Author Topic: Old skools rubbing my heel  (Read 21516 times)

SqueezeThePulp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Old skools rubbing my heel
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
Maybe this problem is more of a foot problem than a shoe problem, but does anyone know how to get shoes to stop rubbing your heel? I put heel liners in them and it didnt do shit.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:58:24 PM by SqueezeThePulp »

BRIX SKWIKZ

Re: Old skools rubbing my heel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
SILVER TAPE

Will Easley

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »
just start wearing different shoes that fit comfortably and support your foot.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:19:56 AM »
just start wearing different shoes that fit comfortably and support your foot.

I agree. If I bought any shoes that fucked my foot up I'd bin them.

Why do people on here always seem to be compensating for Vans cheap quality?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 03:30:50 AM »
I also have this problem with old skools, but after a few days they'll break in and be comfortable.

old skool is the perfect shoe, so it's worth getting sore for a day or two.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:43:49 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

Will Easley

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
I also have this problem with old skools, but after a few days they'll break in and be comfortable.

yeah the "perfect" shoe that hurts your feet. i really dont get it. do people not realize there are tons of good shoes out there to choose from that skate just as good as any vans shoe WITHOUT ever hurting your feet or having poor durability? im not saying every Vans shoe is trash but i swear they seem to get the most passes for bad quality shoes out of all the shoe companies, and the more yall keep drinking that vans kool-aid the more they're gonna keep pimping everyone that buys them religiously. people will buy $50-60 dollar shoes that are ruined in no more than 2-3 weeks then act like buying $85 shoes that last over a month is too expensive and doesnt justify the price. i really just dont get it...

Christian Alexander

• Rep: 6
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
Maybe this problem is more of a foot problem than a shoe problem, but does anyone know how to get shoes to stop rubbing your heel? I put heel liners in them and it didnt do shit.
I used to take a razor and split the padded part of the heel right on the end seam. Couple dudes I know do that.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah the "perfect" shoe that hurts your feet. i really dont get it. do people not realize there are tons of good shoes out there to choose from that skate just as good as any vans shoe WITHOUT ever hurting your feet or having poor durability? im not saying every Vans shoe is trash but i swear they seem to get the most passes for bad quality shoes out of all the shoe companies, and the more yall keep drinking that vans kool-aid the more they're gonna keep pimping everyone that buys them religiously. people will buy $50-60 dollar shoes that are ruined in no more than 2-3 weeks then act like buying $85 shoes that last over a month is too expensive and doesnt justify the price. i really just dont get it...

well, I for one, think vans in general has the best soles, best grip and best designs. They're not as durable as other brands, but I'm skating the Chima Ferguson Pro's now and they're holding up really well. And that's a god damn nice looking shoe.

As for support; I don't skate high impact shit, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. But that new inner sole that comes with new vans models, ultracush or whatever, is actually really good and a huge improvement. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:10:11 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I used to take a razor and split the padded part of the heel right on the end seam. Couple dudes I know do that.

I will try this on my next old skools

Will Easley

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

well, I for one, think vans in general has the best soles, best grip and best designs. They're not as durable as other brands, but I'm skating the Chima Ferguson Pro's now and they're holding up really well. And that's a god damn nice looking shoe.

As for support; I don't skate high impact shit, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. But that new inner sole that comes with new vans models, ultracush or whatever, is actually really good and a huge improvement. 

I think Emerica's modified version of the waffle grip used on shoes like the Reynolds & Provost models are much more durable and just as grippy, and I've skated a few pairs of half cab pro's before so im not just talking out my ass. as far as designs go, its not like you cant find similar looking shoes on lakai, emerica, etc. it just baffles me that people will continuously buy shoes that arent durable & have them doing shit like taking razors to their shoes & cutting up some of the padding just to make them wearable, when theres a million other options out there

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
off topic, but how do your Old Skools fit?
damn those yarys bout those squats

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
Got some of those Syndicate all suede old skools, biggest waste of money. I wouldn't skate them for a day. My feet move around in them (side to side) no matter how tight they are, and I also got heel blisters. Again, I'm with Mr. Easley on this one. Shell out 20 more bucks and get some Reynolds, they'll last 6 times as long.

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 01:21:58 PM »
Shower sandals last longer than Vans.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:22 PM »
have you tried wearing socks?

also, any "syndicate" or "pro" vans are garbage.

the holy grail are simple suede classics.  IMO those are worth the money ($50) and do not require any additional efforts to make them last just as long as any other shoe.  also, I don't consider swapping out insoles as effort...especially considering people put specially made non-factory insoles in their higher-end skate shoes.   

then again, Will's steadfast position on this topic is justified...
people will buy $50-60 dollar shoes that are ruined in no more than 2-3 weeks then act like buying $85 shoes that last over a month is too expensive and doesnt justify the price. i really just dont get it...

hardly art, hardly starving

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:56 AM »
the vans outlet sells "B GRADE" vans for $20 (after buy one get one 1/2 off they come to $15 each) and I've never noticed a difference in those shoes, so that's what I skate. So, a $15 pair of vans are worth it. I've tried other shoes for a while and I do not like the way they feel. Adidas and Deklines are probably the only other shoes I've enjoyed skating. Nothing beats the og waffle grip. sorry.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:16:06 AM »
the vans outlet sells "B GRADE" vans for $20 (after buy one get one 1/2 off they come to $15 each) and I've never noticed a difference in those shoes, so that's what I skate. So, a $15 pair of vans are worth it. I've tried other shoes for a while and I do not like the way they feel. Adidas and Deklines are probably the only other shoes I've enjoyed skating. Nothing beats the og waffle grip. sorry.

It seemed great to me when they were making decent cups.

$15 is cheap as shit though...  Wonder how much they cost to make?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It seemed great to me when they were making decent cups.

$15 is cheap as shit though...  Wonder how much they cost to make?

probably like $5....i found some Vans at the thrift store that had "Made in the US" on them and the quality is so solid. damn shame, still love vans tho.

theblandest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »
They are lacing techniques that can help to prevent heel slipping. Google it.

6 pac

• Rep: -5
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 12:01:18 PM »
cant speak of the old schools but the era pros are one of the best shoes ive ever skated

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »
Had the Pro Grosso old skools a while back, loved them. like someone else said, wear thicker/higher socks, do classic old skools have the leather lined collar or not? i know thats what i hated about normal eras

era pros are one of the best shoes ive ever skated

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 07:56:58 PM »
if you go to any pharmacy foot section there are these things called heel liners that are like grey poron ergonomically shaped, and you stick them to the back of the inside of your shoe.  they are good for heels that mess with you, or slightly big/stretched out shoes, or situations where better heel lock is desired.   

i just put them in some suede old skools.  i'm good now.

skate361

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 09:07:37 PM »
cant speak of the old schools but the era pros are one of the best shoes ive ever skated

they would've been for me too if the whole shoe was suede instead of just the toe and heel. my top 2 lace holes blew out so i cant even tie them up anymore