Author Topic: Rail DIY help  (Read 1037 times)

silkyjohnson

Rail DIY help
« on: January 17, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
I recently started building a DIY with a couple of homies and i had this round rail sitting in my backyard and thought it'd be a good addition to the spot. any of you dudes have any advice or techniques on how to do so? Thanks in advance.

happenstance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Rail DIY help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
Is there a dirt corner you can put it over? Dig two holes, anchor with a few big rocks and fill with concrete. Prop it up with wood so it doesn't fall over while drying.

If not, you would probably need to rent a concrete bore drill. I am sure there is a construction equipment rental place somewhere by you. This would probably be expensive.

The cheapest but crappiest solution would be one of those concrete fence bases. I am sure you could find that at a more industrial (as apposed to consumer based) hardware store or some sort of salvage yard.

Like this but typically concrete color:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:34:01 PM by happenstance »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
Anchor it into some hollow cinder blocks and fill them with cement.

mattofallmatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »
Be a man, rent a jack hammer. Back fill with gravel and bag concrete. 

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
Anchor it into some hollow cinder blocks and fill them with cement.

you can use half blocks and stack em up to give more height to how far down the rail is anchored by the way...

dillanharp

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:43:48 AM »
I'd think you would have to go pretty deep on that thing as it doesn't look very tall.

ps, you gonna share the love?

pps, you going to that fundraiser Saturday at Roosevelt for the Julian DIY?

silkyjohnson

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 01:56:02 AM »
I think i might go the cheap route and do something with cinder blocks and as for the fundraiser I wish I could make it but I got work that day, I'll probably pick up a couple bags of concrete and leave them at the spot for those dudes to build some more rad shit. I wonder if those hobos are bummed on it haha

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:43:38 AM »
Silky, where do I go about finding some short scaffolding type ish like that? I got an idea to make a mini pole jam with some pipes and stuff just like.... not a real pole jam but like a small L sticking out of a sing cement block. should be fun to do flip boardslides on.