Author Topic: Weekend Buzz: Geoff Rowley and Chase Gabor  (Read 80671 times)

railchomper420

Re: Weekend Buzz: Geoff Rowley and Chase Gabor
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »
wow chase is soo fucking creepy

he acts like such a passive aggressive pussy whos actually psycho, and the ONE story he finds acceptable to tell is the most fucked up shit ive heard

and just like rowley, the yoon thing made me not wanna finish my beer (i still did, obviously)

and like someone else said Rowley doesn't deserve to have to sit next to the sodimizer. weekend buzz is tight, know I now to watch out and never go to the berrics

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
Can't hate on you brink. I agree with the fact that there's literally no good way to deal with a situation like that given the position you're in.
where is home?

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »
Brink - I can understand professionally you can't just blow off the interview and take the dude out. That makes sense, your response in the thread was just slightly off putting but I get that your integrity could be put on the line depending on your reactions to guests. In all reality nobody needs to answer to us (THOUGH BERRA WILL EVENTUALLY) and I appreciate you doing so.

That said, I agree with my fellow slappers and think that Chase is a sadist who I'd never let follow behind me with a 15 pound HD camcorder.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »
imagine sitting at an interview and asking questions, and suddenly this is the answer. i mean, how would you deal with that, out of the blue? i guess brink handled it like most people, trying to nonchalantly go on whilst thinking to himself "oh fuck, what did i just hear?" and somehow trying to rescue the situation.

i mean, the other option would of course have been to simply throw the table and yell "i`m outta here" and just leave.

but then rowley and erica would have been alone with chase, and who knows what kind of tools were laying around on the set.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2013, 11:52:59 PM »
imagine sitting at an interview and asking questions, and suddenly this is the answer. i mean, how would you deal with that, out of the blue? i guess brink handled it like most people, trying to nonchalantly go on whilst thinking to himself "oh fuck, what did i just hear?" and somehow trying to rescue the situation.

i mean, the other option would of course have been to simply throw the table and yell "i`m outta here" and just leave.

but then rowley and erica would have been alone with chase, and who knows what kind of tools were laying around on the set.

brink responded professionally. chase ratted himself out. and whichever family member thought that was a funny, mentionable story is part of the problem.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote
He'll Chase ya with a screwdriver...
It's fucked up that after he told the story he was laughing about it. He could've easily said, "no, I'd rather not tell this story either" or do we blame the editor? What was he thinking while going through the footage? Oh this story about putting a screwdriver through a kid is hilarious that's going in the show for sure? Either way I'm steering clear of that Chase fella. I can't even look at a screwdriver the same anymore, I'm sorry Brink.
[close]
WHICH END WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Ha! Yeah right, we both know no one would have a choice.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2013, 02:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks for the answer and good luck with Element, I guess you must have a lot to do with them.

Concerning the story with Chase, I think nobody here has any idea of what or when it actually happened, if Chase made some excuses, or if he is in good terms with said boy. Maybe Chase was 12 and the boy was 10, which is no excuse, but everybody here is acting like Chase did it yesterday to a 10 year old boy after giving him some candies...

The way Chase told that story is still quite eshocking, because it seems like no big deal, but I find everybody here judging quite fast on a story in which we know absolutely no details.

That being said, I'm not defending neither Brink (who needs no defense), nor Chase who is definitely a creepy motherfucker that works for another creepy guy.

Now I'd like to know if "Useless Wooden Bench" has ever been molested by Chase.
[close]

I know you said "which is no excuse," but why even mention it then?  Being sexually assaulted or raped by another child doesn't make it any less traumatic for the victim.  That kid doesn't walk home and go "Well that sucked, but good thing it was only a 12 year old!  If he was 30, then I'd be traumatized!  I'm a-ok now!"

I get what you're saying, and I totally agree, I'm just saying that people here are judging Chase on something he done probably more than 10 years ago as if it was yesterday. People change, for the worse and for the better.

I know a lot of people that seriously fucked up when they were young, and they radically changed and act better than most of us. (I also know a shit ton of people that fucked up when they were young and continue to fuck up to this day). Maybe he got on trouble due to this story back then, maybe he paid his dues and hasn't "fucked up" anymore, maybe that little boy was a fucking joke on a scooter and did bad things to Chase.

What I just want to say is 1) It's difficult to judge somebody on something you know nothing about. 2) Chase is a fucking creepy motherfucker for telling this story the way he did. 3) I'd love Enjoi or Fucking Awesome, or whoever to make a screwdriver board graphic

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »
Chase's grandpa just wanted him to talk about some bomb ass birdhouses  they made together back in the day and how much of an ace he was with the screwdriver, but then this happened.......

