Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 33213 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »
This country, day after day, continues to further disgust me and leave a worse taste in my mouth than before.

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2013, 11:35:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Trayvon daddy needs to do the LORDs work

Im not coming in contact with white people or white latinos for the next 24hrs so i dont end up on the news

thank GOD i dont know very many in the first place tho
[close]
yeah attack the first white person you see, that makes a lot of sense.

i never said that

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2013, 11:41:30 PM »
its about time you fuckin crakkker get worried

i want yall to feel scared, worried, and profiled all the days of your lives

you muvafukkkas got it good now

but the tables will turn

your childrens children will be the niggers

and your white privivledge will be folklore

relish in the bath of black death

celebrate and party

us niggers are here to STAY

on top of all the fuckery we have been put through we  survive like roaches

shit.....we cant even KILL OURSELVES OFF

enjoy it now

the white man has just been given a permit to hunt niggers

this will only make us organize, unite, and ultimately fuck shit the fuck up

thank you all very much

and kiss my black ass

g'nite

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »
Expand Quote

Im not coming in contact with white people or white latinos for the next 24hrs so i dont end up on the news

[close]

A) Fuck you, you racist piece of shit.

B) What's a white latino?

c) you're still a racist fuck and make the real Joe Budden look good.

A white latino is a person whose family is mostly Spanish blood, mostly light skin and consider themselves white. One of my best friends, Angel (RIP) schooled me on this.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »
some country we live in...

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

A white latino is a person whose family is mostly Spanish blood, mostly light skin and consider themselves white. One of my best friends, Angel (RIP) schooled me on this.

Vegan where is your outrage over joebudden's post?

You called everyone who "supported" George Zimmerman a racist piece of shit. Wheres your outrage over someone literally saying they will beat up any white person they see? I get that joebudden's posts are all over the top, but hundreds of black people saying the same thing on twitter? Cool stuff.

This is why people no longer take liberals seriously when they talk about racism. Also the reason most people outraged over this case should be ignored for that matter. That don't even know or care what happened. George was Hispanic, but I guess all white people should get beat up. It's only fair.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:09:45 AM by NickDagger »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2013, 05:41:51 AM »
yes, let us all cry for the poor white people reading these hurtful tweets. #staystrongbrothers

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2013, 05:44:37 AM »
No, just be fucking consistent or don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2013, 05:46:39 AM »
its a hard knock life for us whiteys, we ain't safe on social networking no more. whats next, country clubs?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2013, 05:51:36 AM »
this is hilarious. what the fuck does this have to do with white people? what's the slur for a white mexican? cracker con queso?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »
its a hard knock life for us whiteys, we ain't safe on social networking no more. whats next, country clubs?

Again, it's just embarrassingly inconsistent.

YOU THINK PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT OF THE SITUATION?! YOU ARE A RACIST PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

Oh you are openly stating you will beat up or kill white people? Das cool.

It's gay. You're gay.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2013, 08:04:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah attack the first white person you see, that makes a lot of sense.
[close]

i never said that

hey dagger, joebudden might be implying that because he is black he is going to get racially profiled and thus stalked and shot by a white person or a  white latino... he never specifically stated he was going to go attack anyone... its all up to how you interpret things, kind of like how the jury interpreted this case (they fudged up big time though)

now back to the topic at hand...
it sucks that the person who instigated the whole thing (of course it was motivated by race) gets off... and of course he was lying to protect himself during the trial so he didn't rot in a cell (the key witness for the prosecution was killed by the defendant so it was his word against???)...

sad sad state of affairs

george zimmerman you sir are the douchiest or all douches 

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2013, 08:42:49 AM »

colin

« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »
Part of me is mad about this, but I think anger is, at best, fruitless, and probably more damaging; Kulananda writes about phenomena of globalization and atomization occurring withing the same individual. A representation of globalization is an individual going home to his apartment at night and watching news stories about atrocities in far off lands, while that individual has no ability to affect those situations. At the same time, that individual doesn't even know is neighbors. His world exists inside that apartment. That is atomization.
Kulananda's point was that an individual's ability to impact the world positively exists at the community level.

What does Trayvon's spirit want you to do?

Possible take a kid to the park. Help an old lady with her groceries. If thousands of individuals did one small act like that in his remembrance, then his passing would not have been in vain.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:20 AM »

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
Some reactions:

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »
Part of me is mad about this, but I think anger is, at best, fruitless, and probably more damaging; Kulananda writes about phenomena of globalization and atomization occurring withing the same individual. A representation of globalization is an individual going home to his apartment at night and watching news stories about atrocities in far off lands, while that individual has no ability to affect those situations. At the same time, that individual doesn't even know is neighbors. His world exists inside that apartment. That is atomization.
Kulananda's point was that an individual's ability to impact the world positively exists at the community level.

What does Trayvon's spirit want you to do?

