Author Topic: leo valls sidewalk cover  (Read 4574 times)

nino brown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
leo valls sidewalk cover
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:03:49 PM »

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: leo valls sidewalk cover
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
powerslide huh? you don't say!

A.J.K.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
This is actually pretty sick.

Shouldn't there be another two bolts on the 'K' though?

alka-seltzer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »
This is actually pretty sick.

Shouldn't there be another two bolts on the 'K' though?

i would say put em on the "L"
Dill discovered the fountain of puberty.

A.J.K.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »
Yep, my bad, meant 'L'. 

spaghetti western

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
two dots on the l? there should be six more dots if the goal was to make the word look like a skateboard.

also, rad.

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »
I don't understand it. I don't like it. I don't like Mr. Valls and his crap. There is only room in skateboarding for one Leo and that's Leo Romero.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
That's rad and seems extremely difficult/scary to try.

I like the photo too

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
I don't understand it. I don't like it. I don't like Mr. Valls and his crap. There is only room in skateboarding for one Leo and that's Leo Romero.

noone1234

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahaha that reminds me of this.

regardless, i like seeing "original/creative" skating and i back the fuck out of gou miyagi(whom makes richie jackson look like chaz ortiz) and chopper, etc. but i just can't get into leo valls. it doesn't work for me, he seems like the biggest "try-hard" since arne stein. and yes i read that internet interview he had with that sequence of him doing a switch flip over pretty much nothing and then rolling down some stairs switch and i hated it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:45:04 PM by noone1234 »

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 07:50:39 PM »
the power slide to lip slide was my favorite thing to do at the K-Mart curb when I was 12...even landed a few of them

Years on, doing the backside one going up hill at the pulaski ledge was very fun...even landed a few of those.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
Great picture all around, never seen one quite like that.

The first and best Leo part imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAr7yEafcSg
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:35:01 PM by botefdunn »

spaghetti western

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

regardless, i like seeing "original/creative" skating and i back the fuck out of gou miyagi(whom makes richie jackson look like chaz ortiz) and chopper, etc. but i just can't get into leo valls. it doesn't work for me, he seems like the biggest "try-hard" since arne stein. and yes i read that internet interview he had with that sequence of him doing a switch flip over pretty much nothing and then rolling down some stairs switch and i hated it.

okay, but... he's styling on you so hard... even harder after you released that ass cloud of an accusation into the ethos. dude's skating low-impact and having fun. being conservative with his joints and shit, and giving you style to chew on. if you don't like it, go watch nyjah. the CHOICE is yours. but quit whining, ruining everybody's good time. you goof.

spaghetti western

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »

damn, blocked in my country? DAMNED CORPORATIONS

shit_for_brains

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »
Gimmick

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
this guy trys so hard to skate like a japanese person but doesn't pull it off whatsoever

noone1234

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 09:06:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

okay, but... he's styling on you so hard... even harder after you released that ass cloud of an accusation into the ethos. dude's skating low-impact and having fun. being conservative with his joints and shit, and giving you style to chew on. if you don't like it, go watch nyjah. the CHOICE is yours. but quit whining, ruining everybody's good time. you goof.

i am the king of ruining everybody's good time and i wouldn't call it stylin, i call it being lazy. it looks like he isn't skating to his full potential, like he's holding back almost. which brings me to another argument that he should not be pro. his skating reminds me of that dude that pioneered nollie frontside feeble grinds on rails, dropped off for a few years and then came back with footage that was complete garbage, i dont even remember his name, mark gutterman? but somebody on here said something along the lines of, "there's a difference between original skating and just being lazy." if leo valls is pro material, then we should just give genesis evans a signature video game and then the very integrity of being a pro skater would be compromised....if it isn't already. and i would rather eat my own hemorrhoids than watch mr. incest.

spaghetti western

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i am the king of ruining everybody's good time and i wouldn't call it stylin, i call it being lazy. it looks like he isn't skating to his full potential, like he's holding back almost. which brings me to another argument that he should not be pro. his skating reminds me of that dude that pioneered nollie frontside feeble grinds on rails, dropped off for a few years and then came back with footage that was complete garbage, i dont even remember his name, mark gutterman? but somebody on here said something along the lines of, "there's a difference between original skating and just being lazy." if leo valls is pro material, then we should just give genesis evans a signature video game and then the very integrity of being a pro skater would be compromised....if it isn't already. and i would rather eat my own hemorrhoids than watch mr. incest.

this is about to become some "is skateboarding art or is it a sport?" debate in which i would like absolutely no part. because it's both.

noone1234

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

this is about to become some "is skateboarding art or is it a sport?" debate in which i would like absolutely no part. because it's both.

agreed. argument over. some people prefer some art to other types of art......no matter how wrong they may be.  :-*

spaghetti western

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

agreed. argument over. some people prefer some art to other types of art......no matter how wrong they may be.  :-*

i would love to see p rod recreate a leo valls line. not saying he couldn't. but definitely saying it wouldn't look as good.

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
oh no what if he bumped his head  :(

noone1234

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i would love to see p rod recreate a leo valls line. not saying he couldn't. but definitely saying it wouldn't look as good.

you don't know that. and i thought this fist fight was over.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 11:21:10 PM »
genesis evans pro sk8er? i would buy a game system to play that

noone1234

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
genesis evans pro sk8er? i would buy a game system to play that

fuck what did i doooooooo?

ChewyPoo

• Rep: -5
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 11:29:46 PM »
Fuck you guys blow. This photos epic cant wait to see it in the vid probably gunna have to wait till its on theories though.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

damn, blocked in my country? DAMNED CORPORATIONS

^ Vimeo version just for you...

And yes botefdunn, it's a great part - but I wouldn't go that far.
Taillandier's edition work is top.

LEO VALLS GOES PRO - 2009 on Vimeo

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:51:23 PM by Cosme »

Rodolphe Valentin

• Rep: -4
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 12:57:51 AM »

Dude is the best, end of the debate! Stylin' on everybody's game, creating a sick new movement in skateboarding and havin' mad fun doin it!

This cover is the best cover i've seen in ages. Top steez/idea.

KOOL MIKE LOVE

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
that photo is tight

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 02:09:26 AM »
edit was nice, but there is no excuse for mongo.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »

Dude is the best, end of the debate! Stylin' on everybody's game, creating a sick new movement in skateboarding and havin' mad fun doin it!

This cover is the best cover i've seen in ages. Top steez/idea.

leo looks great on a skateboard and is having fun while he's doing it.