Author Topic: Jake Johnson - Wallride of Pain  (Read 26683 times)

shitsandwich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Re: Jake Johnson - Wallride of Pain
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 10:07:19 PM »
Don't wanna be that guy but.... ABD

LIARRRRRR

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »
I straightened the picture out since it had a deceiving tilt. It looks less steep now, but it still looks way steeper than the beryl banks. And those are pretty much the steepest banks one can skate like a bank. I'd say that alone makes it a wallride.

Also, I feel for his ankles if he bailed at all and tried to run out on those stairs.

definitely a wallride. i think of it this way. at the bottome of the first set you still couldnt roll up that "bank" to the top. and do a stall, maybe not even at the very top where its only like 4 ft it would still be a pain in the ass to go straight up it

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
I heard he landed it, then got out a barometer and checked wiki.

So upset that it wasn't a wall, he straight Instagrammed it.

Find a real wall next time pussy.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 11:53:27 PM »

plod

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 03:39:01 AM »
Fuck Between this and The Dane's 50 50 to drop my mind is blown.

This is like Jeremy Wray roof gap levels of gnar, really should have been a cover.

kools

• Rep: -45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 04:32:58 AM »
seems alien are doing just fine.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 06:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
I straightened the picture out since it had a deceiving tilt. It looks less steep now, but it still looks way steeper than the beryl banks. And those are pretty much the steepest banks one can skate like a bank. I'd say that alone makes it a wallride.

Also, I feel for his ankles if he bailed at all and tried to run out on those stairs.

[close]

definitely a wallride. i think of it this way. at the bottome of the first set you still couldnt roll up that "bank" to the top. and do a stall, maybe not even at the very top where its only like 4 ft it would still be a pain in the ass to go straight up it

The Snake is right of course, technically. Yet 'wallride' is a fairer description of this, similar to how one may call those who discriminate on outward appearance, racists - they are not technically racists, but their behavior is so appalling that it deserves a word with strong connotations. Severely slanted bank-ride is unpractical but also does not do it justice.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:35:15 AM by excitableboy »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:10 AM »
dude wallrided a giant darth wader.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2013, 07:41:15 AM »

So he did the trick, then measured the air pressure?
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
So he did the trick, then measured the air pressure?

;D spirit level. Sorry, drinking...

Either way, anyone not calling that a wallride can get fucked.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
don't want to be that guy, it's gnarly, but how can we call that a wallride ? no wall here...
[close]

Go drop in and post the footage, it's just a bank BRAH
[close]
ok, it"s a fucking big gnarly bank but it's not a fucking wallride, get it ?
[close]

Wallride is a catch-all term.  This isn't tax law.  So to define it as a "wallride" you require a 90 degree angle?  Do bank to walls count?  How about wallies should they sometimes be called bankies?

I understand how the slightest bank on a wall surface makes wallriding WAY easier, but you are arguing technicalities, just look at the nice photograph.

i'm in for the bankies!

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2013, 10:10:48 AM »
how the fuck do you look at that and think "yeah i could probably wall bankride that"

fixed

shone237

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
I hate to not be that guy but that's a fucking bank. If you wanna call it a wall ride that's fine but your wrong. He is able to carve over all the stairs because he has the grip of his wheels. You don't get that on a wall, simple science really.

I find it hard to believe this is nbd. I wouldn't want to live in a place that had a spot like that and not one skater that wouldn't give that thing a ride. If that was in LA it would have been carved 20yrs ago.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »
You kids crack me up, a sick photo of an amazing trick and you are arguing the semantics of verticality. 

Hopefully this will get things back on track:

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »
this photo is as gnarly as this thread is regular

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »
I hate to not be that guy but that's a fucking bank. If you wanna call it a wall ride that's fine but your wrong. He is able to carve over all the stairs because he has the grip of his wheels. You don't get that on a wall, simple science really.

I find it hard to believe this is nbd. I wouldn't want to live in a place that had a spot like that and not one skater that wouldn't give that thing a ride. If that was in LA it would have been carved 20yrs ago.

