Author Topic: what should i do about my ankle.  (Read 1167 times)

4wheels

what should i do about my ankle.
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:33:43 PM »

So... a while ago i was trying to do a trick down some stairs and i kept landing with my left heel hanging to much off my board and whenever i tried to skate after that, every time i landed with my heel too much off my board the same spot would hurt for a good 5 minutes after that. Im skating some sorta contest next weekend in new york and i want to know what would be best for me to do.  And if anyone else had the same sorta injury what can i do to help it heal quicker. I did buy an ankle brace but it doesnt really stop my ankle from extending in that direction.

The Human Condom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
Re: what should i do about my ankle.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:40:54 PM »
Sounds like you're developing a hot pocket.  When you were landing, was your ankle folding with your toes sort of going up to your shin? 
You could do some light physical therapy on your own, but your ankle will still probably be pretty weak by next weekend. 
Maybe try the R.I.C.E. method (rest, ice, compression, elevation).  Trace the alphabet with your toes to stretch your ankles.  Use a wobble/balance board and those big rubber bandings for resistance.  Maybe bicycle and swim.  Get some painkillers for the contest.

4wheels

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
Sounds like you're developing a hot pocket.  When you were landing, was your ankle folding with your toes sort of going up to your shin
You could do some light physical therapy on your own, but your ankle will still probably be pretty weak by next weekend. 
Maybe try the R.I.C.E. method (rest, ice, compression, elevation).  Trace the alphabet with your toes to stretch your ankles.  Use a wobble/balance board and those big rubber bandings for resistance.  Maybe bicycle and swim.  Get some painkillers for the contest.
thats exactly whats happening, thanks for all the tips. I will try all that and hopefully my ankle will be somewhat better by next week

Shredsledder

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=yoga+exercises+for+ankles&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

If you can make this a thing that you do consistently, it is amazing.

I was really adamant at myself about doing yoga after I broke my ankle a little over a year ago.

bout 5 months ago I returned to my original shitbag way of living cause I got too comfortable.

goddamnit

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
you should see an osteopath