Author Topic: Driving from Houston to Austin  (Read 1267 times)

The Nose Face

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
Driving from Houston to Austin
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
Anyone have any tips on what I should see in either city, or anything cool to check out inbetween?

Sights, breweries, restaurants, cool shops Etc.

I'll be with my lady, no board this time - but I wanna check out some skate shops as well.

Thank you in advance.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Driving from Houston to Austin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
I did that drive last year before Make A Wish.  There's a SHITLOAD of good barbecue.  that's first things first.  Go to BLACK'S BBQ.  I think it's in Lockhart.  as far as skating goes, hit up that Pflugerville park, and I also hit Marble Falls (has that fucked up ribbon thing) and and another one called Cottonwood something.  And go to HOUSE BBQ in Austin, it's right by the park.  Little hole in the wall BBQ joint.  And hit up No Comply Skate Shop.  Elias Bingham is a rad dude and holds it down for Austin.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:15:51 PM »
Thanks SteveDave - def. going to check those joints out.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »
im an idiot.  im listing skateparks and just saw that you wont have your board.  but yeah, definitely hit up BBQ spots and Austin also has a SHITLOAD of places to swim too....
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---