Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 33203 times)

weedpop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
You're showing the same lack of perspective as those people who scream "white genocide!" when a darkie steps in front of them in line at the local walmart.
[close]

This is something that happens.

Hyperbole. But honestly, what does it say about you and your appreciation of "context" that you're insisting we be as outraged over belligerent tweets as over the unnecessary killing of a real, live person. You must know those two things are not equal right?

It is a similar logic to that used by many white supremacist groups (believe me, I have read their manifestos) who claim the removal of white privilege constitutes a genocidal campaign against white culture.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »
Think for a second.

Someone breaks your nose.  BREAKS IT.

They pound your head into the cement.  

You gonna just wait for the po po?  Since when do we trust the police as skaters?  Fucking a.

I would have beat the shit out of whoever did that to me and if I felt I was too physically weak to carry that out I would have shot him.  There isn't a person here who would do it differently.

If Trayvon was a white 17-19 year old we wouldn't have ever heard of this.  The media want to make it a racial murder.  

The whole thing sucks.  I wish Trayvon was still alive.  I wish we didn't have to hear about the case every day.  It was buffed up by a media that fools you EVERY DAY.  

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2013, 11:23:20 PM »
Again though, what would you all do if your neighborhood was getting broken into every week? You wouldn't consider getting a gun?

Nope, I might change my locks or something. And most people in most parts of the world would probably do something similar.

I'm not American so I'm not ludicrously obsessed with race issues and haven't read much about this but it seems like two stupid people had a stupid fight for stupid reasons but because one had a gun one of them is now dead.

El Kevo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2013, 01:42:44 AM »
O.J. 2.0... who cares. go skate.
For a life full of happy times...

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2013, 05:03:12 AM »
Hyperbole. But honestly, what does it say about you and your appreciation of "context" that you're insisting we be as outraged over belligerent tweets as over the unnecessary killing of a real, live person. You must know those two things are not equal right?

I insisted no such thing. I said that this was a tragedy, but simply pointed out that for people constantly throwing out racist charges at anyone who wasn't convinced this was first degree murder(I suggested manslaughter charges were more appropriate, but really we don't know the context of the fight), most don't seem to give a fuck about people openly calling for violence against white people. All over something a Hispanic Jew did. Really great stuff. I called those white kids who were "Trayvon'-ing" racist idiots. Why does it take so much for liberals and blacks to call out blacks for being racist idiots? Again, this is why people no longer take anti-racism crusaders seriously.

I feel really bad for Trayvon's parents, and I respect them very much for their reactions and statements since the verdict.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:08:28 AM by NickDagger »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2013, 08:11:06 AM »
If Trayvon was a white 17-19 year old we wouldn't have ever heard of this.

correct, because he'd still be alive because he wouldn't have gotten profiled, stalked and harassed

not saying that living where george lives and facing his reality makes that an unreasonable profile. he might live in a sketchy area where the profile of trayvon matches the profile of most of the recent breakins. but regardless race was a big part of the profile and this is why it's a race issue because without it, it's likely this innocent kid would still be alive.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
Kind of a logical consequence for Zimmerman to get his ass kicked. You can't just follow and harass someone for having a certain look. And when that logical consequence kicks in you sure as shit can't shoot the kid who was minding his own business.

I live in a neighborhood that has break-ins regularly so I have a dog and fenced in yard. I'm not following people around with a fucking gun.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »
Think for a second.

Someone breaks your nose. �BREAKS IT.

They pound your head into the cement. �

You gonna just wait for the po po? �Since when do we trust the police as skaters? �Fucking a.

I would have beat the shit out of whoever did that to me and if I felt I was too physically weak to carry that out I would have shot him. �There isn't a person here who would do it differently.

if some dude came at me at night shouting at me with a gun and we got into a wrestling match, i'd have no qualms about breaking his nose or pounding his head in.  you think Trayvon went out of his way to attack Zimmerman?  on his way back from getting skittles.  you don't think Zimmerman instigated anything?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »
Few123 is either a troll or half regular. Or a half regular troll.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
Think for a second.

