Author Topic: Iran  (Read 770 times)

yukaton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Iran
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
Planning on trying to go visit some friends in Iran in the spring and was wondering if anyone has ever been? Any Canadians ever tried to get a tourist visit? My friend will sponsor me but It sounds like going through a agency is much faster, Anyone have any experience in this?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Iran
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
no

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »
Yo Yukaton,

where exactly are you going? If you are going to Tehran, hit up Tsixty skateshop. The guys there might help you with spots and all that.
Also check in advance how long and what it will take to apply for a visa. This tends to differ greatly per nationality. If you need a formal invitation to enter the country, then a visa agency might be helpful.

Unfortunately, I have never been in Iran, but the Iranians I have met while traveling in Turkey have always been really friendly and I have heard good stories of people who have traveled there. As is anywhere, if you are polite and respectful people will be very hospitable. Also learn a few words of Farsi, people will really appreciate that.

yukaton

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
Yo Yukaton,

where exactly are you going? If you are going to Tehran, hit up Tsixty skateshop. The guys there might help you with spots and all that.
Also check in advance how long and what it will take to apply for a visa. This tends to differ greatly per nationality. If you need a formal invitation to enter the country, then a visa agency might be helpful.

Unfortunately, I have never been in Iran, but the Iranians I have met while traveling in Turkey have always been really friendly and I have heard good stories of people who have traveled there. As is anywhere, if you are polite and respectful people will be very hospitable. Also learn a few words of Farsi, people will really appreciate that.
Thanks Im planning on visiting some friends but of course will bring my board, I should be spending most of my time in tehran only really doing weekend or day trips outside. Yea Canadians have a harder time getting visas and their isn't a Canadian embassy in Iran currently as far as I know. But I'm confident with a formal invitation and pile of paper work it will work out.