Author Topic: Evil Knievel Appreciation Thread  (Read 1994 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Evil Knievel Appreciation Thread
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:18 AM »
Some rolemodel, right?

Also, incase you haven't seen it in the new Thrasher Mike V and Elephant just dropped some Knievel themed decks

http://elephantbrandskateboards.com/home/evel-knievel-deck-series-now-available/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:30:09 AM by Rusty_Berrings »

stevedave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Evil Knievel Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »
not so sure how i feel about the elephant boards, but i back Evel Knievel 100%.  He's an American icon (as well as a badass).
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »
From the looks of it I'd say dude invented doing kicker to kicker gaps before dudes started doing them on dirt bikes probably the year or a few years after... Maybe even invented doing gaps in general. Maybe even came up with kickers????

And yeah I've yet to skate an Elephant Brand deck, I like that they claim to have modern concave on their 10"+ decks instead of just "kicktail". Dig some of the graphics on those though.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
Really fucking hectic when he got rolled though...

Evel Knievel at Caesar's Palace

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
Dude was a beast...

While Evel Knievel never actually broke "every bone in his body," ultimately, the 433 broken bones he suffered during his career earned an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records as the survivor of "most bones broken in a lifetime.