Author Topic: Skate 4  (Read 30427 times)

BALT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -28
Skate 4
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:56:02 AM »
Does anyone know if/when this is coming out?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 4
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
its either this weekend or next weekend, i cant remember
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

BALT

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
its either this weekend or next weekend, i cant remember
This is a joke right?

Will Easley

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
Skate as we know it is most likely done for. EA is the shittiest, big-name game publisher there is and after skate 3 didnt live up to THEIR expectations as far as sales go, they pulled the plug on the shit. Well, they havent announced it officially but given their track record i highly doubt it comes back. Better hope some other developer & publisher makes a new skateboarding game for the next-gen consoles. I always thought it would be sick if 2K sports made one

BALT

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »
Eh, 2K isnt too great either if you look at the basketball games compared to nba live graphics wise they're worse. But for the rest they're better so I guess they could do ok. But EA has the map and controls already.

Will Easley

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »
Eh, 2K isnt too great either if you look at the basketball games compared to nba live graphics wise they're worse. But for the rest they're better so I guess they could do ok. But EA has the map and controls already.

the fuck is this blasphemy? nba live graphics look like plastic action figures. 2k may not get every single facemap perfect but overall the graphics are much much better. Dont even get me started on gameplay...theres a reason why Live took a HIATUS for 2-3 years, almost put out another basketball game, then canceled it last minute once after 2K started getting even more hype with all the jordan shit. its only coming back now because EA thinks they have a chance with the next-gen consoles, but its too late now 2k just keeps getting better each year theres no way they'd catch up.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
Fuck EA, worst company known to man.

..But all is forgiven if they release a skate 4, or at least make more DLCs for 3.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
Skate as we know it is most likely done for. EA is the shittiest, big-name game publisher there is and after skate 3 didnt live up to THEIR expectations as far as sales go, they pulled the plug on the shit. Well, they havent announced it officially but given their track record i highly doubt it comes back. Better hope some other developer & publisher makes a new skateboarding game for the next-gen consoles. I always thought it would be sick if 2K sports made one

thats what i thought as well, but its complete bullshit since i had to buy another copy of skate 3 a few months ago after wearing my last disc out. the new one i bought was a 'platinum seller' or whatever, has a lil banner at the top of the box and everything, so unless their expectations were through the roof i dunno how they didnt consider it a success.

also i think skate 4 isnt out of the question as much as it was before, i could see them bringing it back for the new consoles. there seems to be a decently big internet push on their forums and shit for them to make another one.

and yes it is coming out next weekend BALT, not joking
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
The Black Box division of EA that was responsible for the development of the Skate games in no longer in existence...
I do not believe that in the very near future that Skate 4 will be released, let alone developed --- although I'd love to see it happen.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »
i can't believe they took the guys behind ea skate to make that shitty ssx game. seriously, fuck ea.

give up that nfl license too fuckboys >:(

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
Only thing 2K is good at is basketball. The 2K NHL games were complete shit (hence why EA only makes them now) and the 2K baseball games, while fun, they're so far behind graphics wise and cannot compare to The Show at all in anything. 2K other than the NBA games is inferior.

Will Easley

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
Only thing 2K is good at is basketball. The 2K NHL games were complete shit (hence why EA only makes them now) and the 2K baseball games, while fun, they're so far behind graphics wise and cannot compare to The Show at all in anything. 2K other than the NBA games is inferior.

their football games were actually pretty sick tho, and I dont even like football like that. they were selling those joints for $20 too. only a third of the cost of madden & was wayy better. no wonder why EA is holding on to that NFL license for so long, although I think its supposed to expire in the next couple or years or something.

TheKraken

• Rep: -19
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »
2K could make the best hockey game ever, only there's no market. NBA 2k is a work of art and their hockey games were fun too

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »
trust me with blackbox gone you do not want them to try to make a skate 4 with a different publisher

2k could be terrible as well

a good example of this is the snowboard game amped 2 for xbox, which is basically the "skate" of snowboard games and still stands as the only good snowboard game ever made. microsoft got rid of the publisher then handed the amped franchise over to 2k who absolutely butchered it and made one of the worst games of any kind i have ever played known as amped 3.

the worst part was that the poor sales numbers for amped 3 made a ton of publishers decide to ditch the idea of having a realistic snowboard franchise, even though the reason for the bad sales was how horrible the game was. skate 3 was a commercial success, and by letting the franchise die without ea digging it up and raping it like amped, perhaps another more capable company will run with the realistic skateboard game idea again.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 01:09:46 AM »
if I ever won the lottery I will make the best most realistic video game ever.  go street skate for 20 minutes, sit inside subway for half an hour, skate another spot, try the same manual for 25 minutes, give up and go to the last spot of the day, complain about the run up, go buy beer and chill
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 01:46:08 AM »
if I ever won the lottery I will make the best most realistic video game ever.  go street skate for 20 minutes, sit inside subway for half an hour, skate another spot, try the same manual for 25 minutes, give up and go to the last spot of the day, complain about the run up, go buy beer and chill

-Press Triangle to select an excuse-

* "My grip is still too grippy."
* "These shoes aren't broken in yet. They feel weird"
* "Fuck. I wish I had my other board. I'd totally do this."
* "I think I blew a bearing."
* "Dude, it's fucking windy today."

