Author Topic: Quincy, Illinois  (Read 678 times)

Ian Dziallo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Quincy, Illinois
« on: September 07, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »
I just moved to Quincy, Illinois for college, but there doesn't seem like there is much of anything skate related here. They're trying to built a skatepark here, but right now there's nothing. Does anybody know any spots around here, or are from here? That would be great thanks

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Quincy, Illinois
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:21:21 AM »
Illinois resident here.  You are far from the type of civilazation that would have a skatepark.  This is the type of area where alcoholism and meth thrive. 

Just drive to Davenport skatepark every now and then, or build a ramp.  Just stay in school and off the meth, kiddo.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:22:55 AM by chockfullofthat »

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:24:39 PM »
I just moved to Quincy, Illinois for college, but there doesn't seem like there is much of anything skate related here. They're trying to built a skatepark here, but right now there's nothing. Does anybody know any spots around here, or are from here? That would be great thanks

You should transfer.

Also, what they said, say no to meth. I know it's trendy right now, but leave it alone.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Ian Dziallo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
Illinois resident here.  You are far from the type of civilazation that would have a skatepark.  This is the type of area where alcoholism and meth thrive. 

Just drive to Davenport skatepark every now and then, or build a ramp.  Just stay in school and off the meth, kiddo.

It sucks I don't have my car here, but I took the bus over the weekend and all I saw were meth heads and schizos. I'm going to just spend my weekend looking for any sort of spot, or maybe I'll be stuck skating flat for a while.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:43:56 PM »
Yeah, you'll be surprised what you can find in little towns sometimes. If it comes down to it you can build a small quarter or something. Good luck.