Someone breaks your nose.  BREAKS IT.

I have had my nose broken at least three times, it's not much different than a black eye and sure as shit doesn't justify killing someone.  I can look back on several experiences in my life where I didn't step into a situation as an aggressor but somebody could have shot me dead the same way George did and based on the results of this trial they would have walked.  People fuck up, killing someone is a mistake that can't be rectified.

From what I can tell Georgie boy was the aggressor. '"Fucking punks" and "These assholes always get away". The dude probably can't make it ten minutes into a Batman movie without dropping his pants, spitting on his hand and playing a little five on one basketball.  It appears that he bit off more than he could chew based on assumptions that were wrong in the end and then killed somebody because it didn't play out like he had hoped.  In my opinion,  all the evidence made available to the public makes a pretty good case that Trayvon was "standing his ground" and responding to a threat a helluvalot more so than Zimmerman.

jimi420

« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/14/legal-future-zimmerman/2516201/?sf14988365=1

There's a few petitions to get the federal government to file a civil suit because most people that aren't fucking stupid realize this is bullshit.

few123456789

« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »
Few123 is either a troll or half regular. Or a half regular troll.
I'm neither; we just disagree.  And that's no reason to call someone a troll.  All of the evidence backed up that Zimmerman did not throw the first punch and that's why he was acquitted by a jury of six people.  Are they half regular too? 

Look, if we're going to have some national debate about this, let's start it off by asking why violence is the answer to solve a situation.  Especially among young people these days, even skaters.  There were over 70 shootings in Chicago during the 4th of July weekend.  No one seemed to give a shit.  Did you read about that anywhere? 

few123456789

« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/14/legal-future-zimmerman/2516201/?sf14988365=1

There's a few petitions to get the federal government to file a civil suit because most people that aren't fucking stupid realize this is bullshit.
They can do that but it won't result in anything.  Holder is not going to file a suit he can't win.  Dershowitz always annoys me, but I respect him as a very good lawyer and interpreter of the law.  He is out there saying the prosecutor in the case should be disbarred.  He must be half regular and fucking stupid.

Zimmerman was convicted by the media before trial, called a murderer, had his 911 tape doctored, etc.  No one is going to win a civil suit against him.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:28:00 AM by few123456789 »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:32 AM »
 There were over 70 shootings in Chicago during the 4th of July weekend.  No one seemed to give a shit.  Did you read about that anywhere?  

people need to stop with this angle.

"kids die all the time, why do people care about sandy hook?" see how dumb that sounds?

there are rallies ALL THE TIME in chicago against gang violence.

black people don't own cnn or fox news. they have no control over what the media chooses to show and what not to show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mt4YvBMHI

stuff like this gets ignored in mainstream media and people act like there are no people speaking up against that stuff.

even then those suspects are arrested and jailed. the family of trayvon martin had to protest JUST TO GET A TRIAL.

don't compare the two, it just makes you look ignorant.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:48:56 AM by Big Skatefase »

joebudden

• Rep: -51

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
^ some top notch journalism right there. Only the truth seekers could use a word like sin.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2013, 01:20:10 PM »
Find myself wanting to know more about the bullet trajectory...and who was screaming on the tape.

Will Easley

« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=71498.msg1954504#msg1954504 date=1373919610
Find myself wanting to know more about the bullet trajectory...and who was screaming on the tape.

supposedly the gunshot came from 6 to 18 inches away & some audio/language experts couldnt tell who was screaming on the tape.

casper

« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
there should be some sort of IQ test for people to own guns.  we have to pass a test to drive so why not one to own a gun? is there one?  i dont actually know.  im not a fan of firearms.   im not saying that would fix this situation but it might make it harder for idiots like george zimmerman to be walking around with a gun making rash chocies that lead to this kinda crap.  and  yes george zimmerman is a racist ignorant idiot.  none of this would have happened if he listened to the 911 operator that told him to stay in the car or whatever.  he felt like he was a big man cause he had a gun.  typical pussy shit.  hopefully karma comes around because once again the american judicial system has failed. 