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2013, 05:53:57 AM »
Slappers all butt hurt about a bit of ass driving.

Bunch of pussies.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »
I get what you're saying, and I totally agree, I'm just saying that people here are judging Chase on something he done probably more than 10 years ago as if it was yesterday. People change, for the worse and for the better.

All the questions he refused to answer seemed sexual and not things he did as a kid. And I don't think it's a stretch to think they might be worse than the screwdriver story since that's the only one he felt comfortable telling.

As someone who works in behavioral health with children that story is really disturbing--it falls way out of the scope of normal messed up things kids do.

Brink seems like a good guy though, saying things like if I could go back I'd handle it differently is a grown up thing to say.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
whoa damn this thread really grew, i was just coming back to bump it again

but wait

brink came on?  sick!

wait what

you guys blame him for this now

did you guys forget that

chase gabour stuck a screwdriver in his neighbors ass, and literally used the words "sodomize" when describing it openly

FrankAdams

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »

chase gabour stuck a screwdriver in his neighbors ass, and literally used the words "sodomize" when describing it openly

I don't think anyone blames him for what Chase admitted to. Although, I've still not seen anything from Koston or Berra, perhaps they support this kind of thing, no idea.

They blame him for not only his essential non-reaction but the crassness of what he was finally able to spit out. They also blame him for his striving for derailment and his not accepting of responsibility for that said derailment, which is a pretty sick thing to do. Perhaps that comes for working for this part of the industry, who knows.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2013, 09:35:26 PM »
Brink, Brink, Brink,

So disappointed.

Now Heath will never do the show.  Would you mind texting him once a week and asking him to be on?  Then post the replies here.  Hope Element treats you right, and that the paycheck is worth it.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2013, 11:38:44 PM »
Element is cool because Paul Schmitt can put on his lab coat and explain the science of tools and tool rape to us laypeople.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't think anyone blames him for what Chase admitted to. Although, I've still not seen anything from Koston or Berra, perhaps they support this kind of thing, no idea.

They blame him for not only his essential non-reaction but the crassness of what he was finally able to spit out. They also blame him for his striving for derailment and his not accepting of responsibility for that said derailment, which is a pretty sick thing to do. Perhaps that comes for working for this part of the industry, who knows.

What the fuck? What was he supposed to do? Punch the guy?

He handled it fine. This is a show where people get drunk and have some skate/rape related banter. If you're too much of a pussy for the outcome of that, go and visit the UNICEF site or some shit.

The crassness was him dealing with a screwdriver bunghole bomb being dropped. What else could he have done? Called the police?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2013, 07:55:01 AM »
you know whats even wierder...that his name is chase gabor...wtf kind of name is that

You're right, now i think about it that is weirder than fucking a kid up the ass with a screwdriver!

Shredsledder

« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »
"This is a show where people get drunk and have some skate/rape related banter. If you're too much of a pussy for the outcome of that, go and visit the UNICEF site or some shit. "

man the UNICEF  website is so much more fucked up than this stupid faux-talk show. the fuck are you talking about?

If you're too much of a pussy to watch some dinguses talk about bullshit for way too long, you should try videos of children who have been maimed by explosions and war footage courtesy of the UN.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
brink can you get chase to gaybor my butthole
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:51 AM »
The only resolution I see to this controversy is a Chase Gabor Slap questions.

railchomper420

« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't think anyone blames him for what Chase admitted to. Although, I've still not seen anything from Koston or Berra, perhaps they support this kind of thing, no idea. They blame him for not only his essential non-reaction but the crassness of what he was finally able to spit out. They also blame him for his striving for derailment and his not accepting of responsibility for that said derailment, which is a pretty sick thing to do. Perhaps that comes for working for this part of the industry, who knows.

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
The only resolution I see to this controversy is a Chase Gabor Slap questions.
I'm extremely curious if people around him have been giving him a hard time as of recently. I would hope so.

Your user name has never been more relevant. 

idontcare

• Rep: -32
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »
am i the only one who noticed that chase has an extremely long nose and I dont mean that it points downwards but outwards like Pinocchio or something
I think they'll kill me eventually fuck it

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:15 PM »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2013, 12:11:28 AM »
"This is a show where people get drunk and have some skate/rape related banter. If you're too much of a pussy for the outcome of that, go and visit the UNICEF site or some shit. "

man the UNICEF  website is so much more fucked up than this stupid faux-talk show. the fuck are you talking about?