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »

NFL 2K was shitting on madden. NFL 2K5 is arguabley the best football game of all time.

it's presentation is still better than madden to this day.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKOIDoEh1s

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
would buy
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Enjoi San Jose

• Rep: -38
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn.to accurate on those excuses I'm kinda embarrassed

dillanharp

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
damn.to accurate on those excuses I'm kinda embarrassed

"I'M OVER IT."

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »

..But all is forgiven if they release a skate 4, or at least make more DLCs for 3.

Not possible, all the DLCs they made were already in the game when you buy it in the first place, when you buy the DLC it just gets unlocked on the disc you already bought.

El_JayDude

• Rep: -6
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »
a good example of this is the snowboard game amped 2 for xbox, which is basically the "skate" of snowboard games and still stands as the only good snowboard game ever made. microsoft got rid of the publisher then handed the amped franchise over to 2k who absolutely butchered it and made one of the worst games of any kind i have ever played known as amped 3.

the worst part was that the poor sales numbers for amped 3 made a ton of publishers decide to ditch the idea of having a realistic snowboard franchise, even though the reason for the bad sales was how horrible the game was. skate 3 was a commercial success, and by letting the franchise die without ea digging it up and raping it like amped, perhaps another more capable company will run with the realistic skateboard game idea again.

Preach, I've been saying this exact same thing for years.  Amped 3 was the worst, I don't know even were to start.  Amped 2 had replay value like Skate 2 (I like 2 better than 3)

Hope they come out with a snowboarding game that is somewhat realistic, like landing in transition would be a good start and maybe showing the more skate influenced side of snowboarding like street rails and parks like Bear Mtn.

Would love for them to come out with another realistic skating game, hopefully if EA doesn't do it then whoever does has the rights to use the same "flick it" controls or whatever.  But we all know how EA is so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 12:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not possible, all the DLCs they made were already in the game when you buy it in the first place, when you buy the DLC it just gets unlocked on the disc you already bought.

I've downloaded every single DLC I bought for PS3 and Xbox 360 games.

Will Easley

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Preach, I've been saying this exact same thing for years.  Amped 3 was the worst, I don't know even were to start.  Amped 2 had replay value like Skate 2 (I like 2 better than 3)

Hope they come out with a snowboarding game that is somewhat realistic, like landing in transition would be a good start and maybe showing the more skate influenced side of snowboarding like street rails and parks like Bear Mtn.

Would love for them to come out with another realistic skating game, hopefully if EA doesn't do it then whoever does has the rights to use the same "flick it" controls or whatever.  But we all know how EA is so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Yeah amped 2 was super fun. I loved that game! Amped 3 was "meh". I played it for a little bit and while I didn't think it was THAT bad, it definitely wasn't as good as the first. I'm sure SOMEONE wether its ea or another company will come out with some sort of skating game a year or two after the next gen consoles have been on the market. There has to be some sorta skateboarding game out there. It not, developers will see the need for one & would definitely capitalize on the opportunity to be the only one on the market

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
The Flick-It control system has totally spoiled us - it's hard to imagine going back to a THPS-style push-button-to-do-trick game now. Can you copyright something like that? It'd suck if EA prevented others from using it.

Saying that, the controls are both the best and worst thing about the Skate series - they're really rewarding and allow for incredible depth but they kinda alienate casual players at the same time. Not great for making big bucks.

I remember spending hours trying to kickflip into a grind when I got the first game. After a while it becomes second nature but, jeez, someone who isn't really into skateboarding would lose patience pretty quickly, especially if they're already used to grinding telephone wires. I guess there will always be enough skateboarding fans out there to make a 'serious' skateboarding game financially viable (we wouldn't have got 3 Skate games if there wasn't) but it's a waay harder sell for publishers.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
to expand on your idea: the harder you slam, the longer you're not allowed to play the game for. It takes several years to get good at playing it, and even then you get shown up by much younger NPC's. Everything progresses in real time. The more years you log in the game, the faster your character gets exhausted and just sits there watching everyone else skate.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
to expand on your idea: the harder you slam, the longer you're not allowed to play the game for. It takes several years to get good at playing it, and even then you get shown up by much younger NPC's. Everything progresses in real time. The more years you log in the game, the faster your character gets exhausted and just sits there watching everyone else skate.

saddest post in this thread

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

too close to home mon

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

too close to home mon
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »
I'm playing skate 3 now, thinking about how much it sucks that I won't have this in a couple months. Someone needs to steal this game model, improve it a bit, and put out a sexy giant skate world super xxxtreme HD version for ps4
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES