Author Topic: London Pals  (Read 11194 times)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
London Pals
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
Making the move south in a few weeks from Warrington (Manchester/Liverpool region) for uni. Will be living in Hampstead Heath. I've skated london a few times so I know most of the parks, how to get to them, some spots etc. But was wondering if there are any Hampstead locals? Any spots/parks round there?
Would be nice to skate with some of you as well.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
Re: London Pals
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »
Im moving to london aswell , but not until late october. Im down for beers and skate so let me know

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »
Im moving to london aswell , but not until late october. Im down for beers and skate so let me know

sounds good, really hope southbank is saved, would suck to move down and it gets destroyed within a few months
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sounds good, really hope southbank is saved, would suck to move down and it gets destroyed within a few months

Yeah one of my good slap friends Mark renton was just there , Think he skated southbank afew times . I hope its gonna be left there alone like a natinal park or something , protected .

here is my " moving to london " thread , might be helpfull

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=68328.0

Ill let you know when Im getting closer to the move for stuff . Ill be bussy the first few weeks with work but Ill be more social after awhile .

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 05:45:33 AM »
move down there in 4 days, will be living in whitechapel, couple tube stops from mile end!

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 05:52:49 AM »
Will be living in Hampstead Heath.

Posh.

Swiss Cottage/Finchley Road has a few spots.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
Heard there are some great spots in hampstead heath, especially for dogging!

But seriously I live in London, hit me up sometime we can go skate. Gonna be really busy in the week so will have to be a weekend thing

http://www.londonskateparks.co.uk/

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
so are all the girls in london twerking at the club ?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 05:06:17 AM »

Yes it's still there! SB is where you get the best vibes in my opinion, it's just weird at the beginning having so much people watching you haha but after that 10 mins is super, Mile end on a sunny day is sex.
Oh one thing I would do when I was there, since I was in bethnal green, was hopping down the bus at liverpool street -ish at sunset and push fast as fuck doing basic stuff down till southbank. It's fun and you see and hit random spots with less people hassle, watching sunsets on the bridge and stuff.
Basically if you get the chance hop on a random double decker towards whoknows where and hop off when you see fun stuff (brick banks are likely), that's how I had the most fun.  :)

That's where those sick brick banks in the intersection are isn't it? Clapton had some too.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:14:18 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 07:41:41 AM »

But seriously I live in London, hit me up sometime we can go skate. Gonna be really busy in the week so will have to be a weekend thing

sick that link will help a lot man! yeah i'll make sure to hit you up when I get down there.

Renton- sounds like a lot of fun, I skated london a few times but only a couple of parks and when I skated street I just wondered round and tended to find things, is it that kind of city? a lot of little spots dotted around?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 08:16:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sick that link will help a lot man! yeah i'll make sure to hit you up when I get down there.

Renton- sounds like a lot of fun, I skated london a few times but only a couple of parks and when I skated street I just wondered round and tended to find things, is it that kind of city? a lot of little spots dotted around?

Yes, I wondered around too, because I skated at least 6 parks the first days I was there but the majority tend to get packed SO easily and I didn't want to stay in queues everyday so I tried to mix things up.
I can tell you can be lucky and find funny stuff around.
I didn't know where to go at first so I said well, financial areas with skyscrapers and offices will sure have good flatground and something to skate, so I took that route. Along River Thames is another area with potential, only time I got kicked out pretty bad was near the tower bridge embarkment. Just try and explore, even that time when I didn't find anything I couldn't care less because I still had a good cruise!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:21:26 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:45 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

That's where those sick brick banks in the intersection are isn't it? Clapton had some too.

Yeah, near the leisure centre, there's some other good stuff right by there too, a fountain round the back that's fun when its emptied out etc..

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 02:57:47 AM »
Dear Slap
So I'm moving to London next week for about 4 months. I'm desperately looking for a place to stay for the first few weeks before I can move into my apartment.  What is the best way to go about finding a short term accommodation? Any help would be much appreciated!

Blanco

• Rep: 2
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 03:15:13 AM »

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »
Thanks Whitey! ;)

edit. I may have found something near Wood Green tube station. Can anyone give me some info on this area? Seems a bit rough I hear?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:50:13 AM by castillo's curls »

Blanco

• Rep: 2
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »
Wood Green is not super rough, I can certainly think of worse places. It's not a cool place particularly and a little further out from the centre so that's why rents are quite cheap. But it's on the Picadilly line so transport into the centre is pretty quick.

There's a shitty skatepark nearby in Alexandra Palace and a nice little concrete plaza type park in Muswell Hill.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »
So what are the worst areas in London ? or around london ,  So I dont think I found this amazing flat in a place , Then somebody shoots me for my pocket change

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »
So what are the worst areas in London ? or around london ,  So I dont think I found this amazing flat in a place , Then somebody shoots me for my pocket change

Based on what my friends told me brixton and the south in general can be pretty sketchy.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on what my friends told me brixton and the south in general can be pretty sketchy.

Brixton isn't anywhere near as sketchy as it used to be, providing you aren't a total twat.  As with most big cities there are dodgy areas, but for the most part as long as you don't find yourself on some shady estate at night (Attack the Block style) then you'll be fine

GY

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:05 AM »
Brixton isn't too bad, The first time I went there, I saw a lot of drunks/hobos on the main road but at the same time loads of rad booty so it balances out. A few hidden ledges near the Academy and a cool plaza-esque space if you walk left out of the tube station towards the fast food joints.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
Thanks Whitey! ;)

edit. I may have found something near Wood Green tube station. Can anyone give me some info on this area? Seems a bit rough I hear?

nah its fine i live fairly near there

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 12:15:32 PM »
Anybody need a room mate ?

Im moving over in 3 weeks !

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
Monty, I can't help you with a room, but let's meet up for beer once you're here!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 09:14:46 PM »
Monty, I can't help you with a room, but let's meet up for beer once you're here!

Send me a PM , for some reason I cant send to you , says user doesnt exist (excist )

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Send me a PM , for some reason I cant send to you , says user doesnt exist (excist )

Think your name is buggin PMs , cant fucking reply to it  . Im in london starting Wednesday . PM your tele number or FB and Ill get in tuch with you

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »
I'm so gel

wish I could gay marry one of you guys for citizenship and then you'll have a poor roommate

nothing's been the since same

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »
I'm so gel

wish I could gay marry one of you guys for citizenship and then you'll have a poor roommate

Id expect even my fake gay husband to work his ass off . not coming home after a 17 hour work day to see you eating chocolates on the couch watching oprah

sammyseeds

• Rep: 3
  • eat, spit, be happy.
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 03:51:30 PM »
bumped.

going to London for a week starting monday, any pals looking to skate at night during the week/morning on the weekend?

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »
Going to be skating in London April 25th, meeting up with a non-skater friend of mine but if any pals are out and about it'd be cool to meet up and zip around for a bit! Show a yankee how it's done over the pond!
MN -> IL

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 08:42:09 AM »
What are some rad things to do/places to go in general?
I skated pretty much every park, did the classic touristy shit etc
Leaving friday staying east.