Possible take a kid to the park. Help an old lady with her groceries. If thousands of individuals did one small act like that in his remembrance, then his passing would not have been in vain.

that's a nice post.  and a nice thought

i bet if Trayvon were alive he'd want there to be some sort of effort made toward improving underlying problem here (stand your ground law / gun laws in general).  not just for people to help old ladies with their groceries. 

this was a tough case, for sure.  i was pretty sure he wouldn't be convicted due to lack of evidence.  still, it doesn't seem right.  i think the fact that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon, even after being told not to, combined with the fact that Trayvon was not seen doing anything wrong, puts Zimmerman in the wrong.  that's not standing your ground, that's seeking conflict

as far as Florida is concerned, anyone who steps near your property can be attacked at gunpoint, and if that person reacts violently then you are allowed to shoot them dead.  seems pretty fucked
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

WTFSoCaT

• Rep: 5

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »
^That article is seven months old, btw.

WTFSoCaT

• Rep: 5
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:03 PM »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2013, 01:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Vegan where is your outrage over joebudden's post?

You called everyone who "supported" George Zimmerman a racist piece of shit. Wheres your outrage over someone literally saying they will beat up any white person they see? I get that joebudden's posts are all over the top, but hundreds of black people saying the same thing on twitter? Cool stuff.

This is why people no longer take liberals seriously when they talk about racism. Also the reason most people outraged over this case should be ignored for that matter. That don't even know or care what happened. George was Hispanic, but I guess all white people should get beat up. It's only fair.

I feel that his post was over the top and just trying to get a rise out of everyone so I choose to ignore it. I am sure there are a lot of angry people who want to lash out at anyone because of this miscarriage of justice, if this happens I will be just as angry at their misplaced revenge.
At the end of the day George Zimmerman got away with murder and once again America showed that black men are not viewed as equals in this country.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2013, 03:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Again, it's just embarrassingly inconsistent.

YOU THINK PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT OF THE SITUATION?! YOU ARE A RACIST PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

Oh you are openly stating you will beat up or kill white people? Das cool.

It's gay. You're gay.

It's hard to get as outraged over offensive tweets as over the death of an innocent teenager. You're showing the same lack of perspective as those people who scream "white genocide!" when a darkie steps in front of them in line at the local walmart.

I understand your point of view on the case and the self defense question, but the fact that you've expended most of your energy in this thread finding examples of Black people acting ignorant (which obviously have nothing to do with the context of the case) is extremely suspect.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »
You're showing the same lack of perspective as those people who scream "white genocide!" when a darkie steps in front of them in line at the local walmart.

This is something that happens.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
LOLZ @ WHITE LATINO/ WHERE MY BROWN LATINOS @ WE NEED TO BAND NOW THAT THE RACE WAR HAS BEGUN THE WHITE LATINOS THE WHITES THE BLACKS AND POS THE BROWN ARABS AS WELL AS THE WHITE ARABS (JEW$) WILL ALL BE AFTER US FIRST FLEE TO THE PANAMA CANAL THEY DARK AS SHIT THERE
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
P.S. ANYONE WHO CALLS THE POLICE LOSES THEIR HOOD PASS/GREEN CARD
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
Does anyone here think we should punish the jurors? 

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Straight back to the kitchen they go.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »
If I broke someone's nose and bashed their head on the concrete nobody would call me innocent.

The media is disgusting.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2013, 08:10:06 PM »
Does anyone here think we should punish the jurors?�

the jurors were following the instructions of the court.  this verdict came about because of the narrow definitions of the crime and the creation of reasonable doubt of the defense team, not the ignorance or stupidity of the jurors.  court cases, especially cases like this, are very specific about what evidence the jurors can consider and what criteria they have to follow when deciding the case.  its never as simple as a "right or wrong" decision.  our court system is supposed to favor the defendant.  the burden of proof in on the prosecution.  of course it doesn't always work that way, but the concept is that it is better for a guilty person to go free then an innocent person be convicted.  

i personally don't agree with this verdict, but there is obviously some evidence the public isn't privy to that changed the outcome of this case so none of us can really play armchair quarterback because none of us have all of the facts.  If I had to speculate, I would think that there may have been a point where Trayvon used force that went beyond his own self-defense and into aggravated assault/attempted murder.  That may or may not have been the case, but all there needs to be in the minds of the jurors is reasonable doubt and they HAVE to vote not guilty.  

I think this creates a VERY dangerous precedent.  As skaters, we all have encountered some over zealous citizen trying to be a hero and "protect the streets" at our expense.  I don't know about any of you, but if some random citizen came up to me talking crazy and, god forbid, put his hands on me, I would beat the ever living fuck out of him.  This decision says that the aggressor would be in the right, and someone defending themselves not only deserves to die, but to be vilified as well.  
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »

I think this creates a VERY dangerous precedent.  As skaters, we all have encountered some over zealous citizen trying to be a hero and "protect the streets" at our expense.  I don't know about any of you, but if some random citizen came up to me talking crazy and, god forbid, put his hands on me, I would beat the ever living fuck out of him.  This decision says that the aggressor would be in the right, and someone defending themselves not only deserves to die, but to be vilified as well.  

society would call you a "punk skater" and create a smear campaign by pulling up anything they can to make you fit the "punk skater" profile.