Author Topic: Skateboarding Truck as a Carry on luggage?  (Read 7581 times)

Tufty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
Skateboarding Truck as a Carry on luggage?
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
 Shit first time travelling for skating and i am stressed out. Sorry for 2nd thread.

Has anyone taken skateboard trucks as a carry on plane luggage? Was anyone given shit by security on skateboarding trucks being prohibited? It didnt occured to me until today and i serched the internet and everyone talks about whole skateboards, which of course dont meet the dimensions requirements.

Ps i am travelling within Europe via Ryan-Air. Thank you

Dole

• Rep: 3
Re: Skateboarding Truck as a Carry on luggage?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
I've always put them with boards and other gear but I think you could have them as a carry on luggage. But check at the Bag Drop desk before going through security.

Here's some ryanair terms in case you haven't read those.

Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of an aircraft:

8.10.1.2 Pointed/edged Weapons & Sharp Objects; pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury, including axes & hatchets, cleavers, arrows and darts, crampons (grappling iron, hooked bar of iron, or plate with iron spikes used in mountaineering), harpoons & spears, ice axes & ice picks, ice skates, knives with blades of more than 6 cms including lockable or flick knives, ceremonial, religious and hunting knives, made of metal or any other material strong enough to be used as a potential weapon, meat cleavers, machetes, open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge), sabres, swords and swordsticks, scalpels, scissors with blades more than 6 cms as measured from the fulcrum, ski and walking/hiking poles, throwing stars, tradesman's tools with a blade or a shaft of more than 6 cms that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon, e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saws, screwdrivers, chisels, crowbars, hammers, pliers, wrenches/spanners, blow torches.

8.10.1.3 Blunt Instruments: any blunt instrument capable of causing injury, including tennis rackets, baseball and softball bats, clubs or batons - rigid or flexible - e.g. billy clubs, blackjacks (truncheon of leather covered lead with flexible shaft), night sticks & batons, cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey and hurley sticks, lacrosse sticks, kayak and canoe paddles, skateboards, billiard, snooker and pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, e.g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, num-chucks, kubatons, kubasaunts.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
I ve read it but the whole blunt thing is too vague.

Dole

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Yeah. I've always just wanted things to go as smooth as possible and put em in checked baggage. But some homies have had trucks in their cabin luggage.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:08:48 PM »
wat about blunt to fakie instruments?

nailed it.

Dole

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
wat about blunt to fakie instruments?

nailed it.

I accidentally carried a blunt through bcn and copenhagen airports. Is there anything more?

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 06:22:32 PM »
talk about flying high.

nailed it 8)

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
You're in luck my dude, I've done this once. On RyanAir nonetheless.

I didn't want to spend the $25 or whatever RyanAir charged at the time to check a skateboard and my deck was beat anyway. I left the deck in Barcelona and put my trucks and wheels in the carryon. No problem.

Shredsledder

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »
I've never gotten bothered carrying my whole board onto the plane. tryna jam it into the overhead is always problematic though.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 02:27:03 AM »
You're in luck my dude, I've done this once. On RyanAir nonetheless.

I didn't want to spend the $25 or whatever RyanAir charged at the time to check a skateboard and my deck was beat anyway. I left the deck in Barcelona and put my trucks and wheels in the carryon. No problem.

Glad to hear that, i hope everything works fine for me i aint have the money for a full setup and it will ruin half my vacation

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »
also had my trucks in the carry on luggage on a ryan air flight, you should be fine. i don't know how he did it, but on a different flight a friend who didn't know shit about the luggagerules was able to just take his setup with him on board because security was like fuck it, take your scaterboard with you. that said i felt security was pretty lazy and i could have brought all kinds of shit with me in more hidden pockets of my clothes that they didnt bother to check. i suppose the level of security depends from where you fly off, tho.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 05:58:38 AM »
also had my trucks in the carry on luggage on a ryan air flight, you should be fine. i don't know how he did it, but on a different flight a friend who didn't know shit about the luggagerules was able to just take his setup with him on board because security was like fuck it, take your scaterboard with you. that said i felt security was pretty lazy and i could have brought all kinds of shit with me in more hidden pockets of my clothes that they didnt bother to check. i suppose the level of security depends from where you fly off, tho.
True that i went to Switzerland with my mom on the summer and she had a hairspray above above 50ml and no one cared in Greece but in return from Italy they took it away.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »
I've flown with a complete setup twice now. I had a backpack with straps for a board and brought it on as one carry-on. Nobody said anything.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
Flying domestic with a complete is no problem, but on RyanAir they usually do stop you and charge you to check it. At least they did a few years ago. Those budget airlines nickel and dime you at every opportunity.