Author Topic: Talkin' MOB with DGKALIS  (Read 3247 times)

MostlyLurkin'

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
Talkin' MOB with DGKALIS
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
http://bcove.me/etrovnsa

Kalis footage is always appreciated.

KOOL MIKE LOVE

Re: Talkin' MOB with DGKALIS
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »
Fakie nosegrind flip god damn. I still havent seen kalis new dgk part and it bums me out

peewee

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
You mean fakie 5-0, fakie flip

And why don't you just buy the dgk video it isn't that pricey, just saying

sultsult

• Rep: -12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
that backside slappy was dope

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »
Kind of bummed to see Kalis backing that trashy patterned grip. I thought he was trend proof. Always stoked for footage though.

era

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »
I am genuinely going to be bummed when Kalis starts slowing down.  Lets hope not for a minute!

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
I am genuinely going to be bummed when Kalis starts slowing down.  Lets hope not for a minute!

hasn't started yet, still has the same style.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 07:42:49 PM »
I was thinking about posting this clip but starting threads in here is potential for suicide...on to your comment, I'm also going to get really bummed and when I watched the video I thought, "How does this guy keep it going for so long and not get injured or burnt out?" 

I know he's not jumping down stairs, but isn't he 36-38ish?  Lots of pros fade by then.  Your knees and ankles give out.  His skating is still on point.  Great clip!

KOOL MIKE LOVE

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 08:03:20 PM »
You mean fakie 5-0, fakie flip

And why don't you just buy the dgk video it isn't that pricey, just saying

yes thats what i mean and no i dont have money

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
from the kickflip up the steps to start it i knew that shit was gonna be hot

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
god that grip is heinous

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 10:08:45 PM »
"It's really grippy" - Chris Cole

"Extremely grippy" - Nyjah Huston

"Super grippy" - Curren Caples

Truly amazing testimonials.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 11:06:52 PM »

A testament to the levels of literacy and intelligence present in skateboarding today. Stay in school, kids.

Kalis is the man. 360 flip was tight, slappy was bomb, and I loved the alleyoop bigspin tailslide. He did another at Radio Korea recently; also sick.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 02:42:50 AM »
Kind of bummed to see Kalis backing that trashy patterned grip. I thought he was trend proof. Always stoked for footage though.

the trend nowadays is just random colored grip with like cheetah print and shit on a shaped board, Kalis' grip in this was like DGK graffiti, not exactly the trend you're referring to.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 02:43:26 AM »
Kalis will always be the best in my eyes, on and off the board.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 04:01:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the trend nowadays is just random colored grip with like cheetah print and shit on a shaped board, Kalis' grip in this was like DGK graffiti, not exactly the trend you're referring to.

I know exactly what you mean but I was actually referring to the sort of branded grip that is everywhere now. The Thrasher grip you always see David Gonzalez with or that awful grizzly stuff and obviously shake junt, special mention goes to zero stuff that Cole uses which I find the most offensive of all for some unknown reason. Any company logo I guess is what bothers me. People doing their own grip art is cool and to each their own but something seems so money grabbing and crass about logos on top of the board. It seems to me like the sort of thing some guy who was totally clueless about the industry would suggest "hey you can't even see the logos when they are riding the board! Put some on top!!" the whole thing is kind of gross.

No hate on Kalis though. One of the best.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 04:35:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A testament to the levels of literacy and intelligence present in skateboarding today. Stay in school, kids.

Kalis is the man. 360 flip was tight, slappy was bomb, and I loved the alleyoop bigspin bs tailslide. He did another at Radio Korea recently; also sick.

Fixed

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 04:42:13 AM »
only acceptable graphic tape

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
damn that was a proper nollie tre.

not many can execute a stylish one.

alka-seltzer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Expand Quote
only acceptable graphic tape

[close]

There's a dude in my hometown still rocking one of the naked chick graphics by Roofies. Anyone remember the weed one?

you better believe it buddy.
Dill discovered the fountain of puberty.

spaghetti western

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »
thanks kalis

needed that

KOOL MIKE LOVE

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Kalis is the man. 360 flip was tight, slappy was bomb, and I loved the alleyoop bigspin tailslide. He did another at Radio Korea recently; also sick.

what the fuck else are they suppose to say.

fuck school, go skate kids

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
I'm skating Jessup and it sucks. D:

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was thinking about posting this clip but starting threads in here is potential for suicide...on to your comment, I'm also going to get really bummed and when I watched the video I thought, "How does this guy keep it going for so long and not get injured or burnt out?" 

I know he's not jumping down stairs, but isn't he 36-38ish?  Lots of pros fade by then.  Your knees and ankles give out.  His skating is still on point.  Great clip!

So true.  I once started a thread that was a link to actual people riding skateboards.  I got slammed so hard, right off the first page.  I was ridiculed.  Then those very same people went on to discuss the skaters that were in the same webcast that I put up the link for.  The messed up part is they have no interest in the actual act of skating.  They would much rather go on forever about if the guy is gay or straight, or what type of shoes he wears.  PPL on here don't seem to want to know about actual skating.  It's kinda fucked.
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

spaghetti western

• Rep: 0
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So true.  I once started a thread that was a link to actual people riding skateboards.  I got slammed so hard, right off the first page.  I was ridiculed.  Then those very same people went on to discuss the skaters that were in the same webcast that I put up the link for.  The messed up part is they have no interest in the actual act of skating.  They would much rather go on forever about if the guy is gay or straight, or what type of shoes he wears.  PPL on here don't seem to want to know about actual skating.  It's kinda fucked.

cry me a river, i bet u don't even sk8

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am genuinely going to be bummed when Kalis starts slowing down.  Lets hope not for a minute!
[close]

I know he's not jumping down stairs, but isn't he 36-38ish?  Lots of pros fade by then.  Your knees and ankles give out.  His skating is still on point.  Great clip!
[close]

So true.  I once started a thread that was a link to actual people riding skateboards.  I got slammed so hard, right off the first page.  I was ridiculed.  Then those very same people went on to discuss the skaters that were in the same webcast that I put up the link for.  The messed up part is they have no interest in the actual act of skating.  They would much rather go on forever about if the guy is gay or straight, or what type of shoes he wears.  PPL on here don't seem to want to know about actual skating.  It's kinda fucked.

Holy shit, is this you standing up for Tracer?!

Expand Quote
shitty thread about someone who made shitty threads
[close]

Some of his posts did suck, but he got goofed on a lot.  I saw many reasonable posts that people slammed him on.  Now that he's gone I kind of miss those stupid threads.

I know how he prolly felt.  I created a thread regarding a contest online.  I was slammed and spammed off the first page within minutes.  Although the very same skaters I was watching were name checked in many other threads.  It seems when it's time to talk shit, everyone is raring to go, but when it comes to the actual act of riding a Skateboard, no one wants to know, but If it's gossip about those very same skaters.  Everyone loves it.  Seems most don't like Skating, they just enjoy the endless shit talk that goes along with it.  

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:24:52 AM by MostlyLurkin' »

Shredsledder

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
I'd skate mob if someone was giving me free shoes.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
YES. Kalis is in fine fucking form. He makes park footy look like it's in the streets. The Sunz of Man track was the cherry on top.

tech pwc

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 11:37:31 PM »
YES. Kalis is in fine fucking form. He makes park footy look like it's in the streets. The Sunz of Man track was the cherry on top.