he would not have been shot. Unless it's a member of "law enforcement" at a protest, nobody is going to "stand their ground" against an unarmed white kid.

there are a shit ton of racist pieces of shit on this board for fuck sake. It disgusts me. There is no excuse for bigotry, whatsoever. Pull your heads out of the sand and realize that just because you aren't calling someone a "nigger" doesn't mean that you aren't subconsciously acting as if they're one.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »
hillbilly might be racist he might just be usin it like yo wassup my hillbillay? its a subtle difference guys cmon

oldgoodburger

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
I'm so tired of hearing about this shit, it happened around where I live, and it's all I hear about on the news. Do they publicize this case in other states as much as they do here?

yes.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
I still feel like hillbilly is a racial slur but just not as harsh sounding as others. And plus it doesn't really matter where the term originated from it matters what it means in society today. Yes there is absolutely no excuse for racism and it makes me sick that people can be so superficial.

To me I believe that Zimmerman feared for his since he was getting his head smashed into the pavement, so he pulled out his gun. I think it's completely fucked up that he didn't state that he was part of the neighborhood watch but that doesn't really matter. And another main reason why I think Zimmerman shouldn't be sentenced with 2nd degree is because Trayvon allegedly threw the first punch. Do you guys think he did?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:45:21 PM by shitsandwich »

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »
Damn, the real problem with this case is the media bias and it has gone straight to some of your heads..

Zim should walk but I fear he might get charged with manslaughter as some sort of compromise

dillanharp

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 12:57:47 AM »
Damn, the real problem with this case is the media bias and it has gone straight to some of your heads..

Zim should walk but I fear he might get charged with manslaughter as some sort of compromise

your retardation has gone straight to your head

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 02:30:19 AM »
Actually. Hillbilly originated as a derogatory term for Scotch-Irish Appalachian hill dwellers.

That makes sense. I could have sworn I've heard it applied to black and white people from rural areas though. Still, I don't feel particularly racist saying it since I'm a white male myself.

Basically I'm prejudiced against ignorant assholes.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 04:03:48 AM »
Shot unarmed kid with groceries walking home after harassing him. Thats what happened.

Sounds like murder to me.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »
RACE WARS!!!!!!!!!  EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!!!

Regarding any pro-Zimmerman argument a simple, "Ya...but he killed him" seems to work just fine for me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:57:06 AM by chockfullofthat »

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »
are they eventually going to put "ima" and "dat" in the dictionary?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »
What percentage of Black people/liberals that are so outraged about this even know George's race?

George is listed as Hispanic, with his mom being Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.

How many innocent white people are gonna get beat up or have their businesses fucked up once the jury comes back with the verdict?

Really stupid, tragic situation, exacerbated by the media and lazy liberals.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »
I suck at SLAP.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
What percentage of Black people/liberals that are so outraged about this even know George's race?

Expand Quote
George is listed as Hispanic, with his mom being Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.
[close]

How many innocent white people are gonna get beat up or have their businesses fucked up once the jury comes back with the verdict?

Really stupid, tragic situation, exacerbated by the media and lazy liberals.

where do you live, Alabama?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
What does that question imply?

Where do the black people saying they're gonna beat up or kill white people because of this live?

Genius-town?

I remember when OJ killed his white wife and me and all my white friends burned down the city and beat up every black person we saw. Wait that never happened, and analogy doesn't work because OJ was actually black and wasn't being beaten up by his wife. My b.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
Regardless of the outcome I plan on running around smearing human feces on every person I see wearing a "PING" hat as my protest against gated communities.  Depending on how that goes I'll probably go mess up the color/size sorting of the clothing racks at a few Banana Republics to really drive my point home.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
Yeah everyone heard he's Hispanic. Nobody cares that his moms moms dad might have some African ancestry

Slap is full of closet racists. Cotg was trying to tell us for I don't know how long

Anyone else think Zimmerman picked the worst attorney?
Dude seems so creepyand unlikeable.
If a ton of people hated me for shooting a kid, and I was about to go through a highly televised trial, I wouldn't choose an attorney who looks like he's into dead people.

colin

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »

Dude is looking heavy - I think that when a dude has so much fat on his body that he has neck fat that pours over the collar of his dress shirt that he should stop eating so much

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »
colin weighing in with a valid argument
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:19:21 PM by ROCKxADIO420 »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
rock adio with the edit on the comment
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »
i really wish they wouldnt show that