Author Topic: Tearing out stock Vans insole  (Read 2389 times)

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -107
Tearing out stock Vans insole
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
Got a pair of Half Cabs, OG ones, and I want to put a different insole in them.  Any tips on how to rip the stock insole out?  This pair won't budge and I can't begin to get under it. 

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
Re: Tearing out stock Vans insole
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:01:35 PM »
Is it stiched or glued? i have some halfcabs i got a few months ago here i dont exactly remember how i got it out but i usually use a big flathead screwdriver, no shoe company has a harder to remove insole than Dekline i promise you that. I loved Bodega mids but that huge insole was superglued on or something

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
microwave them, they usually will come out easier because it will heat up the glue.  and if any stays stuck to the shoe a razor blade helps getting it off

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »
Heat + a butter knife is exactly how I got mine out

I just wore mine for a couple hours and the insoles already started coming up. Then, I just busted out the ol' butter knife and the insoles came out easy as hell.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 05:42:51 AM »
Heat + a butter knife

Used too press mine against a heater for an hour then pry them out by hand but theres always a little bit of that crap left up near the toe

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
Yeah this is a HUGE complaint I have about any shoe that does this!  If youre going to have a shitty insole in there at least make it removable. 

I usually use a razor to cut a horizontal slit into the insole near the back, just enough to get my fingers in there and start to pry it up.  The back half comes out fine usually.  Then I just kind of scrape the toe area with whatever and get the foam out one flake at a time.  Real pain in the ass. 

Never tried heating up the shoe though its not a bad tip; maybe stick a hair dryer inside the shoe for a bit.