Author Topic: Just moved to Portland hmu sk8rz  (Read 4758 times)

43s&slappies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Just moved to Portland hmu sk8rz
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:00:44 AM »
I moved to Portland from Phoenix about a week ago. I have a good idea of the parks already; so far I've hit up Glen Haven, Brooklyn, Burnside, Gabriel, Pier, and the new Beaverton park. Basically been skating everyday and it'd be sick to get some sessions in with any fellow slappers in the area. I left a pretty solid crew back in AZ so if anyone wants to hit up some spots and film together I'd be more than stoked.

Also, if anyone here needs a roommate, just throwin that out there

egbert

• Rep: 10
Re: Just moved to Portland hmu sk8rz
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »
The Unheard office is right by Brooklyn Street, so you'll probably run into those guys frequently.  They're good people.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
Feel free to email me, I'm pretty sure it's linked below my avatar. I'm down to skate most of the time. Fair warning, I'm old and not very goal oriented toward skateboarding, it's just fun. If I hear of anyone looking for a roommate, I'll let you know. 

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »
not in portland but glenhaven is my fav park ever, ed benedict is cool too

dkn

• Rep: -24
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 12:25:01 AM »
i don't live there anymore but i was always a regular at ed benedict and burnside

JohnnyQueef

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Just moved here also. Been skating Brooklyn as much as possible and will do so until the weather turns shitty--finding lines in that small section is the goddamn best.

I'd be down for a session, but with school and laziness I don't do much more than park-sharking.

Question for locs: Anyone know how that unheard ramp membership works? First heard about it and thought you had to know the right people, but I got invited over there recently and the guy mentioned he has a Paypal set up and the code was emailed to him.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »
Just moved here also. Been skating Brooklyn as much as possible and will do so until the weather turns shitty--finding lines in that small section is the goddamn best.

I'd be down for a session, but with school and laziness I don't do much more than park-sharking.

Question for locs: Anyone know how that unheard ramp membership works? First heard about it and thought you had to know the right people, but I got invited over there recently and the guy mentioned he has a Paypal set up and the code was emailed to him.
I don't think it is super exclusive. The Unheard warehouse is right next to Brooklyn St. They could probably get you straightened out.

Edit: the small section at Brooklyn St. is so deceiving, and fun.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:54:42 PM by pinche gringo »

johnn

• Rep: 22
  • twitty
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
i just moved here too if anybody wants to meet up and skate. been going to glenhaven pretty regularly
I vaguely recall a big brawl outside with me getting head-butted by Kurtis Colamonico
Club Monaco killin' it

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
*bump*
Visting portland the first week of March.
Any changes or new things I should check out?

BRO

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
*bump*
Visting portland the first week of March.
Any changes or new things I should check out?

Brooklyn street has been razed, but there is a newish park in Beaverton that's pretty fun if it's not too crowded.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
Happy Valley is fun if it's not crowded too.

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 09:49:24 PM »
Never been there but its definitely in my bucket list. Hung out with a local from there named Brigham (im sure Burnside dudes might know him), when him and his fiance were traveling here in Thailand. Took him to some parks and a bowl built by the FELEM crew. Definitely stoked to one day check out Portland, OR, looks like a fucking beautiful state.

Anyways,

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
based off portlandia and the internet, portland seems interesting

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
Spend a day skating around downtown. Lincoln high up on 14th is a staple spot and during the summer there's always people skating. During the school year you'll be asked to leave but you can go back after 5ish when the teachers left. There's a ton of spots in downtown that you have to find by wandering around. Check out the Park Blocks manny pad on Salmon right next to the 9 stair. Keller fountain is a great with a couple of many pads plus a few water gaps but during the summer watch out for homeless bathers and little kids with parents. 13th is a great street to skate down just watch for all the pedestrians and cars, it's kinda crazy on that street. Burnside is in process of being paved so there's the possibility of bombing it but I would recommend late night early morning, between 1am and 3am. Benedict plaza is the best park around the city except for when there's little kids swearing and shooting you with nerf guns.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
Gonna be in Portland Sunday through Friday...forecast says it should be dry lots of the time.  PM yer boy if anybody wants to go street skating. 

wheee!

Aint

• Rep: -4
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 12:07:44 AM »
Moving to Portland at the end of this month. Looking for some ppl to skate and get clips with. Really enjoyed skating ed benedict park when I was last there. Looking to skate some spots.

N.L.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 09:09:14 AM »

Times are a changing...