Author Topic: Montreal  (Read 10536 times)

FilmJerz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Montreal
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
  Going to Montreal soon.  Looking for suggestions on some spots to check out and cool parks places to eat anything you suggest checking out.   I have been there a couple years ago to alot of popular spots. Was trying to find a couple specific spots and whatever you suggest.  Anyone on here from Montreal area?   Any help is much appreciated.

dinosaur

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Montreal
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:39 AM »
check out the spotbook on www.dimemtl.com they got pretty much everything mapped out. You're gonna have a blast man. Good spots, fun nightlife, hot chicks and great weed. Super cheap too!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:39:57 AM »
For food hit Schwartz, legendary for their smoked meat. A bit of tourist trap, but a place that must be experienced like Katz or Carnegie in NYC.

FilmJerz

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »
Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.  Does anyone on here live around or in Montreal?   Also I forgot to ask if anyone knows any DIY spots and does anyone know any Pools that are skateable.   Thanks again

FilmJerz

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
https://vimeo.com/64526441

does anyone know where those pools are

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »
MTL has an subway system, perfect for getting spot to spot. They hate English people so I hope you have a thick skin

Visit Big O, and get a subway daypass= recipe for victory

FilmJerz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 06:45:51 AM »
Yea big O is sick I've been there before definately gonna go there again. Does anyone know where any of them pools are at. Or that spot you grind from cement to cement on small bank in ace tricks video.  Ill post photos later.  Feel free to message me thanks any help is much appreciated

FilmJerz

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »

montreal spot by newjerz44, on Flickr

anyone know where this spot is at?

quickie1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 04:02:54 PM »
The bank is downtown montreal. It's in an alleyway near Dunn's close to Sainte-Catherine and Metcalfe I think. The alley is between Mansfield and Metcalfe if I'm not mistaken. The closest subway station is Bonaventure, just go uphill from there and you'll be very close. Maybe a 3 minute walk.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »
Staying in Boucherville next week, assuming it's too gross out to skate, I need suggestions on what to do besides eat smoked meat sandwiches, poutine, and throw away cash at strip clubs.  My friend who lives there suggested Chinatown.  If I could find a nice, cheap winter jacket I'd be stoked.  There wouldn't be any good bands or parties happening that close to Xmas, eh?

pantless

• Rep: 13
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »
It's fucking snowy here, so you can skate at South Parc.

Smoked meat and poutine are good and all, but you can do so much better here. If you need smoked meat, Schwartz's is the best. You can get poutine anywhere, it's not a biggie. Go to Romados on the plateau and get some Portuguese roasted chicken, it's delicious. If you want good asian food (this is reasonably priced Japanese food), go to Kazu on Ste Catherine near Concordia Metro. Well worth the wait at the door, they're only open for lunch and dinner. GaNaDaRa is in the same area and is a good backup option, it's delicious, nice spot, and shockingly cheap. They do Korean street food inspired stuff. Avenue is a great brunch spot on the plateau, but again, there are often lineups on the weekend.

I'm a fat fuck.

Crescent street is good for clubbing with douchebags and fake ass idiot Cegep girls. St Laurent and St Denis has more choices for clubs. There are a ton of good bars all over the place. If you wanna get hammered and shameless, go to Foufs. If you wanna get some drinks and have a good time, distillerie is good.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 01:32:36 PM »
Might visit Montreal this next weekend. Anyone have a recommendation on the best skatepark to shred? I'll have a car too so if it's a little out of the city I could maybe venture there. Any other tips are appreciated too! thanks.

Brett

• Rep: -14
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
South Parc, Le Taz and out back of Le Taz is the best DIY spot you will ever skate!

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
I'm currently living there and pretty much just like everybody else said... Check the dimemtl.com site for good spots. Parks here are kind of odd other than the project 45. Check out parc Prefontaine its right outside the metro station Prefontaine and also has that steep bank spot right beside it. For food, they got the essentials but check out a new place on Mont Royal called L'Entrepot. Everything on the menu is 5 bucks and its legit. Good beers there too.

Whoever said that they hate english people is pretty stupid. At this point its like 60% english in the downtown area and you'll get by fine without speaking french. Obviously you will run into assholes but that happens everywhere.

