Author Topic: Provost shoes  (Read 2151 times)

d1ggitydan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Provost shoes
« on: September 14, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »
I haven't tried Emerica since the late 90's, and I'm really hyped on Collin Provost.

Was considering buying some of his new shoes, but I don't know how willing I am to invest 70 bucks for a pair of shoes I have no idea about.

I have heard different things from people saying they have upped their quality and factory construction, but I guess I will believe it when I wear em out and about.

anyone have a pair of these already that can attest to board feel and durability?

thoughts?

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: Provost shoes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »
I haven't worn them but I hear they're like a better version of the Cruisers. I'm sure you can search for reviews on here and on google and stuff will come up also. And their quality is said to have improved also, but I can't attest to it.

ZEBRA

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
My friend got them, and tore them to shreds in a months time. I couldn't believe how they fell apart so quick. I told him more than once to try and contact Emerica about it. That's how bad it was.

Now, my friend skates everyday, 1-3 hours a day, at least. So, you would have to figure he put those shoes through about 70-90 hours of skating.

I'll try to get pictures of it this week and post them to show how bad they fell apart.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
My friend got them, and tore them to shreds in a months time. I couldn't believe how they fell apart so quick. I told him more than once to try and contact Emerica about it. That's how bad it was.

Now, my friend skates everyday, 1-3 hours a day, at least. So, you would have to figure he put those shoes through about 70-90 hours of skating.

I'll try to get pictures of it this week and post them to show how bad they fell apart.
70-90 hours of skating is a really long fucking time.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »
Hi,

Im skating the provost right now and its ok but nothing special really. I was through the gum part in the flick spot in three sessions. Insole is crap and the whole shoe goes floppy really fast. Good board feel and its a decent looking shoe though...70-90 hrs of skating in any shoe sounds like bullshit unless you dip them in a bucket of shoegoo after every session...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:36:52 PM by Olabade »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:17:20 AM »
its a better version of the cruiser. thats a freaking great thing.
i have 2 sessions in, no special sign of wear outside the normal range.
if you liked the cruiser, you will love this shoe. no durability issues from the experience that my friends had.

ZEBRA

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
70-90 hours of skating is a really long fucking time.

Compared to what he usually gets out of a pair of Cons CTS', it's not. His last pair of Converse lasted him 3 months.

d1ggitydan

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 08:09:52 PM »
thanks for all the helpful insight into this shoe, I guess even with the local shop talk that Emerica has upped their standards they still suck. I really liked the way they looked, but I'm not willing to invest 70 dollars in something that's slightly better than the cruiser.

I'm already waiting on my order of HUF Ramondetta's as I type this. Hope they are awesome. The size nines I tried were fucking awesome but they were the red versions, I'm not a red shoe guy.

Got the black with red soles on order.

thanks again everyone.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:44:50 AM »
How's the sizing compared to the G6s? I'm a 10.5 in the G6 and I'd like to take advantage of a certain sale for the Provost's asap!

-I was a 10 in the original cruisers and 10.5 in the fusion models (but my feet have grown a tad over time)

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 07:41:24 AM »
i had 10.5 in g6 too (really tight though) and for some reason the provosts fit me perfectly in 10. its weird.

and if you dont want to invest in something that is even better than the cruiser then i dont know what kind of shoe you are searching for.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
i had 10.5 in g6 too (really tight though) and for some reason the provosts fit me perfectly in 10. its weird.

and if you dont want to invest in something that is even better than the cruiser then i dont know what kind of shoe you are searching for.
Damn, I already ordered. Need be, I'll just wear thick socks or something --- custom insoles. Whichever. Thanks for the heads up.

The cruisers are one of my all time favorite shoes. And the fact that Colin's shoe only expands on an already great shoe is wonderful.
However, there was a huge sale on Active and I had to take advantage of it. I would buy his shoes for retail, but the fact of the matter is, if I can get them for cheaper and still support a brand and skateboarder that I really like --- then it's a win-win-win.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 02:24:58 PM »
They don't last nearly as long as the reynolds