Author Topic: we need sales.... PUT A WEED LEAF ON IT !!  (Read 9600 times)

BBNewBN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -121
Re: we need sales.... PUT A WEED LEAF ON IT !!
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »
It is commonly know that this is what companies do when they are dyeing. It is best to stick with a company that will stick with you and knows how to operate. Advocating drugs to kids isn't what a structured company would be about. They should be about american values view through the eyes of the skater. It is clear that people here on slap know this and will be there in the end for the cause.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2013, 09:32:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I think we need poppy plant fashion. 
[close]

heroin skateboards hurhurhurhurhurhurhur
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »
The elwood weed shirt is pretty blatently trying to be marketed to those who think repping weed that hard is cool. I personally think that some weed-related graphics can be cool, but dousing a shirt in plant leaves randomly isn't the way to do it.

I like josh matthews pro board, he lives in san fran and i just got back from there and i was offered weed by half the people walking down the street. Its what a lot of people do, including skateboarders cuz when your skating for a living you have a lot of free time. I like smoking fatty j's for breakfast, have a cup of coffee and smoke another, then another on the way to the spot. I love weed, but i think putting it on fashion just to make money is pretty tacky.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »
I always thought LRG and Organika were a lil classy with a "this might be a weed reference, it might not be" graphics they put out every once in a while... Pot life design are usually corny. Besides isn't rose print the big thing now anyway?

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
but it's still better than all those stupid flip flop stickers...I mean, whats that about, "I wear flip flops so I got a flip flop sticker on my car" big whoop ::)
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Concrete Wave 95

• Rep: -2
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure PacSun is the new owner of Elwood. I was on the Elwood site a week or 2 ago, and PacSun had a big pop up open the second the page open. If that's the case, this really doesn't surprise me.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »
It's funny.. new Thrasher has an article about this.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »
What about heroin meth or crack culture?

I want to be able to buy bloody needle socks and an empty pen and aluminium foil bucket hat.
julien was onto it decades ago.

D. Bag

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
What about heroin meth or crack culture?

I want to be able to buy bloody needle socks and an empty pen and aluminium foil bucket hat.
[close]
julien was onto it decades ago.

Had two of those, fucking loved that deck.  Julien going pro back then was some big shit, always backed that dude from day one.