If you're too much of a pussy to watch some dinguses talk about bullshit for way too long, you should try videos of children who have been maimed by explosions and war footage courtesy of the UN.

Sorry, drunk posting. Can't really see how people are getting so up in arms about that episode.

dogparty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2013, 01:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
On a sidenote, it seems that Brink doesn't work for Emerica anymore, not really my business but I was wondering if Emerica was firing people to save money or if it was for other reasons...
[close]

I quit Sole Tech a few weeks ago. Time to move on.

As for the rest of this thread and people addressing me ... I don't know what I am supposed to say. I thought perhaps the words "shocking" and "do not condone" in my original post would make it pretty clear that the story is insane.

But that said, what am I supposed to do? I don't know the whole story, it happened ages ago, I am not the authorities. I still adhere to my original statement that kids do FUCKED UP shit. I've heard so many fucked up stories in my life and know people who have done crazy shit or had crazy shit happen to them that I dunno ... I guess sometimes maybe I am numb to it. But I dunno. Maybe I should say one more time that what happened with the screwdriver is totally fucked!

It sucks that this had to happen to someone. I've been bullied and had lame shit done to me. Nothing that crazy but it sucked nonetheless.

My intention was never to come off "flippant," but when you are doing an interview and you have a show to produce, you have to keep going, and you can't make your guests feel like they should shut up ... you have to roll with it, keep them comfortable and keep them talking.

Was I supposed to get up and punch Chase? Am I supposed to call the police? I mean, what are you guys doing about it? I am as empowered or powerless as you all.

To address being "owned" and not doing "real journalism" and "silent PR" and all that stuff ...

Well, there's a time and a place to "keep it real" and a time and a place to do your job and look out for yourself and not do or say shit that is gonna jeopardize anything you are doing. I've burned a lot of bridges by "keeping it real" over the years and it's not fun. Hopefully you all know the difference ... if you are a waiter and a customer is being an asshole, you suck it up and do your job. You don't go off on them so they never come back and get yourself fired ... to have a career in skateboarding, you have to play along somewhat. And EVERYONE plays along. If that's being "owned" then I guess I'm guilty. And me telling you that is me keeping it real. I know a lot of people who tell you to their face how "core" they are and shit, but really they are just yes men company boys. And they are everywhere.

As for real journalism ... no such thing really exists in skateboarding. But you could always check out my entire portfolio from the last 14 years on my website and decide if what I do in skateboarding and beyond is "real journalism" or not. But that seems to be something that's all opinion-based anyway. The fact that this came out on my show might actually be considered "real journalism." Something relatively gnarly was uncovered. You know?

As for me being silent and PR-ing myself ... If I was worried about PR for myself, I clearly wouldn't have taken an unpopular stance in this thread. If I was "owned" I would just agree with everyone.

To the guy who defended me, that's rad. You explained my thoughts exactly. Thank you.

To the rest of you, it's cool. I get it. I get how shit can come off sometimes ... on my show, on this forum and so on. I bet if I were to sit down and talk to some of you one on one the experience would be totally different and the discussion would be cool and intelligent and we'd agree and disagree and be cool.

I was only suggesting we tell fucked up stories from our childhoods because it seemed like a good segway and a chance for a lot of good reading material, not to take any heat off me or Chase or whatever. No one TOLD me to write that. There's no Berra "damage control" conspiracy. Haha.

I am not too big or too cool or too proud to apologize. If for some reason my reactions, or lack thereof bummed you guys out or made you think I'm lame, dude, that sucks and I'm sorry. Keep on keeping on.

I work for Element now. Still doing the show of course and all my other little side projects. Really hyped on the new rider announcement coming too. If any of you are going to be at the East Coast tour stops or Street League say whats up! I don't carry screwdrivers. Only a camera.

-Brink

You the man.

In a lot of ways I left skating because of politics and realizing a hilarious real world that parallels the skate world that I was sick of being apart of. Skaters hang out with skaters and don't get  socialization thats not outside riding the train home from the city.

Kids hate on this show being uninteresting. The fact the kid dodged every question and answered this one leads me to believe its not as crazy as it sounds.

Brink brought the dirt and people are calling him out.

I'm not ok with rape or bullying but this seems like a case of consumer sensationalism that skateboard fans reject.

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2013, 01:34:40 AM »
I really want to hear the other stories now, how many things can be worse? Not too many.

jim

• Rep: -23
  • Guess that's why they call it window pane
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
hey guys,what do you expect the man enjoys football
Does it hurt when you skate?
If no: Go skate
If yes: Go skate

iwishilivedinfinla