Author Topic: Skate 4  (Read 30426 times)

MuchasGracias

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
Re: Skate 4
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 10:01:07 PM »
I'm playing skate 3 now, thinking about how much it sucks that I won't have this in a couple months. Someone needs to steal this game model, improve it a bit, and put out a sexy giant skate world super xxxtreme HD version for ps4

I spend more time creating parks then actually skating in the game.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »
Whenever I am in the Create-a-park mode it gets all glitchy and weird.  Something off about the graphics.  Is there a patch/download to fix that? 
For Your Health

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 02:15:39 PM »
Yeah nah the CAP mode has always been glitchy

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 06:14:51 AM »
Considering how much money and work would have to be put in making the game, in order to really do something ground breaking and make the game exceptionally more enjoyable to play than skate 3, makes it hard for any game company to get interested on the idea. The truth is that the skaters and people interested in skateboarding lifestyle aren't really a big enough group of people that would buy the game enough to cover like 50 million dollar development costs.

IMO It would have to progress a lot into the GTA direction, and should be easier to pick up by gamers who aren't obsessed in skating, while still keeping the real skater interested in it. Every kid liked the THPS games and it was easy to play and got them interested in skating, now that kind of effect would be a lot harder to accomplish.

It will take a few years before the pressure for a new one builds  big enough and somebody decides to try to make it happen, and I hope it's gonna be good.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
EA/Take-2/whoever-owns-the-rights-to-flick-it-control-scheme would never sell the mechanics of Skate to another company for a reasonable price. On top of that, who the fuck would want to go back to the THPS button combo system? Therefore, there will never be another good skateboarding game for XBox. Let go of this Skate 4 dream, it ain't happenin

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »
kickstarter to make this shit happen
come on PALS
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »
EA/Take-2/whoever-owns-the-rights-to-flick-it-control-scheme would never sell the mechanics of Skate to another company for a reasonable price. On top of that, who the fuck would want to go back to the THPS button combo system? Therefore, there will never be another good skateboarding game for XBox. Let go of this Skate 4 dream, it ain't happenin

I think the flick control thing was also used in the Tony Hawk's Proving Ground game too. I'm not sure thou, never actually played it, but remembering some interview with Tony with it

dillanharp

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
I'm playing skate 3 now, thinking about how much it sucks that I won't have this in a couple months. Someone needs to steal this game model, improve it a bit, and put out a sexy giant skate world super xxxtreme HD version for ps4

Yea fucking right, imagine the bitching some heads out there would go about how Skate HD has no soul and anything other than VX , I mean ps3 graphics are horrible.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »
I remember looking at sales stats for Ea sports game and the Skate series wasn't that far behind some of the big names like NHL and Tiger Woods.

Like every company, EA had to trim the fat and focus only on sure bets. The black box team was an easy cut. There is still money to be made with the franchise. If I were to bet on it, I'd say there will be something out with the next gen consoles within the first couple of years.

Think of it this way: More street league: more change of EA Skate 4.

foureyedjim

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 02:01:57 AM »
One thing I would like to see (if it's even possible in the near future) is the ability to have flip tricks look slightly different based on how you flick your right analog.  That and more dynamic animations.  The skate games are fun and I'm not complaining, but it would be awesome to have character animations look a bit more different each time you did a trick.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 06:35:14 AM »
One thing I would like to see (if it's even possible in the near future) is the ability to have flip tricks look slightly different based on how you flick your right analog.  That and more dynamic animations.  The skate games are fun and I'm not complaining, but it would be awesome to have character animations look a bit more different each time you did a trick.
That would be sick.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
Expand Quote
if I ever won the lottery I will make the best most realistic video game ever.  go street skate for 20 minutes, sit inside subway for half an hour, skate another spot, try the same manual for 25 minutes, give up and go to the last spot of the day, complain about the run up, go buy beer and chill
[close]
to expand on your idea: the harder you slam, the longer you're not allowed to play the game for. It takes several years to get good at playing it, and even then you get shown up by much younger NPC's. Everything progresses in real time. The more years you log in the game, the faster your character gets exhausted and just sits there watching everyone else skate.
And you get more badly injured on small tricks/fucking around than you do on big tricks.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2013, 06:20:37 PM »
This game sounds great as long as it has pressure flips
For Your Health

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
This game sounds great as long as it has pressure flips
They exist, but you can't land them unless you're trying a different trick and you do one accidentally.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 10:27:48 AM »
All I want is the Skate engine on Thrasher:Skate and Destroy levels/soundtrack.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »

And Grind Session!

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 06:22:42 AM »

Amen

foureyedjim

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And Grind Session!

man grind session was great cuz popping out of tricks weren't ugly as shit (THPS)

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »
im really suprised they arent making a skate 4. skateboarding seems bigger than ever right now with street league and shit. skate 3 was almost perfect. they just need to add some more tricks they missed and some more spots. id buy that shit for sure

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if I ever won the lottery I will make the best most realistic video game ever.  go street skate for 20 minutes, sit inside subway for half an hour, skate another spot, try the same manual for 25 minutes, give up and go to the last spot of the day, complain about the run up, go buy beer and chill
[close]
to expand on your idea: the harder you slam, the longer you're not allowed to play the game for. It takes several years to get good at playing it, and even then you get shown up by much younger NPC's. Everything progresses in real time. The more years you log in the game, the faster your character gets exhausted and just sits there watching everyone else skate.
[close]
saddest post in this thread
[close]

too close to home mon

yeah; i pretty much just smoke weed and eat mcdonalds at spots. good thing im behind the lens more often than not hah!

nah but seriously, there should be a part of the game where if you meet up with friends, you have to decide on a spot and your friend is hungry so we stand in the parking lot watching the homie learn pressure flips while we argue about food and spots for like an hour.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
They should make it so you start out at the chain-smoking kid at the skatepark who's like "yo homie lemme see your board for a sec" and work your way up.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 07:50:18 PM »
They should make it so you start out at the chain-smoking kid at the skatepark who's like "yo homie lemme see your board for a sec" and work your way up.

or you have a nazi skate coach dad a la nyjah style

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2013, 08:40:57 AM »
was anyone on a S2 team and if so did they put out parts. will post if im not alone haha

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »
i am...

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
i bought "skate it" (skate made by EA for the iphone) when i was like 12.  I recently downloaded it again from my cloud and apparently they havent updated the game since then so yeah

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 10:41:01 AM »
i will buy an xbox one just for this game.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »
-Choice of using longboards or skateboards

oh no

shit_for_brains

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2014, 03:17:24 PM »
I've said it in other threads, but EA does not own the control system that was used in the skate. games. The guy who developed that system licensed it to EA. He still owns it and could license it/sell it to other developers if he so desired. I know a bunch of the guys who made those games and this is truth.

Skate 4 isn't happening. Not yet anyway.