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
I think the disconnect a lot of you are having is that you may be right about the fact that:

-George was the instigator and in the wrong.
-Trayvon was innocent and simply defending himself.
-Our gun culture is insane.
-Racism exists.

Yet still be wrong about the verdict of the trial. Do any of you understand reasonable doubt? I have yet to hear a compelling argument as to how George beyond a shadow of a doubt sought to kill Trayvon. All we know is what led up to it, with a few witnesses saying they saw Trayvon on top and someone hearing a scream... Hardly a airtight case. George could have ran up to Trayvon and yelled the N-word in his face and still not be guilty of murder. Do you all get that?

So here is your chance, make your case on how he was guilty of seeking to kill Trayvon, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
When he pulled out a loaded gun and pulled the trigger less than two feet from Trevon's chest I think it's safe to say he meant to kill him. Beyond a reasonable doubt. I think second degree murder would have been appropriate.

Or if that's too much of a stretch at least manslaughter. When you instigate a fight, have a loaded gun in your pants and end up using that gun to kill somebody? Come on. Actually I take that back. Even manslaughter would have been bullshit. Second degree murder.

It's the Stand Your Ground law that's bullshit and facilitates systemic racism. In cases like this it throws common sense and logical consequences to the wind.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »

Yet still be wrong about the verdict of the trial. Do any of you understand reasonable doubt? I have yet to hear a compelling argument as to how George beyond a shadow of a doubt sought to kill Trayvon. All we know is what led up to it, with a few witnesses saying they saw Trayvon on top and someone hearing a scream... Hardly a airtight case. George could have ran up to Trayvon and yelled the N-word in his face and still not be guilty of murder. Do you all get that?

I served on a jury in which two gunshot victims testified against the person who shot them and even that was tough when taking "beyond a reasonable doubt" serious.  I understand that yes, it's very difficult to be sure "beyond a reasonable doubt" when your decision will impact the rest of someone's life.  I can only hope that those jurors know a lot that we don't that would shed some light on what appears to be a completely bullshit decision. 

I'd argue that you are only seeing one side of it.  There is no question as to whether or not George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.  It's a fact that no one is arguing.  The argument is whether or not he was justified in doing so and I don't see shit that even comes close to providing a valid reason for shooting someone.  Trayvon was not in the act of committing a crime, there is no evidence that he posed a threat to anyone, in my opinion he had a good reason to think that some random stranger who wasn't identified as a law enforcement officer or security guard posed a threat to his own safety,  he was 100% justified in being where he was at the time of the incident and he was unarmed.  Pulling a gun, aiming it at a human and pulling the trigger is intent to kill and murder if that person dies.  This wasn't an accidental discharge.  Where is the proof the Zimmerman's life was in danger and that he did not approach Trayvon in a manner that threatened violence when the altercation occurred?  I haven't seen shit that proves Zimmerman didn't start the whole thing and based on the lead up it looks like he did.  There is clear evidence that he had the opportunity to engage his target or not and he chose to engage.  Given that a death was the result, there better be heaps of evidence that justify him killing someone in self-defense for him to walk on the whole deal and nothing has really been made public from what I can tell.  Since when can we run around shooting people and then leave it up to the dead victim to argue that they didn't deserve it?

Drunk drivers get harsher sentences when they cause an accident that kills somebody and that's a hell of a lot more of an accidental death than this was. 

Buddha

• Rep: -205

Will Easley

jimi420

« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-19/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-george-zimmerman-911-20120319_1_neighborhood-county-sheriff-s-office-crime-watch

according to this he was paranoid about black males which absolutely makes this about race because then he clearly did follow Trayvon based upon race.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:14 AM »
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-19/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-george-zimmerman-911-20120319_1_neighborhood-county-sheriff-s-office-crime-watch

according to this he was paranoid about black males which absolutely makes this about race because then he clearly did follow Trayvon based upon race.

Well he probably shouldn't have been following anyone, espicially against the 911 dispatchers orders. But if he was to be following someone, an unidentified young black male would have been the correct "type". That's who was breaking into houses in their neghborhood over and over again... Who should he have profiled instead? His elderly jewish neghbor?