Author Topic: Welcome wheels  (Read 9100 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Welcome wheels
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »
The swirls look much more subtle in that picture, I'm also curious as to how they compare to the new spits. Can't imagine a better wheel.

flapJack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
Skated park for an hour or so. No flatspots and they actually grip real well. Overall good control. Not sure about f4s, but if you like bones and dont mind the core, give em a shot.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
they're selling them here if anyone's interested.
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=965&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc
They're 6 bucks more than F4s which is pretty crazy
damn those yarys bout those squats

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 10:53:14 PM »
Nice color too, they make me want Ande's Candies.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »
Or...

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
I'm so hungry for ice cream now.
Never had swirls before but I must admit I kinda want to try these out now. Maybe if they made some red candy cane swirled 52s.

d1ggitydan

• Rep: -13
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »
Talked with some of the guys at Familia in Minneapolis and they said they will probably never carry Welcome and they were kinda salty on the whole vibe. They're more into Waters and Army and stuff but one thing that kinda blows my mind is they sell Baker and DGK which seem equally kooky as far brands go.

I don't know why everyone is all up in arms about them making their little comment about the brown wheels it was kinda funny and I don't think they meant it as some sort of shot at Spitfire, just poking fun, you know?

just my two cents

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »
Talked with some of the guys at Familia in Minneapolis and they said they will probably never carry Welcome and they were kinda salty on the whole vibe. They're more into Waters and Army and stuff but one thing that kinda blows my mind is they sell Baker and DGK which seem equally kooky as far brands go.

Alright. You want a cookie bro?

flapJack

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »

I don't know why everyone is all up in arms about them making their little comment about the brown wheels it was kinda funny and I don't think they meant it as some sort of shot at Spitfire, just poking fun, you know?

just my two cents

My problem with Familia is that the high5 and send help are the same damn company with a new name. I love some of todd bratrauds art, but he reycles too much shit. If your first brand didnt sell, them how will zoomed and cropped rehased graphics sell?

Im glad shops are willing to support welcome and their creative endeavors

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
Expand Quote

just my two cents
[close]

My problem with Familia is that the high5 and send help are the same damn company with a new name. I love some of todd bratrauds art, but he reycles too much shit. If your first brand didnt sell, them how will zoomed and cropped rehased graphics sell?

haha high 5 was forced to change their name, that's why theyre send help now. and even if send help/high 5 was doing something wack it wouldn't be a direct reflection of familia

flapJack

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2013, 10:54:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

just my two cents
[close]

[close]

haha high 5 was forced to change their name, that's why theyre send help now. and even if send help/high 5 was doing something wack it wouldn't be a direct reflection of familia

I didn't know they were forced to change names. What I mean is that they carry, and to my knowledge distribute the brand. I don't necessarily like how large all Welcome boards are, but the shapes/ graphics are no more wack than send help.

Im also glad that different shops can afford to carry different brands that they want to support and don't necessarily have to, to survive.

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Man, you guys are really sensitive about your Spitfires, huh?  Companies disrespect each other all the time, they just usually do it by ripping each other off quietly. And anyway, do you think Spitfire really gives a shit about a little instagram caption?  A little friendly competition never hurt anyone.
[close]

No, I sincerely doubt Spitfire/Deluxe Distribution gives two shits about an instagram caption or considers Welcome starting a wheel or board company a threat in any way. Show respect where it's due. Deluxe has been a solid part of skateboarding for a very long time. No disrespect intended, but the dudes who ride for Welcome haven't been conscious as long as Deluxe/Spitfire has been a part of the skateboard industry.

Welcome shapes are fun. They should leave it at that.
Wow dude, spitfire wheels suck.. Get over it.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »
i had a dream that i had these wheels. the cores cracked and the wheels made this really annoying popping sound when i rode them.
will not buy.

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »
tactics has 54s and 58s in