Author Topic: Insoles  (Read 3246 times)

metsuri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Insoles
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:43:41 AM »
I've always used stock insoles only but lately I've been paying more attention to them, since I got the Converse Sammy Baca's as chillers. They have the Lunarlon insoles and you can really tell the difference because the shoe itself is really flat, thin and flimsy. The Lunarlon insoles make them the most comfortable summer shoe ever.

The DC Mikey Taylor has a nice, comfy and soft insole. I also remember liking Es Square 2's Ortholite insoles a lot.

So, any recommendations for such insoles? Nice and soft.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
Re: Insoles
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 03:21:19 AM »
I bought some footprint orthotic insoles. comfy as fuck. but min didnt last that long, so i had some contact via email and i got an 50% discount code for my next purchase. but the code doesnt work, or my size is out of stock plus they are so fucking slow with answering emails, so still no new insoles for me.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
I enjoy the footprint gamechangers and kingfoam gold insoles, soft yet firm at the same time. I love the Baca cons because the lunarlon is the same thickness as the gamechangers.

with that said, this doesn't need to be another thread, there are a bunch of others that pour over this subject
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:11:29 PM by Firebert »

ZEBRA

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »
Use the search bar and read the other 2-3 threads on insoles.

I, myself, are interested in Etcetera Project insoles. Ronnie Creager's company. They look pretty good. They got primo guards.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »
I popped the stock Emerica insoles out of my Herman G6's and put some rip off (although I think they're better) Dr. Scholl's insoles in and I'm a happy camper. Ball of foot and arch support (gel) and a fat gel pocket in the heel. You guys can be "core" and say "support the industry" and all that shit, but I'm not buying $25 or more for insoles that are endorsed by TK (nothing against him) where they bounce eggs off their shit when I can get something that I think is better for $7.99.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »
the kingfoams are dope for me cause i have really high arches. i feel if you're flat footed the footprint orthodics wouldn't be ideal..they make a flat insole too using the same foam material. i vouch for em
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ZEBRA

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »
I popped the stock Emerica insoles out of my Herman G6's and put some rip off (although I think they're better) Dr. Scholl's insoles in and I'm a happy camper. Ball of foot and arch support (gel) and a fat gel pocket in the heel. You guys can be "core" and say "support the industry" and all that shit, but I'm not buying $25 or more for insoles that are endorsed by TK (nothing against him) where they bounce eggs off their shit when I can get something that I think is better for $7.99.

I'm down for Dr. Scholl's. I tried the Footprint Orthotics and they weren't that great. I get a lot more support from the Dr. Scholl's arch support insoles.

Will Easley

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:09:45 AM »
Dr. Scholl's are highly slept on in the skate insole game. They may not fit for thinner shoes but the athletic ones should fit most cupsole shoes just fine and they've got all that gel shit in heel and forefoot as well as a thin plastic shank guard at the bottom that protects your foot whenever you land primo. The ones I had I probably used for 7-8 months in various shoes.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »
I just ordered the flat king foam gold to replace the stock eva one in griffin/vincent/new lakai vulc that's in almost every shoe in spring 14 and the orthotics for other shoes, I hope they're nice

Will Easley

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
I have the flat gold ones as well. they're fairly thin but the foams a bit stiffer, not in a bad way tho. it'll mold to your foot a little bit after a while. they're pretty good and they do help protect the surface of your foot during impact

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
I removed the red rubber heelcap on the insole of my Lakai Manchesters that were a Spring 2013 release, they fit better and aren't so tight at the front, and they feel more like a Vans type boardfeel shoe, but now they are kind flat in the back and I feel less on my toes.
The red glued on heel piece that Lakai used to use was heavy and just raised the heel up to much and my toes were crushed.
I'm a size 10 or in some cases a 9 1/2. In thicker sole, pointy toebox shoes I'm a 10.5 just to get it in there, but then I have a big gap and my foot moves around too much.
I wish I has a little heel support on the Manchesters, not for support, but for how my foot sits in the shoe and how I feel less on my toes when I'm skating. I kind of feel like I'm leaning back a bit when I stand.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:49:52 PM by JBones »

JBones

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 04:26:32 AM »
Glued them back in. The shoes are stretched out enough now to compensate.
Not the best, but alot more comfortable cuz now I have some arch support back.
Can't wait to try the new Lakai insoles next pair of shoes.

ZEBRA

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
I just bought Mariano's new shoe called the "Guy". They fit well, but have no arch support, for me at least. Tried to stick my Dr. Scholl arch support in there and the shoe got way too tight for me.

Had to go through all my shoes to find an insole that would work. Took some insoles outta my Axion Mandela's. They're the first run of them before they upgraded their insoles to the ones with the gel pad in the heel that say,"Love Yo Feet!".

They're seriously cardboard thin. They fit perfect now though.

Wide feet is a damn curse. I do have pretty good balance though. Haha

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 12:12:55 AM »
This is what my pair of Footprints look like after 10 or so sessions. Similar thing happened to the pair I had before these. Not stoked.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 09:02:09 AM »
That happened to mine too. That model is a couple years old. The current model (with kingfoam gold) fixed all of those issues, by stitching all the way around and using a denser foam.

JBones

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 11:02:55 PM »
Anybody ever use the Sofcomfort insoles they sell at Walmart?

Have a test pair of Emerica Templeton Heritic's that feel a little big and want to add a thicker insole to make them a bit more form fitted.

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
FP insoles worked wonders for my feet!  I work full time and I got a family to take care of so I'm not my feet all day everyday and then I go skate with some of the guys from the shop and man they're wonderful.  Took a couple days to break in, and after they formed to my feet it really felt like walking on a cloud.  And going from Lunarlon to that was terrific, I didn't think there'd be anything better than the green