Author Topic: Alex Olson of 3D  (Read 83044 times)

labor

• Rep: -26
Re: Alex Olson of 3D
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »
http://web.stagram.com/p/501064242662805010_7096090

Carroll says at the end "you're pretty funny." You can tell there both joking but it seems like there might be a little tension there.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013, 01:03:44 AM »
furrycalamari: You're kinda funny  16h

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »
I can see Alex Olson going to Krooked (no slap joke intended). He seems to be hanging with Gonz these days (look at his instagram).
Whatever happens he needs to go to a big brand or he will be fired from Nike soon, and then nobody will want to deal with him.

StFlour

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2013, 01:48:49 AM »
this is too much speculation to process.

StFlour

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2013, 02:10:48 AM »
he might go to Krooked so he can continue to not put out footage.

zoltan

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 02:21:52 AM »
he might go to Krooked so he can continue to not put out footage.

i havent really been following this so im not sure if its a prank or whatever but i could see alex riding for krooked. it appears he hangs out with the gonz since he lives in NYC, and like you said he wouldnt really need to put out footage
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:07:52 AM by zoltan »

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2013, 02:33:41 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Im a big fan of Olson's; I ? think he's got a great style and usually appreciate his attitude. I even backed the 3d move. But one thing gets me: lack of loyalty. The best and probably most respected name in skating snatched this guy up when I lot of people were too skeptical to really back him. Everyone knew he was talented in skating, but people wouldn't fully support him cause they didn't think he would come through. And then Lakai and Girl put this guy on an helped him build a helluva career. I can understand leaving lakai, even though Im sure it bumbed out Kelly Bird, Carroll etc, because of the financial payoff: it's hard to hold someone back from earning a big paycheck in such a financially sketchy career that could put them on solid footing for life. But board companies are kinda much more personal and revered. Im sure Rick and Mike were not too happy about it - if youll notice, Girl hasn't said shit and no one wished him anything on instagram.

3d was cool and made sense, however. In addition to hating big picture video productions (which Im sure he thought was aesthetically lame), he doesn't seem to like the hectic travel in a van with some people he probably doesnt care for and seems to have very little connection to the younger guard at girl/chocolate - he's friends with the older dudes. Totally makes sense. Join a small but rad company that's super marketable, will probably be less travel heavy and ride with a close friend in BA. But fucking Anderson over when he's just building a company and relying on you is kinda fucked. As they're rolling it out, you back out, if that's the case. That would just be flaking out on the people who built your career and then the people you were going to expand it with.

But if he doesn't join Fuckin Awesome (cringeworthy name) or remain on 3d (internet prank), I think he might of shipped back over to Girl. He has light hearted comment on his instagram (where else these days) about Carroll and him having it out. Maybe he asked back on he team. If not that, then I kinda lost some respect until I hear his take.

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:16 AM »
can you imbed that ^^ my mom's blocked tumblr on my laptop :(

haha, fuck.

haha, my gf would love to do that, too

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2013, 04:27:49 AM »

Im a big fan of Olson's; I ? think he's got a great style and usually appreciate his attitude. I even backed the 3d move. But one thing gets me: lack of loyalty. The best and probably most respected name in skating snatched this guy up when I lot of people were too skeptical to really back him. Everyone knew he was talented in skating, but people wouldn't fully support him cause they didn't think he would come through. And then Lakai and Girl put this guy on an helped him build a helluva career. I can understand leaving lakai, even though Im sure it bumbed out Kelly Bird, Carroll etc, because of the financial payoff: it's hard to hold someone back from earning a big paycheck in such a financially sketchy career that could put them on solid footing for life. But board companies are kinda much more personal and revered. Im sure Rick and Mike were not too happy about it - if youll notice, Girl hasn't said shit and no one wished him anything on instagram.

3d was cool and made sense, however. In addition to hating big picture video productions (which Im sure he thought was aesthetically lame), he doesn't seem to like the hectic travel in a van with some people he probably doesnt care for and seems to have very little connection to the younger guard at girl/chocolate - he's friends with the older dudes. Totally makes sense. Join a small but rad company that's super marketable, will probably be less travel heavy and ride with a close friend in BA. But fucking Anderson over when he's just building a company and relying on you is kinda fucked. As they're rolling it out, you back out, if that's the case. That would just be flaking out on the people who built your career and then the people you were going to expand it with.

But if he doesn't join Fuckin Awesome (cringeworthy name) or remain on 3d (internet prank), I think he might of shipped back over to Girl. He has light hearted comment on his instagram (where else these days) about Carroll and him having it out. Maybe he asked back on he team. If not that, then I kinda lost some respect until I hear his take.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2013, 04:40:27 AM »
could be a joke , if he lurks slap or even posts . Make a joke post and watch SLAP blow up with a 9 page thread about how much people love you or hate you .

light the fuse and watch the fireworks

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2013, 05:01:39 AM »

Nailedd itt!

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2013, 05:25:00 AM »
ummmm....remember the Instagram "press release" that announced BA's joining of Skate Mental, then subsequent departure only a few hours later?

Aren't we all well introduced to Staba's sense of humor by now? Especially when it comes to posting certain things up on the internet solely to instigate mass hysteria on internet messageboards?

I'll be very surprised if he's legitimately off.  

Agreed completely. It's just Staba being Staba messing with people to get the internet all abuzz and see how far people will run with it.

StFlour

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2013, 05:35:55 AM »
i could see olson being that disloyal.

BURRRPRINT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2013, 07:10:49 AM »
Olson is in it just for the $$$.

sasha basta

• Rep: -5
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2013, 08:04:14 AM »
fuck olsen, they finna put pappalardo on

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2013, 08:06:24 AM »
could be a joke , if he lurks slap or even posts . Make a joke post and watch SLAP blow up with a 9 page thread about how much people love you or hate you .

light the fuse and watch the fireworks

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »

nobodys finna put papplardo on.

sweet pee

• Rep: 115
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
Quartersnacks just confirmed where Alex is going. Not surprised at all...
https://twitter.com/quartersnacks/statuses/357337840138452993

sharkbarf

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:05 AM »
Forget Olson and "Pops".

They should put Ryan SUBLETTE on.

StFlour

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:36 AM »
Quartersnacks just confirmed where Alex is going. Not surprised at all...
https://twitter.com/quartersnacks/statuses/357337840138452993
YES

JPCanada

• Rep: 0
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2013, 08:39:05 AM »
Forget Olson and "Pops".

They should put Ryan SUBLETTE on.

Word

theradone

• Rep: 2
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
I think help is being sent to Ryan Sublette.

S.E.

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »

Randy + Andy + Help + Arizona + Sublette = Ryan Sublette on Send Help? yes please

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »

They might as well make little paper mache benches with their cash.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »

They might as well make little paper mache benches with their cash.

for real though puck fappalardo

motherfucker thinks he should be treated like a prince because he came out with a few great parts

sharkbarf

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2013, 09:35:14 AM »

Randy + Andy + Help + Arizona + Sublette = Ryan Sublette on Send Help? yes please

Not sure but dude would definitely fit with what BA is doing.

I just think that BA has a great opportunity to showcase unique dudes instead of just creating another home for dudes who have had a chance. That Alex kid rips but its probably good for both parties that he went off like that. Sort of like that awful girl youre just better off without.

A.J.K.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
Somewhat relevant, from Rob Pluhowski's insta....

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Great first post. You should post more often.

stab

• Rep: 0
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
Somewhat relevant, from Rob Pluhowski's insta....

pluhowski?????????????

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

Style Police

• Rep: 60
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2013, 10:09:49 AM »
u guys are sucka's.