Author Topic: Forrest Edwards on Weekend Buzz.  (Read 24953 times)

d1ggitydan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Forrest Edwards on Weekend Buzz.
« on: October 18, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
FUCKING.

GOLD.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:47:58 AM by d1ggitydan »

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Forrest Edwards on Weekend Buzz.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »
AHAHAHAH FUCK AHAHAHAHHA

IT CANT GET MUCH BETTER

AHAHAHA

mfkream

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:55:44 AM »
Wow there's something wrong w/ Garret Hill. Also, Forrrest was going IN on Brink.  Poor guy.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »
Forrest def has some personality disorder.

d1ggitydan

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:01:23 AM »
you guys don't get it do you?

You think Forrest is actaully being serious? this is a direct attack on the industry by means of emulating everything they are doing right now

-focusing primarily on NEW hip tricks only and NBDs

-homophobia (slowly changing with AO and others)

-ego centric and money grabbing

You actually really believe that's how Forrest really is? hahha that's funny. You're as gay as double flips. He's trying to get people to hate on those concepts by the way he just saturates every conversation with his little facade. It's good if you think about it. In person he's chill as fuck. and you can tell he's trying to hide that little smile after burning someone, then it's back to a forced mean guy look.

SpudFaceKillah

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »
Forrest has to go down as skateboardings number 1 troll, plus can't wait for the next skateline after this

d1ggitydan

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 09:24:57 AM »
Forrest has to go down as skateboardings number 1 troll, plus can't wait for the next skateline after this

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »

You think Forrest is actaully being serious? this is a direct attack on the industry by means of emulating everything they are doing right now

You actually really believe that's how Forrest really is? hahha that's funny. You're as gay as double flips. He's trying to get people to hate on those concepts by the way he just saturates every conversation with his little facade. It's good if you think about it. In person he's chill as fuck. and you can tell he's trying to hide that little smile after burning someone, then it's back to a forced mean guy look.

Dawg, he's been putting on this "act" for years now, I'm sure to some degree that this is how he's really seeing shit and if he's still playing a completely fictional character like you guys keep believing he is then he is one of the greatest actors ever

It's like looking at Stephen Colbert and thinking everything he says is completely irrelevant to his own personal view on politics, yea the dude is on tv playing it up but do you think he's straying THAT far from how he actually sees things?

He could be trolling still, I don't actually hang with the dude and had a real convo with him so hell if I know, but thinking realistically, he's probably displaying alot of who he actually is on these slices of life he's dropping here and there but trolling or not I enjoy it, carry on...

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »
good lord i juat finished part 1.  i think i lost it 10 times
where is home?

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dawg, he's been putting on this "act" for years now, I'm sure to some degree that this is how he's really seeing shit and if he's still playing a completely fictional character like you guys keep believing he is then he is one of the greatest actors ever

It's like looking at Stephen Colbert and thinking everything he says is completely irrelevant to his own personal view on politics, yea the dude is on tv playing it up but do you think he's straying THAT far from how he actually sees things?

He could be trolling still, I don't actually hang with the dude and had a real convo with him so hell if I know, but thinking realistically, he's probably displaying alot of who he actually is on these slices of life he's dropping here and there but trolling or not I enjoy it, carry on...

All I have to say is, if neither one of you have actually met forrest then you should just stop speculating.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 09:40:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

All I have to say is, if neither one of you have actually met forrest then you should just stop speculating.

I already acknowledged that in my rant so stop speculating my speculation...ing

d1ggitydan

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I bet it would surprise you to know pros that most people look up to have been putting on an act for decades now.

it's not as hard as you would think once the cameras are all on you.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 09:41:46 AM »
The look and hand gesture at 6:54...hysterical

AndyReynold

• Rep: -4
  • wagwan?
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
PALACE

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »
"I'm not gay though."

"I don't know about that"

Yung Forrest

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I bet it would surprise you to know pros that most people look up to have been putting on an act for decades now.

True, but then again we're not talking about other pros, we're talking about Forrest, why do you think people funk with him so hard? He's saying what normally wouldn't be in the cue cards and I really doubt people tell him to say/do the shit he does, I'm pretty sure it's encouraged now because people love it but that's where I bet it stops

d1ggitydan

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 10:17:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

True, but then again we're not talking about other pros, we're talking about Forrest, why do you think people funk with him so hard? He's saying what normally wouldn't be in the cue cards and I really doubt people tell him to say/do the shit he does, I'm pretty sure it's encouraged now because people love it but that's where I bet it stops

true. very true

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
hahah, this was the best shit ever.

Greg Road

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 10:52:38 AM »
Forrest is regular, no wonder he couldn't get on any team - and Brink asking him if everything is gay was also regular.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
Forrest is a fucking moron, I work with handicapped adults smarter then this shit head! And I am really shocked at Brink letting him to talk him the way he did, I would have busted a bottle over Forrest's fucking head if he laughed at me that way!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So Forrest is Slim Shady to Eminem?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 11:19:43 AM »
I like how you lowered your voice brink. You sound tougher.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
Forrest is a fucking moron, I work with handicapped adults smarter then this shit head! And I am really shocked at Brink letting him to talk him the way he did, I would have busted a bottle over Forrest's fucking head if he laughed at me that way!

wow u must beat the shit out of those handicapped adults if u would smash a bottle over a handicapped young man so willingly
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

S.E.

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
this wasnt funny in the slightest

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »
.....and Antwuan Dixon is an Angel.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »
Forrest looks like a god damn muppet.  Dude straight kills it on a board even though he may be slightly awkward in a social setting
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 12:33:38 PM »
Forrest clearly has some issues. It's a bit silly of posters here to suggest this is just some big performance act. I get that people - and probably forrest - play up qualities people expect of them, that's extremely common. Im sure he revels in being the 'bad guy' and so forth.

