Author Topic: Complex Magazine : The 10 Best Skater-Owned Clothing Brands Right Now  (Read 14102 times)

Shamalamalon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Complex Magazine : The 10 Best Skater-Owned Clothing Brands Right Now
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

You guys realize this list is The 10 Best Skater-Owned Clothing Brands Right Now according to non-skaters, it's not a list about what skaters consider to be the best. They're outsiders looking into the culture and making decisions, so of course the list is not gonna be what everyone here likes.

The list is for other non-skater, hypebeast type people to look at and then go and cop to try and look cool, so just be happy your favorite brand isn't in there...
[URL=http://s109.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »
^u forgot to inexplicably capitalize every letter in a post
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Shamalamalon

• Rep: -14
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

Meh, I Was Just Gonna Do That On Comments, But Since You Obviously Loved It, Here You Go.... You Been Waiting Month's To Say That..?
[URL=http://s109.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
I miss comune, they had the best jeans.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Meh, I Was Just Gonna Do That On Comments, But Since You Obviously Loved It, Here You Go.... You Been Waiting Month's To Say That..?
no im pretty sure ive made fun of u for doing it before. yea i do kinda love it tho
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
Cool to see Hopps on it but no 10 Deep, Might Healthy or Palace? Fuck this list

soccer mom

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 08:08:07 PM »
Asphalt YAWN Club is super lame, and to new, no one has that shit and no one wants anything besides to watch their video's because they have a sick team. Figures Complex would add them to the list, maybe they should. Listen to VOL4

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 06:02:27 AM »
Cool to see Hopps on it but no 10 Deep, Might Healthy or Palace? Fuck this list

10 Deep doesn't have a skate team/ program anymore.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 06:05:57 AM »
Asphalt YAWN Club is super lame, and to new, no one has that shit and no one wants anything besides to watch their video's because they have a sick team. Figures Complex would add them to the list, maybe they should. Listen to VOL4

But yo when u ovacome raycest ass niggaz an 5hit den u aint gon let nobodies moafucka holdchu back. dun matta bout da coloa of ya skin or da fact dat niggaz finna hatechu fa bein u, just do u an den aebodie gon eat real talk purple drank.

I'm getting at the fact that Stevie goes through these stereotypical-for-him rants about making it in skateboarding through racism, ummm other obstacles, etc.

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:24 AM »
Fourstar, Altamont, Krew?

Pretty jiggy listicle.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 09:47:11 AM »
"being black is hard, everyone hates me."

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
Super bummed.

Came here hoping for some of the hottest tips in the skate fashion scene, but instead only found out where to get me some 'spensive sweat pants for my urban yoga class.

What's a bro got to do to find out what's hot and what's not in skate fashion? Who can we trust for this insight? I need color forecasts and style books, folks. I need NEXT YEAR'S looks now now now. I want niggas at the skatepark to back the fuck up when I arrive wearing a cape and jodhpurs. Is Supreme dropping a skort look this spring? Are overalls the next old look to come back? What about Jim Greco's late 80's AIDS cowboy look? I scan through the pages of every CCS catalog I can find and it seems to me that big-tittied Indian girls with joints hanging out of their mouths are big right now...can anyone confirm this for me? And what about shoes? Now that cup soles are on the come up again, should I start buying vulcs to be ahead of the curve? I heard that 5 panel hats are out? Is this true? I need to know if pot leaves on socks are still kewl or if I better sell all my HUF "Fuck It" apparel before it loses market share.

Can somebody help me please?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
But yo when u ovacome raycest ass niggaz an 5hit den u aint gon let nobodies moafucka holdchu back. dun matta bout da coloa of ya skin or da fact dat niggaz finna hatechu fa bein u, just do u an den aebodie gon eat real talk purple drank.

I'm getting at the fact that Stevie goes through these stereotypical-for-him rants about making it in skateboarding through racism, ummm other obstacles, etc.

I totally agree, it's so lame that a black guy from a ghetto Philly upbringing would talk about his personal story as a way of inspiring kids from the same background as him. That's seriously so corny.

erotikmesse88

• Rep: -35
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »
so helas and lucas are still cool
puh!!

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
I totally agree, it's so lame that a black guy from a ghetto Philly upbringing would talk about his personal story as a way of inspiring kids from the same background as him. That's seriously so corny.

im glad you see things our way...

nah but seriously, i got the "you a white boy" up until kanye west wore tight pants or ice creams came out. that was around the same time huh?

tough break nigga, fuck those dumb ass fools and what they have to say.

also being black is hard and im not downplaying that at all.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 05:15:56 PM »
Super bummed.

Came here hoping for some of the hottest tips in the skate fashion scene, but instead only found out where to get me some 'spensive sweat pants for my urban yoga class.

What's a bro got to do to find out what's hot and what's not in skate fashion? Who can we trust for this insight? I need color forecasts and style books, folks. I need NEXT YEAR'S looks now now now. I want niggas at the skatepark to back the fuck up when I arrive wearing a cape and jodhpurs. Is Supreme dropping a skort look this spring? Are overalls the next old look to come back? What about Jim Greco's late 80's AIDS cowboy look? I scan through the pages of every CCS catalog I can find and it seems to me that big-tittied Indian girls with joints hanging out of their mouths are big right now...can anyone confirm this for me? And what about shoes? Now that cup soles are on the come up again, should I start buying vulcs to be ahead of the curve? I heard that 5 panel hats are out? Is this true? I need to know if pot leaves on socks are still kewl or if I better sell all my HUF "Fuck It" apparel before it loses market share.

japan my friend, japan.
Twin Perks

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Super bummed.

[close]

japan my friend, japan.

The Vapors - Turning Japanese

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »

Get Garrett Hill on the team.