IF ONLY IT WAS IN LA!!

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »
I vote for it being called a "waveride"

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
YES!

foureyedjim

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
this thread
is funneh

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »
Wow. The snake is the biggest kook to come onto this site in years. Instead of appreciating the beauty and gnarliness of what Jake is doing, and how impossible it would be for just about anybody else to do, he bitches and whines about semantics. Do you think Jake can't do wallrides, or that it matters what its called? Its fucking gnarly, but your smarmy little bitchass just wants to sit posting stupid gifs and ruining everybody else's chance to appreciate something of such beauty.
Oh, and its a shame this room has no walls, it must get drafty:

you stupid, stupid child.

Oh, and whoever said that riding on a polished marble wall with a slight tilt to it is easy because your wheels grip is outting himself. You ever try to wallride marble? No fucking grip whatsoever. Along with that, vertical walls can be very grippy and hold onto your wheels. Basically, you've never done a wallride and your nitpicking doesn't mean shit. And don't give me that "but this isn't a wall" bullshit. Can you stand on what he is riding without falling off or slipping down it? Then its a fucking wall. If somebody was waiting outside of that would he tell a person he is meeting that he is leaning on the steep bank waiting, or that he's leaning on a wall? Exactly. See, I can play semantic games too that make you look fucking stupid.
But that doesn't matter.
What does matter is the fact that you are both stupid fucking kooks who think they are special and decoding something by coming up with some sort of semantic argument that you think matters instead of appreciating the beauty of what is being done. No matter what argument you come up with, you lose for not realizing how awesome this is.
Now sit down and shut the fuck up, stupid child.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:05:27 PM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but the last one was just to shut up the kooks. Now my thoughts on the WALLRIDE-
Fucking beautiful and so gnarly. just dropping in on something like that would be death, I can only imagine how gnarly the slams must have been on that- Come up short, you're fucked, balance wrong on the landing, you're fucked, come off the wall at the wrong point, you're fucked, don't turn it quite right, you're fucked. Basically, on something like this, you have to approach and execute it perfectly or you're fucked.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »

And if they are back-to-back you get bonus points.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but the last one was just to shut up the kooks. Now my thoughts on the WALLRIDE-
Fucking beautiful and so gnarly. just dropping in on something like that would be death, I can only imagine how gnarly the slams must have been on that- Come up short, you're fucked, balance wrong on the landing, you're fucked, come off the wall at the wrong point, you're fucked, don't turn it quite right, you're fucked. Basically, on something like this, you have to approach and execute it perfectly or you're fucked.

Techincally it's a bankride, not a wallride, but the name of the trick doesn't change how gnarly it is, so the rant is somewhat pointless. And obviously that would be way gnarlier if it was a straight wall no matter how grippy it was.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Techincally it's a bankride, not a wallride, but the name of the trick doesn't change how gnarly it is, so the rant is somewhat pointless. And obviously that would be way gnarlier if it was a straight wall no matter how grippy it was.

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Technically? - according to what?

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Technically? - according to what?

It's not a wall, it's a bank

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
you guys it's a bank wall

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2013, 04:05:52 PM »
You kids crack me up, a sick photo of an amazing trick and you are arguing the semantics of verticality. 

This.

It's hilariously embarrassing that the beauty of the photo and balls it took to pull the wallride off can't just simply be appreciated.

tidwid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
I vote for it being called a "waveride"

2nd'd

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually, you don't know what "semantics" means. What it means is that the person before, and now you, are arguing over what to call it, as if it makes any difference in terms of how gnarly it is. Also, mentioning ways it could be gnarlier is also stupid child shit. It would also be gnarlier if the wall was over a pit of hungry crocodiles. Who cares? That shit is gnarly and a bunch of semantic obsessed children who don't understand the dynamics of how wallrides work are whining. The wallride is rad, the kids complaining and nitpicking are not.