Author Topic: Dickies Pants  (Read 22449 times)

micky682

Dickies Pants
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
So I bought into all the Dickies hype and bought a pair of the 874s. Now I got to say they're some of the comfiest pants I've had, up there with the Altamont Davis pants but with more durability. They took a bit to break in, but once they did the fit and comfort was great. The only problem I have with them now is that after my first was with them, they seem to have shrunk in the rise. Every time I bend down to pick something up or when I push on my board they always ride up my ass! Now its only been about 4 days, so I'm not sure if this is a common problem and I have to break them in again or if I just gonna have pants that give me a constant wedgie.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Dickies Pants
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »
So I bought into all the Dickies hype and bought a pair of the 874s. Now I got to say they're some of the comfiest pants I've had, up there with the Altamont Davis pants but with more durability. They took a bit to break in, but once they did the fit and comfort was great. The only problem I have with them now is that after my first was with them, they seem to have shrunk in the rise. Every time I bend down to pick something up or when I push on my board they always ride up my ass! Now its only been about 4 days, so I'm not sure if this is a common problem and I have to break them in again or if I just gonna have pants that give me a constant wedgie.

sounds like a great pair of pants bro.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »
874's are no good. Get slim straights, buy a size up, and wear a belt.

ontheswarm

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:36:49 AM »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:59:40 AM »

do not listen to this moron. 874 are perfect pants the key is just to never wash them.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
Yup.  Washing pants is dumb.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:42:21 AM »

I had those and mine had no crotch, and were super uncomfertable, I do however have the 874's and like them quite a bit
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
If they're not 874s they're not really dickies..

jam bra

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do not listen to this moron. 874 are perfect pants the key is just to never wash them.

this is true. don't ever wash them.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »
size up like the homie said above. cant be walking around with musky balls the fuck

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
I have multiple pairs of 873's.  I wear 32x34 but they are kinda long.  Gotta cuff em.  32x32 is too short tho.  Only pants I haven't ripped.  Just ordered two more pairs.  Id be down to try a pair of 874's.  They are the best for the best price
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
You guys are crazy. I got some slim straight 32's from walmart for like 20 bucks, then another pair of slim strait 34's from a dickies demo. The 32 fit perfect but flood a little, wash them A TON and they start to feel like kleenex or something. Super comfy. 34's are super baggy but its fun to wear huge pants every once in a while. Mine ripped pretty easy from just falling on my ass, but whatever they're not 60 bucks like other pants.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
its fun to wear huge pants every once in a while.

Yeah bro every so often I just gotta pull out a pair of huge pants for a laugh. 

I quit dickies a couple years back. 

wheee!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this is true. don't ever wash them.
I back this completely. 874's are the shit,   i never wash them, I just rotate them. I used to wear the 873's but tried wearing them the other day and they felt too restricting. Never wash them unless they stink or have horrible stains.

ThatAsianKid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »
Slim Tapers. Best buy ever. Plus you can't really go wrong with Dickies. Durable and Cheap. ;D

Slappy_Happy

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »
Slim Tapers. Best buy ever. Plus you can't really go wrong with Dickies. Durable and Cheap. ;D

How are they?  I wanted to try a pair because I saw they have the same leg opening as volcom chinos.  Which I really enjoy.  Do they fit like 873's in the waist?

ThatAsianKid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How are they?  I wanted to try a pair because I saw they have the same leg opening as volcom chinos.  Which I really enjoy.  Do they fit like 873's in the waist?

They fit like the slim straights but the leg hole opening at the bottom is tapered so they look straight and not baggy (if that makes sense haha) and they're not low rise (which I like personally). You can try them out at Jcp. There the only place in my area that sells them.

Bliz

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
874's weren't happening for myself.  Got some from walmart and ended up returning them to get a size bigger.  I'm not a fan of skating baggy pants however, so does anybody know which dickies give more room up top for the crotch?

Slappy_Happy

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »
874's weren't happening for myself.  Got some from walmart and ended up returning them to get a size bigger.  I'm not a fan of skating baggy pants however, so does anybody know which dickies give more room up top for the crotch?

My 32x32 are kinda crotch hugging.  And flood a bit.  I got some 32x34 and they feel better in the crotch and better all around.  They are a little too long but I just cuff em once and they are good to go.  Slim fit flat fronts are good but I suggest getting 2 inches down from your normal size in 873/874 they fit a bit big

nylin

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »

6 pac

• Rep: -5
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 01:17:40 AM »
i always feel like they fit me better when their washed,
the 874 is the best pant out, i wear 32x30 and they fit perfect

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 06:06:15 AM »
874 or die

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 07:19:11 AM »
wash em and air dry em you nasty mother fuckers  :D

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
How are you guys not washing dickies? They are seriously starched like a mofff when they are new. I guess i keep forgetting that half of slap is wearing shants and doesn't actually skate. My pants smell like they're straight from Ass-Hell after a few sessions.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
How are you guys not washing dickies? They are seriously starched like a mofff when they are new. I guess i keep forgetting that half of slap is wearing shants and doesn't actually skate. My pants smell like they're straight from Ass-Hell after a few sessions.

1 to 2 washes/air drys with dickies is perfect for me. not cardboard stiff, but not too soft like some fuckin pajama pants

Slappy_Happy

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »
My brown 873's that are only two weeks old and have been washed once are more broken in/softer than my grey 873's I've had for three months and washed countless times.  Maybe the color has to do with it.  Im getting rid of my grey 873 anyways.  They flood too much.  My legs keep growing.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »

this fool tryikng to talk about people not skating then complaining about some stinky pants, get the fuck out of here

WE KEEP IT

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »
Just got some slim straights 32x32. Might get them tapered, I like them a bit slimmer around the ankle (skinnys are way too skinny). Also they feel like cardboard so I'm gonna wash them and see how they feel/fit after that.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 06:33:48 AM »
Just got some slim straights 32x32. Might get them tapered, I like them a bit slimmer around the ankle (skinnys are way too skinny). Also they feel like cardboard so I'm gonna wash them and see how they feel/fit after that.

make sure you air dry them. don't put them in the dryer, they'll shrink, especially with the first wash

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:40 AM »
I love that starched hard cardboard feeling and want to maintain it as long as possible, creases down the front and all. I only wash them if they visibly need to be washed, if you air them out they won't stink. There a 65-35 poly cotton blend so unlike 100% cotton they don't hold onto sweat stink the same way. I'll even spray starch iron the crease back in if I have to wash them.