Author Topic: a sentimental journey with mikey taylor  (Read 2793 times)

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
Re: a sentimental journey with mikey taylor
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's funny to me because I have a friend in the beer industry who knows the Saint Archer guys and they told them that their goal is not to have the best beer ever, but be a stepping stone beer from people who drink just budwesiers and coors and beers like that.
[close]

Isn't that what most 'craft beer' is about?
[close]

no

As floop said, and I'm not claiming I'm a beer expert, but someone that only has drinken buds isn't going to like a double IPA or a sour or something like that so, no, that's not what most craft beer is about. I've heard that their IPA is just average and nothing special and that's fine if their not aiming for the smaller die hard beer lover crowd, but it's silly to hear Mikey Taylor talking about how they're trying to make award winning beer.

Irvine-Sucks.com

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »
i love how he says 'this is who I am, don't fuck with me' about being a skateboarder when he was young

I can't think of anyone I'd be more happy to 'fuck with' than this guy

I mean I've nothing really against him, but come on, how can he seriously say 'don't fuck with me' to anyone other than a girl scout

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 04:25:39 AM »
That was such a berrics video. bleh. Id rather watch a dumb budweiser commercial than this shit.

I think itd be great if tyler and mikey left alien for girl. Tylers down with carroll and rickk, im sure they can make something happen.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:29:31 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

falcon stomp

• Rep: -15
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 07:18:41 AM »
SAINT ARCHER YACHT CLUB
that clip makes me wanna stop drinking..

fine now

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 07:39:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's funny to me because I have a friend in the beer industry who knows the Saint Archer guys and they told them that their goal is not to have the best beer ever, but be a stepping stone beer from people who drink just budwesiers and coors and beers like that.
[close]

Isn't that what most 'craft beer' is about?
[close]

no
[close]

As floop said, and I'm not claiming I'm a beer expert, but someone that only has drinken buds isn't going to like a double IPA or a sour or something like that so, no, that's not what most craft beer is about. I've heard that their IPA is just average and nothing special and that's fine if their not aiming for the smaller die hard beer lover crowd, but it's silly to hear Mikey Taylor talking about how they're trying to make award winning beer.

it's also absurd that they don't show the beer, or talk about the beer at all.  i think this company is going to face a huge challenge if they take this marketing approach.  like someone said, it's mostly 14 year olds who are going to be into this, who can't buy beer, and by the time they are old enough to get someone to buy them beer they will probably not buy archer.

if they're trying to get the older 20's-40's demographic of people interested in craft beer this is pretty laughable.  it would be like starting a car company and doing a 5 minute video of Tiger Woods talking about how he got started golfing.  do they really think this video is going to make people want to buy their beer? 

there are so many cheesy brands popping up now trying to cash in on the beer craze.  thinking that simply attaching some celebrity or sports star will sell beer (like the Iron Maiden beer, or the stupid Ace Frehley beer company [that guy doesn't even drink beer])
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 07:50:39 AM »
Oh my god, that was hard to watch.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »
i butt chugged some saint archer, slicked back my hair, rolled up my pants and rode off into my 30s

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »
Couldn't make it through. Congrats to those brave souls that could.

BALT

• Rep: -28
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 08:51:25 AM »
I've never felt that he fits well on Alien.