Have fun out there, drink cheap beers and go out and meet hot girls(they're everywhere).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:09:02 PM by Jake "The Snake" Roberts »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 11:20:05 PM »
Best skate city on Earth in the summer, not for skateparks though. Great underground, great people, but if you're an Anglophone you're hated by most civilians. Montreal doesn't have skateparks yet, so forget that. People go for the big o but noone can skate that, MTL was better 6 years ago but there's spots all over, especially in the burbs. If you only have afew days MTL downtown will satisfy any skate needs, dick needs, or liquor needs. Quebec doesnt build boring rectangular homes like all of NA, they call themselves the Europen capital of Canada for a reason.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
Thanks guys! Yeah, I don't have any friends there who skate so street skating alone...not sure how much I'll do aside from cruise haha. Skating an indoor park - Dunno about that. Do you have to wear helmets at those? Seems like maybe I'll just lurk. It's actually my birthday weekend so I'm taking the day off work. Kind of debating on just having 4 leisurely days in NYC or cruising up to Montreal.

FYI August 23rd is national go topless day. NYC, Montreal, and most capitals will be having boobie marches.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:44:21 AM by sexualhelon »

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 03:38:28 PM »
Sorry for grave digging this thread.

I'm in Montreal for a few days, what's the go-to skate shop to spend my filthy tourist non-french speaking money? I'm staying downtown so most of the spots I want to check out are reasonably close.

fireslut

• Rep: 2
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 06:28:32 AM »
Dime is the only shop you need. www.dimemtl.com

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 06:40:20 AM »
unfortunatly, the only shops un mtl are Rollin in Hochelaga and empire (active type of shop). The best shop is palm isle wich is located un st-lambert, � suburb 10min outside of downtown mtl. As for the spots, gotta stop at th� mandatory parc Lafontaine ledges, peace park Manny pads and th� Olympic stadium. Get some wide wheels and just cruise around town... Don't ne afraid of pour shitty asphalt !

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:43:42 AM by Julz »

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 08:10:41 AM »
MTL has an subway system, perfect for getting spot to spot. They hate English people so I hope you have a thick skin

Why do they hate people from England?

slapshakle

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »
As for the spots, gotta stop at th� mandatory parc Lafontaine ledges, peace park Manny pads and th� Olympic stadium.

I managed to find all of these spots while just cruising around today. Olympic Stadium has more spots in itself than some cities. I'm very impressed with Montreal, there seems to be a good spot on every block.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 03:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote
As for the spots, gotta stop at th� mandatory parc Lafontaine ledges, peace park Manny pads and th� Olympic stadium.
[close]

I managed to find all of these spots while just cruising around today. Olympic Stadium has more spots in itself than some cities. I'm very impressed with Montreal, there seems to be a good spot on every block.

Manage to get any footage?

slapshakle

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Manage to get any footage?

Unfortunately not, I'm traveling with my girlfriend and I'm not sure how good she is using the VX haha. I just took a bunch of general skate tourist photos.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »

A lot of people seem to hate you on here, do you think that's also because you're english?

Get some St. Viateur or Fairmount bagels and cream cheese at 4am, get some vietnamese sandwiches down in Chinatown, get some $1.30 Falafels at Nilufar on St. Catherines, Montreal has great, cheap food. Check out St. Joseph's oratory for a cool touristy thing to do and a great view, you can bring your board and go bomb hills in Westmount afterwards.

Toilet Boy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »
Check out TRSH BAR on Saint Laurent. Indoor bowl. Free to skate. Bands. Cheap shitty beer. Doors open late I think.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 09:33:03 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcTMA5C-Aqo

can someone PM the location of the spot at 1:50?
im guessing its mtl based on the skater and look of the surrounding apts.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcTMA5C-Aqo

can someone PM the location of the spot at 1:50?
im guessing its mtl based on the skater and look of the surrounding apts.

pretty sure that one is capped

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 06:36:40 AM »

pretty sure that one is capped

but where is it capped... that bank looks like tons of fun.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Love Skate mag

• Rep: 9
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 08:00:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do they hate people from England?

That is def not true, half of MTL population is English. It can be true if you are going in other city in Quebec tho. Cause they don't use to speak English.