Author Topic: IIL Magenta...  (Read 1061 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
IIL Magenta...
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »
If I like Magenta boards, like the concave and what not, what other brands should/could I try also? I could always just get another one, but I like to experiment too.

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
Re: IIL Magenta...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »
I heard a rumor that Magenta boards were made at Generator, a board manufacturer that does Deluxe and Kayo boards. So I imagine their shapes are very similiar to Anti-Hero, Real, Krooked, DGK, Expedition, etc.

Worth a little Google investigation at least. I have not really got into the vibe of Magenta boards yet, but they have grown on me over time. . .

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:17 AM »
Do Magenta and Polar both use Generator? If so, would that make their 8.12 shapes the same/similar?

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
Do Magenta and Polar both use Generator? If so, would that make their 8.12 shapes the same/similar?

They're both made by Generator but Polar boards are more flat than Magenta.

b.v.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 07:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're both made by Generator but Polar boards are more flat than Magenta.
They're pulled from the same piles of blanks so it might just be a case by case thing unless you are referring to the wood they use overseas for polar, which are china made.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:28:59 AM by b.v. »

pop pop

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 07:34:21 AM »
They're both Generator. The ones I've skated have all been pretty similar, but I have seen a couple Polar boards with some wild concave. My friend bought the Jerome Campbell poison burger deck, and that one had a pretty steep nose/tail.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 09:22:55 AM »
I skated a few magentas and am skating a polar now. the shape is a lot different on me but you get used to it very quick. I enjoy the polar a lot.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
I don't think it's a rumour that Generator make the boards for Magenta, pretty sure their catalogs have stated this. The Austrailian company Pass Port use the same woodshop and even have the brown wood stain topsheet, from exprience they skate the same.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
Ive only had one Magenta, my current setup, and its very similar to any Krooked or Real 8.125 shape. Its the Zach Lyons letter series