But the idea that its some huge act makes no sense. Basically, under that theory, he has decided, over a period of multiple years, to take a vow of poverty so that he can behave poorly - is he holding out for a big contract with hollywood for acting or something?

Why do I say this. Because if he could get a better attitude his talent alone would suggest 1) a legit pro board for a big name company (am path to pro), 2) a shoe contract with a legit shoe company, and 3) any number of lucrative endorsements that entails. In short, he would be a well heeled am or pro skater.

His skating - even in era where everyone is good - stands out.  The  clips he compiled over a 4 or so year span for that quartersnacks edit, which is the time the average big budget skate video takes, could easily be a big part, if not an ender, in a lot of videos. He has filmed some of the gnarliest stuff over a standard video filming period. He does incredibly hard tricks, is consistent, and even does NBDs at known spots (eg Wallenberg). In short, everyone knows who he is and he is incredibly capable of putting out a huge video part. But he has no legit sponsors (Threat is below what he can command skills wise). Why?

Are we to believe this is 1) part of some grand strategy to "troll" the industry or 2) he that he doesnt want legit sponsors or 3) he has issues?

I think the logical answer is no. He is not a capable of behaving in the manner that a team of skaters would want to ride in a van with him.

d1ggitydan

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 12:50:40 PM »
Forrest clearly has some issues. It's a bit silly of posters here to suggest this is just some big performance act. I get that people - and probably forrest - play up qualities people expect of them, that's extremely common. Im sure he revels in being the 'bad guy' and so forth.

But the idea that its some huge act makes no sense. Basically, under that theory, he has decided, over a period of multiple years, to take a vow of poverty so that he can behave poorly - is he holding out for a big contract with hollywood for acting or something?

Why do I say this. Because if he could get a better attitude his talent alone would suggest 1) a legit pro board for a big name company (am path to pro), 2) a shoe contract with a legit shoe company, and 3) any number of lucrative endorsements that entails. In short, he would be a well heeled am or pro skater.

His skating - even in era where everyone is good - stands out.  The  clips he compiled over a 4 or so year span for that quartersnacks edit, which is the time the average big budget skate video takes, could easily be a big part, if not an ender, in a lot of videos. He has filmed some of the gnarliest stuff over a standard video filming period. He does incredibly hard tricks, is consistent, and even does NBDs at known spots (eg Wallenberg). In short, everyone knows who he is and he is incredibly capable of putting out a huge video part. But he has no legit sponsors (Threat is below what he can command skills wise). Why?

Are we to believe this is 1) part of some grand strategy to "troll" the industry or 2) he that he doesnt want legit sponsors or 3) he has issues?

I think the logical answer is no. He is not a capable of behaving in the manner that a team of skaters would want to ride in a van with him.

1) you're only seeing him on camera

2) this isn't how the industry works, people are totally different in front of the camera especially pros and ams alike.

3) today you learn that he's not chasing money. he's unwilling to ride dick to get there.

I like how you know he has some "issues" because of the song and dance he puts on in front of the camera. He hangs with people in the industry and gets tricks, and that's all that should matter. But unfortunately it does not, so the persona he puts on is one that calls out people like you, and gets your  jimmies all riled up. Your answer alone shows he's killing it.

You're missing the point and I feel bad for you buddy. It looks bad on you.

it's baffling for you to think he just wants to ride and not follow a "lucrative" contract deal, and it makes me laugh harder.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »
Ok diggitydan, we get it.  You're Forrest Edwards.  Give it a rest.

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »
I'll bite. Sure Ive only seen his behavior on camera. And you know what, he acts like a complete asshole. Is that the cameraman's fault? Did Brink stage all of this video?

So he just wants to ride. Soul skater, right? And he doesnt care about sponsors? Sure...

Was it the big, bad industry that made him insult everyone on OIAM? Mark Wheately, who is a deservedly respected guy, said he was an uncomfortable presence on OIAM. That was at the beginning of Forrest's career, right? Was he trolling the industry at that point as he was on a web tv show trying to get a board sponsorship.Was that because Mark is part of mass skate-industry conspiracy to black ball forrest?

Was it that big, bad industry that made him act like a dick to Rob Brink? Or that's just part of his whole strategy, right?

Seriously, I get that the industry has politics. Everyone knows that. And you know what, so does every fucking industry. If I went to work and insulted everyone I worked around, pejoratively called them gay, you know what, I'd be out of a job. You can say that shit in skating but you also have to make good connections with sponsors. Call it a crazy conspiracy. But if you want to ride for a company - or work a regular job - generally someone has to be able to get along with you.

Im sure your probably friends with him. But it seems like everyone is passing on him because he comes of really strange. Is this only on camera? And if so why? If he such a nice, humble good dude in real life, why not just be himself when the camera is on.

The skateboard industry is legion with rough personalities. But most of them know how to get along when they have to. And lots of them are even dicks in interviews or on camera (ethan fowler, alex olson, jason dill, the list could go on forever). But all those guys get along with lots of other people.

I actually dont doubt that some people really like him. But your telling me every single TM and company owner - outside of Threat/BB - has decided to black ball him just because he so "raw"? How long have you been skating. You think he's the first hot shit am thats rough around the edges?

And, to be clear, I have no problem with forrest (reading comprehension is not a strong suit here). My jimmies are not worked up over forrest, although Im bummed for the guy because I think he should have some top sponsors. What is, however, bothersome, is the go-to conspiracy crap that infects everyone internet comment board. Anonymity seems to allow people to make leaps of logic they probably wouldnt make in person.

Also, the dude is, however - quite contrary to what you are saying - not killing it at all. With his talent he should have lots of great sponsors, but he doesnt.