Author Topic: is this in philly?  (Read 6715 times)

superslopp

is this in philly?
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:52:46 AM »
anyone have an address?

ttching!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
Re: is this in philly?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
idk, but I'm pretty sure Barley had an ad bigspinning over and down that thing.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »

superslopp

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 03:00:53 PM »
AWESOME, thanks man. is it skater friendly or should i go at a certain time to avoid a kickout?

also, finding spots on google earth is the most exciting thing ever. just saying
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:03:35 PM by ian lowe »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
i've skated it a bunch on weekends, and no one gave a fuck.  hell, no one even showed up. 

go to it.  it's awesome

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
AWESOME, thanks man. is it skater friendly or should i go at a certain time to avoid a kickout?

also, finding spots on google earth is the most exciting thing ever. just saying

for sure dude. and nobody cares if you skate there, there's barely anyone even on the bike path. I feel like no one even skates it, at least when I'm there

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
im really intrigued as to what the setup is, any footy?

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »

From exitskateshops instagram.

A bunch of clips in this

SKATEJAWN VIDJAWN on Vimeo

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
Lost Soul made a clip there

BA. KU. lost soul. barrier knifing

Fuckboy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Yeah I've skated there all different days and times and have never been kicked out. Its pretty close to where I live. Its pretty sick.

There are a lot of things about SLAP you don't know anything about. Things you wouldn't understand, things you couldn't understand, things you shouldn't understand.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
I don't think the picture I posted worked but they added a whole bunch of new shit to it.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »
From what  understand the neighborhood association or whatever is fine with it as long it stays clean, no litter or graffiti.  The business right there doesn't like people parking in the the lot, best to park on Washington and enter on the path entrance at Washington and Columbus.

One time I was over there and wanted to check out some of the other nearby piers for anything worth photographing.  I crawled through a hole in a fence to this overgrown area, 30 yards in I can sense someone lives back there.  I figured not much worth bringing my camera out for and best to leave.  As I'm heading out a grimy Asian man in his 50's is coming through the hole in the fence, it's the dude who lives there.  I say hi and he asks in poor English what I'm doing back there.  I explain about the photography and we talk for about 5 minutes as best we could with the language barrier.  I gathered he has a job unloading trucks at on of the Vietnamese businesses on Washington and has a daughter that goes to UPenn; it was an interesting experience to say the least.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 06:25:56 AM »
One time I was over there and wanted to check out some of the other nearby piers for anything worth photographing.  I crawled through a hole in a fence to this overgrown area, 30 yards in I can sense someone lives back there.  I figured not much worth bringing my camera out for and best to leave.  As I'm heading out a grimy Asian man in his 50's is coming through the hole in the fence, it's the dude who lives there.  I say hi and he asks in poor English what I'm doing back there.  I explain about the photography and we talk for about 5 minutes as best we could with the language barrier.  I gathered he has a job unloading trucks at on of the Vietnamese businesses on Washington and has a daughter that goes to UPenn; it was an interesting experience to say the least.

Holy shit. That's a pretty gnarly story.