Author Topic: Skate 4  (Read 30422 times)

Berky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Re: Skate 4
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2015, 09:58:11 PM »
it's interesting, but all these 3rd party mod skate games are gonna be complete shit who are we kidding. might be worth about 5 minutes of your time for the novelty of it

won't be satisfied until there's another skate, even if the new Tony Hawk tries to make it realistic it'll still be rediculous they would need to stick to the same combo getting and high point scoring formula that has made the series successful and popular with non skaters

the only reason I still have my xbox 360 hooked up to my TV is for skate3
same

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2015, 03:54:32 PM »
Hey I have something that might be of interest to you folks: A conversation I had with Scott Blackwood on what the hell is going on with the franchise. Check him out.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:59:20 PM by AfterEight »

Shazamsung

• Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2015, 04:52:40 PM »
Hey I have something that might be of interest to you folks: A conversation I had with Scott Blackwood on what the hell is going on with the franchise. Check him out.

Well...fair enough then. Thanks for posting this.

So if EA doesn't give a shit about the franchise, they'd likely sell it on the cheap. That still means it's possible for another developer to make Skate 4 or reboot the series entirely.

Or someone else could just make a skateboarding game. That's more likely.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2015, 11:52:10 PM »
well its over guys, this was the one thing i was holding out life for
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2015, 06:59:35 AM »
You should've asked him why he left the day Skate 2 shipped

shit_for_brains

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 07:54:54 AM »
You should've asked him why he left the day Skate 2 shipped

EA had assumed a lot of control over Black Box (studio who actually made the game) after Skate 1s success. They were restructuring how things were done at the studio and a lot of people were not cool with it, especially Scott Blackwood. They saw the direction things were heading and jumped ship.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2015, 09:18:24 AM »
dudes bitter as hell, probably deservedly so. but if he had nothing to do with skate 3 then It really doesn't matter. the fact that he brings up coach frank makes me more hopeful for a new game. no one that wants the new game gives a shit about the storyline or any character stuff. so if he cares about that then I'm glad he won't be involved.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:42 AM »

Yea, that coach Frank shit is mega cringe

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
dudes bitter as hell, probably deservedly so. but if he had nothing to do with skate 3 then It really doesn't matter. the fact that he brings up coach frank makes me more hopeful for a new game. no one that wants the new game gives a shit about the storyline or any character stuff. so if he cares about that then I'm glad he won't be involved.

couldn't agree with you more

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

couldn't agree with you more

Thats true, however it comes down to money. Look at the $20 million a pop comment on any open world game (like skate). Unless they design and improve the mechanics and include a user-generated option for a world, the game isn't likely to happen.

The other annual titles cost very little to make and generate the same or more revenue. I do believe there is an opportunity for another skate game, its just a matter of when and right now it seems like there's no sign of a 4.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2015, 05:37:57 PM »
I don't know if this is a joke or for real but maybe it will happen.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzrLDWo0ePs

Edit:scratch that I just realized this was over a year old.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:40:47 PM by The Woodsman »
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi